Sword Coast Stratagems v32 now available

Sword Coast Stratagems is a collection of interconnected mini-mods for Baldur's Gate (on the BGT/BGTUTU/BGEE versions) and Baldur's Gate II. It is primarily a tactical and AI-enhancement mod: the idea is to make the game's combat more interesting, tactically challenging, and realistic by more effective use of, and choices of, creatures' abilities. It also contains a few rule tweaks and ease-of-use features.

Version 32 is a major revision (the largest since the old 'SCS' and 'SCSII' mods were merged). Highlights include a new integrated difficulty-control system, inclusion of the Icewind Dale spell system, substantial revision of spellcaster AI, six new components, much fuller compatibility with the Spell Revisions mod, some streamlining of the mod's overall structure, and a major decrease in installation time.

Grab it direct here. You can also visit the extensive project pages, readme, or SCS forum for more information. 

(See the readme for a detailed changelog: for reasons of length I won't provide it here.)

You didn't think v31 had a novelty and freshness that v32 loses once more?

In seriousness, though, thanks again for holding the fort with v31. It capped an embarrassingly long period where SCS was only functional with a bunch of patches, and it was ready well before v32 ever would have been.

47 minutes ago, improb@bile said:

@DavidW

A few days ago I sent you the translation of the new content, but it's not in v32
Some problems?

Only that I hadn't noticed it. Apologies and thanks: it's on the repo now and I'll update the release when I get a chance.

2 hours ago, Gwendolyne said:

Guess I found a typo in install_sfo.tpa:

OUTER_SET is_tutu = ( GAME_IS ~tutu tutu_totsc~ ? 1 : 0)
  OUTER_SET is_eet = ( GAME_IS ~tutu tutu_totsc~ ? 1 : 0)

Second line seems to be a mistaken copy-paste...

Looks like - thanks.

Fortunately it's harmless - I never actually check that variable (I just use GAME_IS ~eet~). I don't now recall why I set it up, and I'm quite curious how you found the bug - it's buried quite deep in SCS's function libraries.

1 hour ago, DavidW said:

Looks like - thanks.

Fortunately it's harmless - I never actually check that variable (I just use GAME_IS ~eet~). I don't now recall why I set it up, and I'm quite curious how you found the bug - it's buried quite deep in SCS's function libraries.

Nothing magic or secret. I only checked if you modified anything about immutability because I intend to use the weidu_external folder for the next 1pp and IA releases. ;)