Wheels of Prophecy v8 Now Available

The Wheels of Prophecy is a mod for Baldur's Gate II and Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition by DavidW, author of Sword Coast Stratagems, adding new content, dialog and roleplaying options to the Throne of Bhaal expansion. It makes only minor changes to the main storyline but allows the player to interact with that storyline in a much more non-linear way. Version 8 is a maintenance fix, correcting a bug on Enhanced Edition installs and updating some behind-the-scenes resources.

v8 changelog

• Ad-hoc fix to a dialog-mismatch for Balthazar in Enhanced Edition installs
  • Under-the-hood changes: updated SFO function library and external-directory nomenclature; immutablised charset and audio handling
Guest Gorf

I had this problem

installation failed because the wheels_ascension.tpa was not found. Looks like it searches it in the main folder while it is in subfolder /lib.

After I moved the file, installation succeeded. There must be a wrong path reference somewhere.

Some old typos in balth.tra:

@1091 = ~I have mastered the power within me and held the evil in check, but I know as well...if not better...then most of my brethren the threat that it holds for all of Faerun.  I will not allow this.  I have dedicated my life to preventing it.~

then -> than

@1112 = ~You're a weaker fool then I thought.  Let's just end this now, shall we?  I have an appointment with god-hood.~

then -> than

@1167 = ~It...it is true.  I paid little attention to my men's actions, but I...I knew what they were doing.  I thought it a great sacridice, necessary to maintain secrecy, to attain my ultimate goal that they, in their ignorance, did not know would benefit them more in the end.  But...it is how we treat the most helpless of our brethren in the worst of times that marks the goodness of a man, does it not?  I...I am ashamed, <CHARNAME>.  I sought...only to do what was best for us all.~

sacridice -> sacrifice

@1174 = ~And despite what you might profess, I think the taint sits closer to your heart then you would have me believe.  I must walk my own path, <CHARNAME>...and you must walk yours.~

then -> than

Installation problem on non-Ascension installs now fixed (mod version bumped to 8.1; I'm going to try using fractional numbers for small specific fixes like this).

I'll get to the typos later - I just wanted to do this one now because it's critical for some players.

Guest Trenton

I found this error in both BGEE and EET installations:

The triggers for the various Head1 to Head5 dialogues are resolved as e.g. Global("Chapter","GLOBAL",311119). The correct dialogues never trigger and I get stuck before the final Solar talk. I can correct it with NI and everything works. Must be compile error.

5 hours ago, Guest Trenton said:

I found this error in both BGEE and EET installations:

The triggers for the various Head1 to Head5 dialogues are resolved as e.g. Global("Chapter","GLOBAL",311119). The correct dialogues never trigger ...Must be compile error.

Or rather the chapter numbering gets twisted at a point ... like say during EET_end install, and never recovers.

Yes, the EET edits the GLOBAL. It's likely a translation/string failure, as in, one places another.