EET_Tweaks v1.12 Released

K4thos

Download: https://github.com/K4thos/EET_Tweaks/releases

v1.8 changelog:

• WeiDU updated to Version 246
  • 64-bit WeiDU binaries added to package (32-bit setup-EET_Tweaks used by default for windows, 64-bit for Mac OS)
  • New component: 'Party XP for killing creatures distributed individually' - dependent upon EEex
  • 'Higher framerates support' (previously known as 'FPS & cutscenes audio adjustment') has been improved - it now takes advantage of new actions introduced in patch 2.5 (INI editing options has been removed - it's recommended to install Argent77's "Frame Rate slider" component from HiddenGameplayOptions mod or edit the file manually)
  • Removed 'Add Priest of Tempus kit for Priests' component (added officially in patch 2.5)
  • Removed 'Remove junk from global scripts' component (not worth the effort keeping it updated after each patch)
  • Removed 'Protagonist can die' component (reported to cause issues)
  • Removed 'More bandit scalps' component (because who cares)
  • Removed outdated German translation - 99% of the strings were in English
  • Added INI file with mod metadata

--------------------

Finally updated to support patch 2.5. Higher framerates support should finally work as advertised (see readme) but the component is no longer compatible with non-EE games. 'Party XP for killing creatures distributed individually' component is experimental and requires EEex (I think it's safe implementation since the new opcode is not called directly, so won't be stored in save files, but I haven't test it long enough to promise that it works flawlessly).

--------------------

v1.9 changelog:

Fixed resource regexp matching for Quest XP component

--------------------

v1.10 changelog:

• Czech translation by Vicq
  • Updated links in the readme file

--------------------

v1.11 changelog:

• Fixed problem with installing 'Wand Case' component on Tutu
  • From now on the mod changelog will be available only on Github

--------------------

v1.12 changelog:

Fixed 'Consistent NPCs -> Viconia appearance' component

Edited by K4thos

I found during my last installation that the XP patcher process BCS.BAK files generated by Near Infinity, since it seems to match them as part of the general globbing pattern? 

I had to manually modify a couple of files that were generating bugs on install and didn't realize that the backups of the old versions were kept there in my override directory, so those made the patcher fail on install.

Sadly I forgot to report it at that moment and now I lost the logs for the failure... but it should be easy to verify, just change something in an area/creature BCS that grants XP with NI and save it, and run the patcher and that .BCS.BAK that NI generates should come up as one of the files patched in the process.

Sadly I forgot to report it at that moment and now I lost the logs for the failure... but it should be easy to verify, just change something in an area/creature BCS that grants XP with NI and save it, and run the patcher and that .BCS.BAK that NI generates should come up as one of the files patched in the process.

I didn't know that NI produces such files. I think this option is not enabled by default.

I found during my last installation that the XP patcher process BCS.BAK files generated by Near Infinity, since it seems to match them as part of the general globbing pattern? 

which version of the mod you're using? From what I see most recent version has following regexp code, which should skip BAK files (I think). Not sure if this has been changed recently

ACTION_FOR_EACH ext IN BCS DLG BEGIN
    COPY_EXISTING_REGEXP GLOB ~.+\.%ext%$~ ~override~
//patch code
END

Edited by K4thos

Wow, I didn't expected to get a reply so soon :)

48 minutes ago, K4thos said:

I didn't know that NI produces such files. I think this option is not enabled by default.

Yeah you're right! It turns out that I have the option 'Backup on save' turned on!

48 minutes ago, K4thos said:

which version of the mod you're using? From what I see most recent version has following regexp code, which should skip BAK files (I think). Not sure if this has been changed recently

Sorry, should have said before reporting... I'm using v1.8 (as reported by Weidu) :

~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2052 // XP for killing creatures -> Decrease to 50%: 1.8
~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2062 // XP for quests -> Decrease to 50%: 1.8

I have a clone of the main git repo that I keep updated frequently (making sure I only update to a tag version, I learnt my lesson :) ,) but I have not seen updates in the last few weeks... I'm using Project Infinity for all my installs purposes.

EDIT: Forgot to explain the root causes, it might add more context to the issue... just in case, it's just detail that it might not be important!

The mod that caused the root of the issue was 'All Things Mazzy', which adds some changes to the files OHHFAK.bcs and_bClara.bcs that broke SCS patching (uses a string: "Renal Bloodscalp", with spaces and the SCS script didn't account for that) so I had to manually edit those files to replace the strings removing the spaces, install SCS components that choke with those,  and edit them then back again after that...

But I had to do the installation twice since I forgot to install some mods early in the list and so the second time around the previously edited OHHFAK.bcs.bak and  _bClara.bcs.bak were still present in the override folder (yeah, I didn't cleared it since I didn't remove *all* mods, just back up to NPC mods.)

So, maybe they're are getting picked up due to some dependency globbing related to area scanning or something? I'm sure I missing way off the mark, not so confident when it comes to reading and understanding .TP2 and such :D

Of course I reported the issue in the SCS thread (at beamdog forums) and I'm not sure if there's something wrong with the mod All Things Mazzy at all, so not sure if there's anything to report there.

Edited by Leeux
Added clarification at the bottom and fixed typos.

if you still have them, please upload the problematic BCS file (and BAK file as well). I will try to run the component locally and see if it the error will show up. I should be able to figure what's up if I will be able to reproduce it.

To be completely honest, I made a mess of things... I completely forgot in which state the files where when I ran the patcher... thing is, I /think/ that I forgot to undo my manual edits back to the original, so the patcher might have found the original state in the BAKs (the one with "Renal Bloodscalp" in the string.)

So all in all, now I'm thinking that I might do a reinstall again... for one, it'll help me in reproducing me this issue and this time catch the error logs and relevant files, and for the other, I'm having the feel that 50% XP reduction was too much to chose... I might try with 75% and see how that feels... (As I cleared several areas and did several quests and all my party is still L1... using the SCS component that makes NPCs start at L0 and lets you reconfigure them might have something to do with this, though.)

For now, since I won't be able to redo my install until the weekend, I'll attach the two files that caused me issues, they aren't the exact copies that failed for me, but I redid my edits and they should be in the exact same state as they were when I started! But of course, as they aren't the same... there could be something that I'm missing, of course 😕

What it matters is that if in one state they don't fail as they are in the ZIP, they *could* potentially fail if they were reversed (i.e. the BAKs become the BCS and the BCS become the BAKs.)

The ones I'm attacking in, the BAKs have the name "RenalBloodscalp" with no spaces, and the BCS have the original reference as it was produced by the mod that made the changes... I'd bet that the error happened when the state were reversed, i.e. the BAKs contained the name with the space on it.

But I'm jumping to conclusions ofc. I'm guessing taht the error was caused by the same issue that caused SCS to choke, but that might not be the case in this instance, not sure... I'd have needed the DEBUG file to be sure of that 😕 Sorry for being dumb and not saving it!

Sorry for making this more complicated than it should have been 😢

XP Tweak-files with issues.7z

Thanks for this great mod. Some of the components are ( XP for Traps, Spells and Lockpicking, Disable hostile reaction after charm, PnP spell scroll caster levels, Wand Case, to name a few ) a must have, even for classic games too.  :worship:

Edited by Greenhorn

Hello, had problem with one of the components from EET_Tweaks v1.10 , " Wand Case (by Mortianna)" when tried to install it on easyTutu:

ERROR locating resource for 'COPY'
Resource [_ighhegd.sto] not found in KEY file:
    [./chitin.key]
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Wand Case], rolling back to previous state
Unable to Unlink [EET_Tweaks/backup/4060/OTHER.4060]: Unix.Unix_error(1, "unlink", "EET_Tweaks/backup/4060/OTHER.4060")
[EET_Tweaks/backup/4060/UNSETSTR.4060] SET_STRING uninstall info not found
Will uninstall   7 files for [EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2] component 4060.
Uninstalled      7 files for [EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2] component 4060.
Unable to Unlink [EET_Tweaks/backup/4060/READLN.4060]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "EET_Tweaks/backup/4060/READLN.4060")
Unable to Unlink [EET_Tweaks/backup/4060/READLN.4060.TEXT]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", 

Is there anything I can do to fix this problem?