Sword Coast Stratagems v32 now available

Just done an install of SCS. No major errors, just a couple of warnings in the AI initialization component, so I am just putting it here in case it is of any use:

WARNING: no effects altered on spwi418d.spl
WARNING: no effects added to scrl07.itm

[./override/SPELL.IDS] loaded, 26998 bytes
Warning: you've called an include with no argument

Attached is my weidu.log (nothing like a megamod install, but still relatively heavily modded) and the sfo_warnings.txt file in weidu_external folder. I would also attach the (homongous) debug file but the way I install SCS it contains only the part relative to tactical challenges, so it is not of much use.

weidu.log

sfo_warnings.txt

On 6/10/2019 at 1:00 AM, DavidW said:

Are you on EE or vanilla?

Sorry for the delay: I'm on EE.

Another day another playthrough... I think this is actually reproducible: Approach Dave while visible, he gives is speech and turns hostile. I have auto-pause on See Enemy, so we have an immediate pause. Queue the command to cast the scroll while paused. Unpause. He'll be hit with the scroll, his sequencer will fire, CHARNAME will be hit with the sequencer (and probably webbed), but he'll still be able to cast spells (normally).

I've tried this a few times and it seems to reproduce the bug every time.

EDIT: If you approach him while Invisible, and cast the PfM scroll on him before he gives his speech there's no problem. It works as expected -- his sequencer fires, and attacks using his darts(?), but does not cast any spells.

Edited by AnonymousHero

I've tried to reproduce on this basis. One complication is that on my unmodded version of EE, the protection scroll is self-only - are you on EET? In any case, I tried with an edited version that targets living actors as per BG2.

Once I do that, I find that his prebuffs go up (arguably that's a bug in itself), he casts his sequencer, he uses his preprogrammed Dimension Door sequencer (again, arguably a bug), but he doesn't then cast any normal spells, just uses darts and/or Melf.

Don't know if it is a bug.

1. But in the starting dungeon, the drugear enemies can act weird when I cast web at them. They try to run away from the web but usually end up going idle when not webbed and do not attack hence, become standing targets.

2. The first vampire in the starting dungeon attacks the assassins, but the fee-male assassins does not attack vampire and becomes and easy kill for the vampire who then vanishes.

Guest Christian

I got a question about the customisable NPC part for BG2EE. Am I correct to assume that for some of the NPCs their regular versions can't be built? Thinking especially of Anomen who does not have the required stats to dual to cleric.

7 hours ago, Guest Christian said:

I got a question about the customisable NPC part for BG2EE. Am I correct to assume that for some of the NPCs their regular versions can't be built? Thinking especially of Anomen who does not have the required stats to dual to cleric.

I adjust stats if necessary to make dual-classed characters legal. (That should probably be documented.)

3 hours ago, DavidW said:

(That should probably be documented.)

I would remember that the G3 BG2Fixpack had this noted... but I wouldn't remember that anything came out of it. Probably the easiest way to fix this is to update the requirement .2da -files(abdcdsrq.2da & abdcscrq.2da), so it's a little bit more lenient.

3 hours ago, DavidW said:

I prefer my way. (I'd rather tweak NPCs to fit the rules than tweak the rules to fit the NPCs.)

Anomen is... a special case here, in this. This is because the role he has in the family story of his. Aka he gets the requirement if you choose one of the options. And there's a mod that tweaks the other option to be better... as today, the so-called "good choice" is not the only one.