Does the fine weapon component mess up stats on magic bows?

Since one can buy regular +2 bows in the black pits modes I noticed that the stats for them were off.

The excellent shortbow has the thaco and damage +1, but the shortbow +2 only has thaco +2 with no damage bonus at all. 

Same problem with the longbow +2 which has the thaco +3 but no damage bonus. 

The composite bows are even weirder. A normal composite bow already has +1 thaco and damage (for bg2, it actually has +2 in bg1) so the excellent one should have +2 on both stats, yet only has +2 thaco and +1 damage. The composite bow +2 then has thaco +3 but still only +1 to damage.

These items are unmodified by SCS but in any case are fine: magic bows mostly give you a hit bonus in BG but not a damage bonus. (There are exceptions: as in all things, the game is not completely consistent here.) The excellent shortbow actually gives only +1 to hit and no damage bonus, but there's an error in its description (now fixed).

Ah, now I see what brought about this confusion. The bow stats are heavily nerfed from BG1 to BG2 and I was used to the BG1 values. 

Seems rather odd to me, as the +1 to damage/thac0 for each magic enhancement level seems pretty universal for this series. 

Anyways, thanks for clearing that one up.