Litany of Curses for BG:EE?

Skye

I was trying to create a taunt-like ability for one of my classes and I figured recreating something like Morte's litany of curses should be a good start. So I loaded up PsT:EE and looked at the SPL file, whereupon I was immediately presented with several issues. The spell uses opcodes 358 and 369. The latter plays a BAM file and I could probably switch that out for 215 or toss it out altogether. The former, however, sets the override AI script that forces the creature to attack, which is integral to the ability. It doesn't have a resource reference, so I assume it's either hardcoded to SPIN101.BCS or uses the script file named the same as the SPL file. Either way, I imagine this is a replacement for opcode 82 and has the ability to reset the original override script after its duration runs out (otherwise I'm not sure why they would need to make another one). I'm also confused as to why there is a stun with no save effect in there, unless opcode 45 does something else in Ps:T.

In any case, replicating the spell has thus far been fruitless. I can't use opcode 82, as that's potentially game-breaking, but I don't see how else to go about this. Any ideas?

After a lot of testing and messing around with different opcodes and scripts, I've come to the conclusion that this isn't particularly feasible with the current engine capabilities, short of extending every common script (SHOUT, WTASIGHT, etc.) with additional blocks and messing around with scripting states or something similar. Even then, you can't guarantee consistent results, especially in combination with other mods.

It's a shame really, being able to temporarily override a creature's scripts would do wonders for the enchantment school of magic and any other mind-affecting effects, like the taunt ability I originally had in mind. Someday, maybe...