Tweaks Anthology v9 Released

Two problems here:

Having a problem with Shar-Teel.

I installed the CDTweaks and the NPC Project, which according to the readme, should be compatible. I also made sure, i Installed the "NPCs never leave"-component.

Yet here i am at 17 rep, Shar-Teel lashes out at me and declares she is leaving immediatly. I cannot see, why she would do that besides the Tweaks, so I guess its a bug. I am not sure, why I cannot find anything related to that or maybe she is just so "hated", people never found out until now.

There seems to be no workfix around.

The other lesser problem is Alora in Gullykin. She tries to talk to the group, yet the dialog never initiates. I just included her with Strg+C during the cheat-command, kicked her out and after that, I was finally able to use her properly, without her trying to talk to me over and over again with never getting a dialog window.

I couldnt find anything for this out there as well.

I've notice all the BG games and IWD encourage a very stop-start gameplay in combat, around resting. That is, you can do combat, rest, then be fully healed, then move on. I understand you can get ambushed during the night, however I find that it's usually not enough of a threat to the point where you can just deal with it easily then rest again after dealing with it.

I think this results in really crappy gameplay that encourages total scumming of the resting mechanic.

Pillars of Eternity knew this, which is why they limited how much you can camp based on your "camping supplies", a limited resource.

Obviously having a limited resource is likely a lot of effort, but would it be possible to prevent resting a second time until 20 realtime minutes have passed? This way, scumming is effectively avoided.

Edited by Sarge945
clarity
28 minutes ago, subtledoctor said:

There is a component to increase the likelihood of having your sleep interrupted in dungeons (up to 100%, I think). I don’t think there's any way to time-limit it.

While this won't fix things like combat in outdoor areas, this seems like a reasonable solution, even if a bit clunky.

I might turn it up to 90% to heavily discourage gaming the system for free health regen.

It's not an ideal solution, but I think it'll work for my purposes. Thanks a lot for the suggestion!

Time Limiting was just a suggestion, if it's not possible that's fine. There are probably more elegant ways to solve the issue. I guess the ultimate solution at the end of the day is self control, even if it feels like fighting against the games intended mechanics (which causes a lot of disappointment)

Edited by Sarge945
6 minutes ago, Sarge945 said:

Yeah. I wonder how hard it would be to create a module that simple toggles the "you can't rest here" flag for all locations, (or optionally only dungeons), forcing players to rest at an inn if they want to heal and recharge.

That's probably way too punishing, though.

Toggling the flag would be easy.  Not breaking NPCs, special encounters, etc. in doing so would be much more effort.

8 hours ago, Sam. said:

Toggling the flag would be easy.  Not breaking NPCs, special encounters, etc. in doing so would be much more effort.

If it means anything, I'd be willing to test. I just started an IWDEE playthrough.

Tbh I can't see it affecting IWD much. You might have a point about BG though.

Also, completely unrelated: I noticed that when you enable the option to allow humans to multi class, or you enable other races to dual class, the description for human is never updated, so it still says they can never multi class and that they are the only race that can dual class.

It's obviously a very minor issue and not all that important, but would that be possible to fix?

Edited by Sarge945

Hello.

I would like to have a small explanation for Friendly Random Drops - Exchange with Merchants: do merchants only trade against items found in the random chests, or with other items as well, please?

w.r.t. Infinite Nonmagical Ammo for Bows, Crossbows, and Slings, I think I'm just going to deprecate it for now. The goal was to simplify inventory management, not introduce a double-damage exploit. All of the alternatives proposed, while clever, don't really address my original goal of "just grab a bow and go". Normal quivers are available in Exotic Items, if anyone's so inclined.

On 7/20/2020 at 7:19 AM, Guest AndrewZarath said:

Hey there,

Just an observation: It seems that the component "Allow Stealth and Thieving Abilities in Heavy Armor per P&P" does not decrease base percentages only the additional ones. I'm playing latest version of BGEE with a couple of mods, but I have installed the Tweaks at the very end. 

This is something I've gone back and forth on in various versions. As an example, look at Shadow Armor--studded leather that provides +15 to stealth, and generic studded leather is -20 to stealth. So should the item only provide -5 stealth as a "bonus"? I've just standardized on allowing the bonuses straight up--so the Shadow Armor still provides the +15 to stealth, in effect increasing its effectiveness by making it +35 stealth above normal studded leather. Given that, for the most part, it's overall a nerf for armor, I'm comfortable with the tradeoff of a handful of perks being even stronger.

On 8/7/2020 at 1:24 PM, DavidW said:

Just flagging this bug in " PnP Proficiency Rules on Dual-Classed Characters" (and also flagging @subtledoctoras I think it's his code and he might be reusing it elsewhere).

This is fixed.

On 8/8/2020 at 3:57 PM, Caedwyr said:

Flagging a compatibility issue with Tome & Blood "bardic casting in leather armor" component and Tweaks Anthology Arcane Spellcasting in Armor tweak.  Subtledoctor has information on the compatibility issue (due to a revision in the component number in Tome & Blood) and older code in Tweaks Anthology, here.

This is also fixed.

On 10/2/2020 at 9:05 PM, Lauriel said:

I have a request.  I'd like to have an override variable added to the Send BioWare NPC's to an Inn component.  Sometimes mods don't want stock NPCs to go to various inns.  It would be nice to have a variable such as cd_Ajantis_to_FAI be set to 0 or 1 so it could skip just that one.  That way, install order wouldn't matter.

...I'm just using Ajantis as an example, just so no one panics. :)

I've added checks on the following global variables

• cd_no_travel_fai_all - Disables the option to send any NPCs to the FAI if non-zero
  • cd_no_travel_jugg_all - Disables the option to send any NPCs to the Jovial Juggler if non-zero
  • cd_no_travel_nashi_all -  Disables the option to send any NPCs to the Nashkel Inn if non-zero
  • cd_no_travel_esong_all - Disables the option to send any NPCs to the Elfsong Tavern if non-zero

So if you want to close off the FAI for some story-related reason, set cd_no_travel_fai_all = 1 for the duration.

Each NPC has the same variables to individually disable these options, just replace _all with _dv, So to prevent the option to send Ajantis to FAI, just set cd_no_travel_fai_ajantis to 1. When you want to re-enable it, set it back to 0.

Two notes on this:

• For consistency, Baeloth uses the same variable names even though he moves adjacent to these areas. E.g. he hides behind Sorcerous Sundries instead of going to the Elfsong, but this will still be disabled with cd_no_travel_esong_baeloth = 1.
  • These are based on the DVs of the NPC, so restricting Imoen uses _imoen2 variables on BGT and _imoen on all other platforms.
On 11/14/2020 at 10:52 AM, Greenhorn said:

One small bug in this version regarding component " 2 handed bastard swords " for BG:TotSC. It sets even long swords and scimitars for 2 handed use. 

This is fixed, kinda. In oBG bastard swords, scimitars, long swords, and two-handed swords all use the same item type. (In BG2, we just use proficiency which avoids this altogether.) Two-handed swords get filtered out by checking if the weapon is one-handed, and (as of v10) long swords and scimitars get filtered out by checking for usability of single-class druids and thieves. This still isn't perfect--if a mod adds a scimitar or long sword that's unusable by thieves and druids, it'll get picked up as a bastard sword. I feel like the other things that we could check--base damage, minimum strength, etc.--are less reliable than usabilities, but I'm open to suggestions. We can also add explicit exceptions for mod items that get classed as bastard swords erroneously.

On 11/25/2020 at 1:22 AM, Greenhorn said:

Now, this is a bummer... or convenient exploit. :p So, after I recruited Eldoth and dropping him to Jovial juggler after he gained 1 level next time I entered that inn he walked straight to my party requesting to join in... with Skie in tow. :laugh2: It is still chapter 2 and I hadn't been anywhere close to Baldur's gate. 

Yeah, lack of a min HP opcode makes this difficult. What I've done for oBG is temporarily up her HP for the fight, and then lower it back down when she joins. It's still not perfect, but adds a little bit of a cushion.

11 minutes ago, CamDawg said:

This is fixed, kinda. In oBG bastard swords, scimitars, long swords, and two-handed swords all use the same item type. (In BG2, we just use proficiency which avoids this altogether.) Two-handed swords get filtered out by checking if the weapon is one-handed, and (as of v10) long swords and scimitars get filtered out by checking for usability of single-class druids and thieves. This still isn't perfect--if a mod adds a scimitar or long sword that's unusable by thieves and druids, it'll get picked up as a bastard sword. I feel like the other things that we could check--base damage, minimum strength, etc.--are less reliable than usabilities, but I'm open to suggestions.

Can you check the unidentified name? Most magic items will have the name of the nonmagical version in that field. (If they don't have a recognized unidentifiable name, you could use a secondary heuristic.)

1 hour ago, CamDawg said:
On 11/25/2020 at 10:22 AM, Greenhorn said:

Now, this is a bummer... or convenient exploit. :p So, after I recruited Eldoth and dropping him to Jovial juggler after he gained 1 level next time I entered that inn he walked straight to my party requesting to join in... with Skie in tow. :laugh2: It is still chapter 2 and I hadn't been anywhere close to Baldur's gate. 

Yeah, lack of a min HP opcode makes this difficult. What I've done for oBG is temporarily up her HP for the fight, and then lower it back down when she joins. It's still not perfect, but adds a little bit of a cushion.

Glad that Shar'Teel will be fixed but that bummer with Eldoth and Skie is even more severe. Last time I played oBG Skie summoned guards in Jovial Jugler which become battlefield right before CTD. :p