Sword Coast Stratagems v32 now available

8 hours ago, AnonymousHero said:

EDIT: Also, killing Daveorn seems to crash my game pretty often. I guess he's just becoming the hardest enemy by metagaming me :).

I was able to backstab him to death in my game with invisibility (isn't he supposed to have stoneskin?) which always crashed the game for me.

Also, backstabbing Mulahey while he's neutral didn't make him hostile but started a loop where he keeps initiating dialogue. Looting the chest fixed it.

At least in BG2EE:

• WIZARD_FIRE_SHIELD_BLUE and WIZARD_FIRE_SHIELD_RED protect (via opcode #206) against non-existing resources (namely 'SPPR319A', 'SPPR517A', 'SPPR717A')
  • There are still some scripts that make use of 'LastTargetedBy()' (e.g., 'DW2RS2GE', 'DW2MS2GE')
Edited by Luke

Now that BGIII is in production. Thought I would get back and give BGIIEE another go.

I want the most challenging experience. Do I need just this mod SCSv32 for that? Or should I be using other mods aswell like Ascension and or Item Randomizer, or are they not required and SCSv32 should be all I need for the best challenge?

Thanks!

2 hours ago, shadow85 said:

Now that BGIII is in production. Thought I would get back and give BGIIEE another go.

I want the most challenging experience. Do I need just this mod SCSv32 for that? Or should I be using other mods aswell like Ascension and or Item Randomizer, or are they not required and SCSv32 should be all I need for the best challenge?

Thanks!

For a baseline level of challenge you should get Ascension (by the way, DavidW has rewritten it from scratch to streamline and whatnot, check here), SCS, QuestPack and aTweaks.

IIRC, Ascension should be installed first, then QuestPack, then SCS, then aTweaks. 

12 hours ago, Lilaina said:

I was able to backstab him to death in my game with invisibility (isn't he supposed to have stoneskin?) which always crashed the game for me.

Also, backstabbing Mulahey while he's neutral didn't make him hostile but started a loop where he keeps initiating dialogue. Looting the chest fixed it.

The Davaeorn thing is (almost certainly) the same problem as with the Hamadryad: namely, trying to ReallyForceSpell a dimension door when the caster is dead. This code hasn't changed for ages so I'm wondering if there's an engine change in EE 2.5 that's responsible. Fixed locally, in any case.

10 hours ago, Luke said:

At least in BG2EE:

• WIZARD_FIRE_SHIELD_BLUE and WIZARD_FIRE_SHIELD_RED protect (via opcode #206) against non-existing resources (namely 'SPPR319A', 'SPPR517A', 'SPPR717A')
  • There are still some scripts that make use of 'LastTargetedBy()' (e.g., 'DW2RS2GE', 'DW2MS2GE')

The Fire Shield issue is a 'tell' that Insect Swarm changes aren't installing correctly; fixed locally.

I know about the LastTargetedBy(). It's at worst harmless, and I don't want to tweak with something quite deep in the logic if I can help it, not least because I'm not convinced the EE and vanilla engines interpret LastTargetedBy() the same way. 

I have to say, David, you're amazing, and thank you for working on such a huge, complicated, and awesome mod such as this one.

Truly a blessing to this community, thanks!

Awesome mod. SCS is a must, and I approve of all the changes you made. I remember being visited by 5 cowled wizards with SCS 30 and instantly getting swarmed with fiends everywhere, that definitely felt dumb. Now it's fixed, one of MANY awesome fixes. This new SCS seems like ... ideal! Good job 

On 6/11/2019 at 12:44 AM, n-ghost said:

For a baseline level of challenge you should get Ascension (by the way, DavidW has rewritten it from scratch to streamline and whatnot, check here), SCS, QuestPack and aTweaks.

IIRC, Ascension should be installed first, then QuestPack, then SCS, then aTweaks. 

Out of curiosity, is anyone here using these mods in that order?

Alot of the descriptions seem to be similar in nature in doing the same sort of things to the game, is there no conflicts do they all work well together?

1 hour ago, shadow85 said:

Out of curiosity, is anyone here using these mods in that order?

Alot of the descriptions seem to be similar in nature in doing the same sort of things to the game, is there no conflicts do they all work well together?

In Ascension subforum DavidW pointed out that for Ascension 2.0 you are probably better installing it a bit later in your order, by the way. I.e., for non-EE BGT installations nowadays it's something like: ToBEX -> fixpack -> BGT -> Almateria's Restoration Project -> UB1 -> UB2 -> QuestPack -> Ascension -> SCS -> aTweaks. 

In any case, aTweaks should be installed last in this list, SCS is second to the last.

If anyone points out any mistakes in my order, I'll be grateful.

You mentioned non-EE.

what about for BGIIEE only?

Anyone can confirm your suggested mods and order for BGIIEE?

Ascension, quest pack, SCS, and then aTweaks.

If not yet confirmed or tested, I may just do a Ascension+SCS run, or a SCS only run. But I don't want to miss out on anything that may offer a better experience lol.