Tweaks Anthology v9 Released

On 6/2/2019 at 12:37 PM, ruudkoot said:

Having an issue with the Friendly Random Drops component for Icewind Dale:

GOG version. Mods installed:

• IWD Fixpack v6
  • 1pp high quality music
  • IWD Unfinished Business v8

Yep, got it. This is fixed for the next version.

On 6/7/2019 at 7:00 AM, subtledoctor said:

It's been reported that "Multiclass Grandmastery" only increases the proficiency limits for trueclass multi fighters - not multiclass kits. (Which are a thing now in the EEs.) 

It would be great if the component modified all kits with class = 7, 8, 9, 10, 16, or 17. 

This is done.

On 6/12/2019 at 8:14 AM, subtledoctor said:

In other news, I sent a pull request to make the Tweaks revised wizard/sorcerer/bard spell tables compatible with Tome & Blood's "Revised Ability Scores" component which gives bonus spell slots for high INT (mages) and CHA (bards/sorcerers).

This is done.

On 6/15/2019 at 12:06 AM, DavidW said:

There's a bug in the 'make NPCs less likely to die irreversibly' component that renders it nonfunctional. (Your quality control for people you let work on this project is lamentable - some complete idiot messed up the code by failing to run a critical macro.)

Fix uploaded to the repo.

Cheers!

On 6/19/2019 at 12:41 PM, StarkRavingMad said:

The "Faster Chapter 1&2 Cut-Scenes & Dreams"  is not working for me on BG2EE GoG version. The BG2 Tweaks version of this works fine, even using both of these at once seems to work fine.

In the olden days, Ease of Use and BG2 Tweaks just overwrote everything and mocked other mods for their changes. Anthology introduced a kinder, gentler patching method that no longer overwrote, but depends on a more finicky text match. It was failing for the opening cutscene and the dreams; this is fixed for the next version.

On 9/15/2019 at 3:13 PM, Kromgart said:

Component 4080 (Make Khalid a Fighter-Mage) causes a crash in EET, in SoD part, when visiting FAI (EET allows that).

That component expands Khalid and Jaheira dialogue - it sets a global variable "P#AlreadyTalkedKhalid" to 1 when you meet them in the beginning of the BG1.

It also expands the area script for FAI - adding some CreatureDestroying actions when "P#AlreadyTalkedKhalid" is zero.

I have never talked to K&J, and that variable was not set to 1.

Now when I enter FAI first floor, the game freezes and then crashes.

I set that variable in EEKeeper to 1, and the crash is gone. When I move in to see the spot where K&J usually stand in early BG1, and then change the variable to 0, Khalid appears, then disappears, and then the game freezes and crashes.

Reveal hidden contents

This should be good to go for v10. A lot of the scripting you mention was leftover cruft when we spawned alternative Khalids in ye olde times. Now that we just overwrite his old creature files it means the existing spawning system should work just fine and we can simply purge all of it. I've also created a Siege-specific Khalid so that this now works for folks picking up Khalid in Bridgefort. 

3 hours ago, Daeros_Trollkiller said:

Hey Cam, glad to see you posting.  did you happen to see my post for improving the "remove annoying visual effects" component of the tweaks mod?  Please feel free to use it in the next update if it looks good to you.

I'm getting to it--just working down the list atm.

On 9/16/2019 at 12:47 AM, DrAzTiK said:

the component "move boo into minsc bag" is not avaible for BG2EE

It is now!

On 10/17/2019 at 4:20 PM, GreyBeard said:

a question from a noob

GOG BG:EE on Linux LUbuntu 19.04

SCS v32.7 + Tweaks Anthology v9 (both are the latest versions from github)

Is there a required sequence of installing the mods? I believe there is none.

But right now i enabled the Convenient Location mods and Viconia is not on the road South of Beregost. I think she's still on the same location pre-mod ... East of the road still hounded by the guards.

I'd post my weidu.log later if needed.

She's not literally on the road; she's in the area along the north edge off to the west a bit.

On 2/6/2020 at 5:53 AM, Daeros_Trollkiller said:

For consideration in the next update to this mod:

I took the code from the "Remove Blur Effects" portion of the mod and added in some additional code that removes other annoying effects from items that have them, such as the cloak of mirroring and reflection shield +1.  The way it works is that when equipping one of these items, it prevents the specific visual effect from playing on that character only, and only while the item is equipped.

For example:  Character has reflection shield +1 equipped: the visual does not play.  If the character were to cast the physical mirror spell while this shield is equipped, the visual effect  from the spell wouldn't show while the shield is equipped, but if you remove the shield, the effect returns immediately.  It does not affect other characters or NPCs that use these spells.

I've tested this with BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE and IWD:EE and it seems to work as intended as far as I can tell ( only patching items that actually have these effects)

COPY_EXISTING_REGEXP GLOB ~^.+\.itm$~ ~override~		//remove blur, physical mirror, spell trap visual effects from items only ie: claw of kazgoroth, relfection shield, cloak of mirroring
	READ_BYTE 0x18 flags
		PATCH_IF ((flags & BIT2) = BIT2) BEGIN // don't care if not droppable
			LPF DELETE_EFFECT INT_VAR silent = 1 check_headers = 0 match_opcode = 65 match_timing = 2 END // only delete equipping blur effects
				LPF CLONE_EFFECT INT_VAR silent = 1 check_headers = 0 match_opcode = 197 match_timing = 2 opcode = 291 END  // prevent visual effect for phsyical mirror from playing on character if item has them only while equipped (reflection shield)
					LPF CLONE_EFFECT INT_VAR silent = 1 check_headers = 0 match_opcode = 205 match_timing = 2 opcode = 291 END  // prevent visual effect for spell trap from playing on character if item has them only while equipped (cloak of mirroring)
		END
		BUT_ONLY

This is in for v10.

On 3/9/2020 at 3:59 AM, Fuinril said:

Hello! 

I'm all new here. I downloaded this mod mainly for the no traps and no locks component which is sadly broken and do not work at all as of v9 (at least in BG2 EE - but I strongly doubt it works with any IE game due to some offset errors).

So I rolled up my sleeves, cast an eye about how IE modding worked, learnt some bits of Weidu and fixed it.

I'm all willing to push it on github, however I think it's more polite to ask before emitting a wild PR. Moreover I did some structural changes: I separated the component in two : ground traps and container/door traps and locks... and I'm not sure it will be welcome. So I post here and wait for an answer.

Here the complete patchnote :

• disable trigger (ground) traps can now be installed as a stand alone component
  • update doors "locked" flag if needed (fix doors still being locked with a 0 lockpick difficulty)
  • update container "locked" flag if needed (fix chests still being locked with 0 lockpick difficulty)
  • update doors "hidden located" flag for hidden doors, making them instantly visible (the "Detection difficulty" parameters does not seem to be used by the game engine)
  • fix the offset for reading "key" parameter used to check if a door or a container has a key (and if so not remove the lock)
  • add some checks to not override uneeded files (not sure if needed)

I wanted to play with the force difficulty to allow to not remove locks but allow to force any container or door at 25 str but had no success for now

Finally the code :

A huge thanks for all of this! For the most part, I've incorporated this, with two notable exceptions:

• Even though lock difficulties get set to zero, I'm retaining the locked flag as it serves as an important indicator to the player. E.g. in many homes, the guards will be called when opening locked containers, and removing the flag means the player has no warning to be careful.
  • For now I'm going to keep it as one component as I've not seen any demand for these to be separated (and the more natural separation is likely traps vs. locks). If someone out there wants these as separate components, let me know, and also how you'd like them separated.
1 hour ago, CamDawg said:

A huge thanks for all of this! For the most part, I've incorporated this, with two notable exceptions:

• Even though lock difficulties get set to zero, I'm retaining the locked flag as it serves as an important indicator to the player. E.g. in many homes, the guards will be called when opening locked containers, and removing the flag means the player has no warning to be careful.
  • For now I'm going to keep it as one component as I've not seen any demand for these to be separated (and the more natural separation is likely traps vs. locks). If someone out there wants these as separate components, let me know, and also how you'd like them separated.

The though behind the separation was this component is - I think - mainly used for playthroughs without thief. However ground traps, whle often a hindrance, are also used as battle elements like against Sarevok or in the room with the mummy mosaic in Athkatla. That beeing said I understand very well giving too many options in  such a huge mod is a problem of its own, so feel free to do as you see fit.

Edited by Fuinril

Well, I would like to see the option to have either or both. Easiest way to do this is to code the separate components in their own .tpa files and then just run the files in the .tp2 file as needed or in the last option use both .tpa files.

Ofcourse I always opp for more components, sue me.

1 hour ago, Fuinril said:

The though behind the separation was this component is - I think - mainly used for playthroughs without thief. However ground traps, whle often a hindrance, are also used as battle elements like against Sarevok or in the room with the mummy mosaic in Athkatla. That beeing said I understand very well giving too many options in  such a huge mod is a problem of its own, so feel free to do as you see fit.

That's something I hadn't considered. Cheers.

That being said, in the set piece fights where the traps are part of the difficulty they typically can't be disarmed. For example, only two of the 15 traps in the Sarevok finale and none of the six in the Belhifet fight can be disarmed so the impact on difficulty is somewhat mitigated.

Any of you folks who use the component want to chime in? Especially if you're, say, an SCS solo'er?

8 minutes ago, CamDawg said:

That being said, in the set piece fights where the traps are part of the difficulty they typically can't be disarmed. For example, only two of the 15 traps in the Sarevok

What ? I would remember being able to remove most traps in the BG1 fight(in BGT-weidu ... v1.05b or close), definitely more than 2, both eyes and the smile, and at least one drop. Yes, the traps(~8) that summon the Battle Horror's weren't being able to be disarmed, but the trapped floor tiles that form the symbol were easy to disarm before the fight was to begin, after which all hell was lost anyways. Walkthrough where you can see the map... spoilers of course.