DFB - Huh?

CamDawg

Apparently, there was bunches of the guys, as they made it all the way to the Government District. :D Also, keep in mind that the guards behind Mira, who were closer to the action, have the normal "Stand away, citizen!" type dialogue.

The guard in question is the one who says something along the lines of "I don't want any trouble from you, here. I saw you enter with those folks. It's a good thing for you that only that girl used magic, otherwise you'd all be in prison." And then you can ask him about the Cowled Wizards and the Shadow Thief.

If you talk to him with somebody other than Player1, he has a slew of responses (one of which doesn't even make sense). Things like "This area is cordoned off for your own safety, citizen," and "The Council is looking into matters. Proceed on your way."

The 1 guard in Ar0700 doesn't really matter, but you may want to consider doing this for Ar1000 (every single guard in the district has the stupid dialogue, and it makes no sense whatsoever).

The guard who is supposed to have this dialogue (the 1 who stands next to the rubble) isn't even on the map - he's created in the first cutscene.

Anyway, y'all decide which is what.

We shouldn't assume no guards except those who stay permanently next to the blowup in Waukeen's Promenade could have seen the blowup. They're supposed to be people, and people can move around.

If they say things like referring to an area being cordoned off when there's no area that qualifies nearby, that might be worth fixing.

First, thanks to devSin for coding all of this and also saving me a lot of time trying to figure out what everything does. Just wanted to check in with updates of what I've added based on comments in the thread:

• XPLIST.2da (Gromnir XP)
  • ar0016.are (tutorial traps)
  • ar0202.are (sewer key)
  • ar0300.are, ar0308.are (transition flags)
  • ar0327.are (unopenable ST chest)
  • ar0329.are (doors requiring keys)
  • ar0406.are (detected trap bits only; see below)
  • ar0414.are (demon eye animation)
  • ar0415.are (transition flag only)
  • ar0500.are (multiple Stanets, used Sim's alternate fix)
  • ar0510.are (portal animation bug, playhouse)

Stuff that's not included:

• EFF text (though this is very cool and I'd like to add this somewhere)
  • SNDRSREF.2da fixes had already been ripped from Remix
  • ar0332.are is already included from UB
  • ar0335.are
  • ar0406.are (black lotus patron changes excluded)
  • ar0407.are
  • ar0412.are
  • ar0415.are (trap changes excluded)
  • ar0516.are (rest spawn creatures)

For the detected trap in ar0406.are, I found several other traps thanks to NI that have the same issue. Traps in areas 0062, 0063, 0064, 0065 (I know these four aren't real areas), 0328, 0406, 0413, 0801, 0803, 0808, and 1006 all had similar issues and are fixed.

AR0415 is another one on which we need more discussion--this is Tyrianna's home which summons Flaming Fist guards, thanks to a very watchful cat. I know we discussed this for a while but never came to a definitive conclusion.

For ar0500.are and the multiple Stanets bug, I used Sim's suggestion of changing pirpir06 to use the same name and apparent name of "Pirate" as this seems to be the intention.

I feel the ar0516 changes are likely a bugfix, but I'll defer implementation to UB or the optional component.

More to come.

AR0415 is another one on which we need more discussion--this is Tyrianna's home which summons Flaming Fist guards, thanks to a very watchful cat. I know we discussed this for a while but never came to a definitive conclusion.

It should, I think, summon Amnish guards if Tyrianna is in the house.

The code I posted in the reply (I'll reporduce below) corrects the trap reference. I double-checked before I made the change, and I'm pretty sure this will work as intended. Since the script for the invisible ENFORAM creature checks for General(HUMANOID), there shouldn't be any consequences if the only creature nearby is the cat.

COPY_EXISTING ~AR0415.ARE~ ~OVERRIDE~
 WRITE_ASCII 0x04cc ~CTALARM~ #8 // correct trap script reference
 WRITE_BYTE 0x028c 0x04 // mark transition as party-required
BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

Make sure you check the "already detected" traps, since the patches of mine you posted fix all but the death match areas, AR0328, and AR0413. Depending on how your including my patches, it may be possible that some stuff is getting duplicated.

I haven't checked, but the pirate issue is unrelated to the duplicate Stanets (the PIR* files are almost all Brynnlaw stuff). The problem is that they included the same CRE twice, but didn't check his scheduling to make sure it didn't overlap.

As for name mis-matches, there are a lot of instances of these. I think I change all of these locally, as this can be a source of confusion (from memory, the beholders are a good source of this). The name at 0x0c appears to be used only for the tool tips, and the name at 0x08 is for anything in the feedback window. So, if you're facing a group of beholders and, from their tool tips, see that some are beholders, others are observers, etc., it can be confusing to figure out which one is performing an action because the feedback window will list them all as "Beholder."

Yeah, the ar0500 multiple Stanet thing is different altogether from pirpir06's name issues. Rather than staggering the two Stanet existance times, I changed the second Stanet reference to another random townsperson. Both solutions seem suboptimal; we should probably actually look at the two Stanets and pick a more appropriate creature file or delete one of the references outright. I also added the ar0415 trap changes.

AMNG1, which is the guard that devSin changes in AR0700 and AR1000, has very specific dialogue indicating he's on guard duty near the rubble, the most obvious of which is this: "This area is cordoned off for your safety, citizen. Move along." As such, I agree with devSin that any AMNG1 references for creatures not immediately by the rubble be changed to AMNG2.

Worked through more of the list.

• ar0529.are (Neb's non-disarmable trap)
  • ar0602.are (identified Long Sword +1)
  • ar0700.are (Amnish guard change)
  • ar0701.are (using Tazok's key)
  • ar0900.are (VVMADMAN exists only at night so he won't bail)
  • ar0901.are (Festule's potion)
  • ar1000.are (ambient sound and guard changes)
  • ar1002.are (Argrim's bodyguards)
  • ar1006.are (unlockable chest, trap detected)
  • ar1202.are (two more doors to require keys)
  • ar1303.are (bad item ref in Keep--used fire arrows instead)
  • ar1401.are (use key only)
  • ar1603.are (overlay fix)
  • ar1608.are (use Galvena's key)
  • ar1611.are (use Guildhall key)
  • ar1904.are (troll on impassable)
  • ar2000.are (transition flags, tomb key, ambient)
  • ar2002.are (trap fix)
  • ar2100.are (Underdark music)
  • ar2200.are (transition flags)
  • ar2207.are (trap fixes)

Stuff that's not included:

• ar0603.are
  • ar1401.are (journal changes)

Festule the Alchemist's potion is something that is only relevant in the Mazzy-Gorf encounter and shouldn't be in a random chest (you get it via the quest through very specific actions/dialogues); it's been replaced with a minor healing potion.

Argim's bodyguards--why are you changing the name in the area file of these two? It seemed unnecessary so I left it out.

One note about ar1401; we should drop Wes a line since I believe he uses the Symbol of Amaunator with the Item Upgrade mod.

The name is changed because they have to be unique in order to refer to them in the area script. So I change one to "mgketbg1" and one to "mgketbg2." In the area script, I then do the checks, and then the following:

ActionOverride("argrim",DestroySelf())
ActionOverride("mgketbg1",DestroySelf())
ActionOverride("mgketbg2",DestroySelf())

This all works courtesy of the magic number in the actor header.

Ongoing coding.

Included:

• ar2300.are (door uses Sekolah's tooth)
  • ar3000.are (vertices)

Not included

• ar2400.are (rest spawns)
  • ar2603.are (already included)
  • ar2800.are

The rest spawn changes in ar2400 are not definitive enough for me to consider a fix. They are, however, good UB candidates.

Finall finished the list. :)

Included:

• ar3001.are (ambients)
  • ar03004.are (rest spawn demon)
  • ar3010.are (rest spawn demon)
  • ar5006.are (trigger name change)
  • appends to ANIMATE.ids, AREAFLAG.ids, ANISND.ids, gtimes.ids,
  • monster sound fixes
  • ASCII junk cleaned up in ar2400.are rest spawn

Not included

• ar5002, ar5203, ar5505, ar6005 overwrites (Gaider stuff)
  • ANIMATE.ids, ANISND.ids R_T changes
  • ids file overwrites

Archived