Tweaks Anthology v9 Released

21 hours ago, Guest darklordspal said:

I have used upgraded versions of weidu before (I load all my mods "manually").  I was not trying to cause insult.  To add to the last thing I posted, I had IWDEE NPC and Anthology V8 installed and I must have fouled up somehow because I was getting BG2 dialogue when first meeting the extra mod added characters. So I totally wiped (as in all files in documents and Beamdog library) IWDEE files and reinstalled IWDEEIWDEE NPC and used Anthology V9 downloaded directly form Gibberlings 3 instead of Github. Nolo problemo.

I do appreciate all responses and hope I didn't cause too big a fuss.

I can't speak for CamDawg, but I don't think it hurts to check things if there is a concern of malware.

That being said, it sounds to me like one of two possibilities you are running into:

1. False-positives from an overzealous anti-malware program (most likely)

2. Your computer is already infected, and the infection is attempting to spread (less likely, but still possible)

If I were you, and I was getting that many hits from my anti-malware, I'd be wiping my system and doing a clean install of the OS, pronto.  It's a pain in the ass, but its better than the alternative.

Guest darklordspal
23 hours ago, Daeros_Trollkiller said:

I can't speak for CamDawg, but I don't think it hurts to check things if there is a concern of malware.

That being said, it sounds to me like one of two possibilities you are running into:

1. False-positives from an overzealous anti-malware program (most likely)

2. Your computer is already infected, and the infection is attempting to spread (less likely, but still possible)

If I were you, and I was getting that many hits from my anti-malware, I'd be wiping my system and doing a clean install of the OS, pronto.  It's a pain in the ass, but its better than the alternative.

I am considering it.  Fortunately, I have a maintainence contract for just such an occasion.  I will have to wait for the lockdown to end before I can make use of it and I hate not having my computer for a week, but it may be worth it. Thanks.

Where would malware have come from?  The mod is on Github, and only G3 people have authority to modify it AFAIK.  Not saying it isn't worth being vigilant, just that the circumstances don't point to it as being likely.

I mean, you can always trash the downloaded .exe file that comes with this mod, and replace it with a known clean version of Weidu.  Everything else is either .tp2 code (easy enough to inspect) or BG2 filetypes (which I suppose could be malware in disguise, but then the question is how is it triggered, and how does it get in the mod package in the first place (see above)?

On 4/28/2020 at 6:22 PM, ptifab said:

I don't have the exact rules as i don't own the books, but i've noticed one small weird number in the thac0table.2da. At line 18: "Cleric-Thief", there's an odd 19 THAC0 at level 3, shouldn't it be 20 as per other Cleric Levels ?

I think maybe thief is 19 there, and it uses the best of each.  That's probably the only time thieves have better thac0 than clerics.

3 minutes ago, ptifab said:

@subtledoctor i assumed that aswell the first time i ran into it, but why then is it not extended to other levels then i asked myself ?

Like I say, there are no other levels at which a thief has better thac0 than a cleric.  Level 3 is the only time.  So at level 3, a C/T will have the thac0 of a thief.  At every other level, a C/T will have the thac0 of a cleric.

May already have been noted, but just in case it hasn't: there is no kind of description for the "Infinite Nonmagical Ammo for Bows, Crossbows, and Slings" component in the readme. Personally, I'd be pretty okay with completely ridding the game of all non-magical arrows, bolts, and bullets (given how insanely cheap and plentiful it is, none of it having weight, and just being an annoyance to manage), but I'm not sure if this component avoids the vanilla technical problem of normal unlimited ammunition launchers in that they apply double damage if you use an ammo for them, so I'm not sure whether to use it or not - an explanation would be helpful.

(e): Testing it out, it seems to add an ability to launchers that just replicates the launcher type's non-enchanted ammo as its main firing mode, with the ability to switch to the launcher's normal firing mode to launch enchanted missiles. However, it does indeed fall prey to the double damage exploit, as when you equip ammo and stay on the first firing mode (the default!), it does the damage of both missiles - you would have to manually switch to the secondary, non-exploitative firing mode every single time you equip the launcher if you wanted to avoid exploiting the double damage, which is obviously way too much work. Unfortunate, but not unexpected.

Edited by Bartimaeus

An alternative solution might be to simply patch all stores to replace arrows with those infinite quiver things introduced by TOB.  Just change the description and call it "Quiver."

Or maybe not mess with .STO files; instead just overwrite the nonmagical arrow/bolt/bullet .ITM with that quiver, and then patch every .CRE to reduce the number equipped from >1 to 1.

I might be able to code that up.

Alternatively, remove unenchanted arrows, bullets, and bolts from stores entirely and then mark them as undroppable, and then I'll CLUA in an unenchanted quiver of plenty of myself, :p.

Another issue with CDTweaks: in non-Enhanced games, for years now, I have consistently gotten the wrong amount of hitpoints when using the "Max HP at Level 1" component. My thief gets 4 HP, my mage-cleric gets 5 HP, my sorcerer gets 2 HP, my ranger gets 11 HP(!?), and...actually, my paladin got 10 HP. This time, anyways. The base HP (i.e. not including the Constitution bonus) only, of course. I can only assume that something else I've installed is interfering, but uh, I guess I'm not really sure what to check to figure out what is doing it. I suppose I should look at the .tp2 - sometimes, I forget I can investigate things too.

(e): Uh, I guess this just must be a bug with the original engine or something, because the .2das look correct and nothing else has modified them.

Edited by Bartimaeus
4 hours ago, subtledoctor said:

An alternative solution might be to simply patch all stores to replace arrows with those infinite quiver things introduced by TOB.  Just change the description and call it "Quiver."

Or maybe not mess with .STO files; instead just overwrite the nonmagical arrow/bolt/bullet .ITM with that quiver, and then patch every .CRE to reduce the number equipped from >1 to 1.

I might be able to code that up.

Without prejudice to whether this is a good idea conceptually, you'd also want to iterate through all the areas in the game and remove any ammunition in containers, and also mark ammo carried by non-joinable creatures as undroppable.- otherwise the game is cluttered by lots of undroppable quivers.

I thought about that, but it would mean you would not find and arrows until you get to a store. No archery throughout Chateau Irenicus! (Already tough enough when SCS replaces all the goblin archers with duergar crossbowmen.) Better, I think, for every bow-wielding enemy to drop one (just one) droppable quiver. Yes the player will ignore every one after the first, but that’s okay. 

Containers are another thing. I don’t even really know how to patch them. Hm. Well, this is not a high priority anyway...