Baldur's Gate 3 Announcement Teaser

1 hour ago, CoM_Solaufein said:

Since my $ is limited...

News flash, so is mine and many others, to a zero, but that has not limited me to a thing, or them. Today, things are as free as you like them to be. Since games are sold with Licence to Usage, not being a Streamer, I can use a non-commertial licence to play them with. It's called the friend of a friend approach.

But I guess it's better than buying things from the Russian mob. It just calls for daring.

It has always been like this, and I don't see a day coming when it won't. And you can see this in everything you look at. Stadia included. It's the worst of deals.

I'm pretty excited! I just hope that the non-Stadia versions are slightly easier to mod, but even if they aren't 'harder' doesn't mean 'impossible'. People have modded Breath of the Wild and even modded Inquisition and Andromeda, so with enough elbow grease I can see it being done. The question becomes how much hassle will it be and if the hassle outweighs the benefits of even bothering.

5 hours ago, Nyaore said:

...People have modded Breath of the Wild and

Well, emulating a console and then modifying the output is a different thing than modifying the basics of the game.

Although in this case, it's really much the same in technical requirements... as it's easier to mod the Wii U BotW using the Cemu emulator, than the Nintendo Switch BotW for example. Read the highlited notes from here with red, to know why.

They did this with the Nintendo Wii U version of game because they had far more time to make the emulation process good with Wii U. You want us to work on emulating the Stadia based engine offline 10 years before begining to modify the PC game...

Inqusition and Andromedia ... were popular games enought to warrent a moding scene, as both had well educated moding scenes in the previous games. Does the BG3 have that ? It's likely a different scene completely.

On 6/8/2019 at 8:41 AM, Jarno Mikkola said:

News flash, so is mine and many others, to a zero, but that has not limited me to a thing, or them. Today, things are as free as you like them to be. Since games are sold with Licence to Usage, not being a Streamer, I can use a non-commertial licence to play them with. It's called the friend of a friend approach.

But I guess it's better than buying things from the Russian mob. It just calls for daring.

It has always been like this, and I don't see a day coming when it won't. And you can see this in everything you look at. Stadia included. It's the worst of deals.

what on earth are you even talking about.

Anyway I'm stoked for it being 5e, if I ever see the words "thac0" again in my life I'll spontaneously combust

6 hours ago, Almateria said:

what on earth are you even talking about.

At which point specifically... I made 3, in the quote ? Which is why there are 3 sentences in it. Or are you asking about the overarching theme ? Well, that is that as the games as media has changed, it hasn't for me... for the 35 years I have played them. The access has always been a little drifty, but that's just ones perspective. Any amount of money wouldn't fix that... but just maybe, make it even worse.

On 6/8/2019 at 6:22 AM, CoM_Solaufein said:

Perhaps I'll check out the Divine games out to see how Larian is. Since my $ is limited I generally just stick with X game companies or X game series and haven't really branched out. I see one of my favorite VOs Alix Wilton Regan did voice work in both games.

Do any of the original developers of the BG games work for Larian?

try the first game first, divine divinity. after that, i'd recommend d:os2 (newest game). after that i'd rate the rest lower on the need-to-play scale.

yeah, can't wait for divinity original sin 3, oh, wait....I mean Bardurs Fate 3...no, jeeez I mean Baldur's of course, Balrur's Gate 3...sorry...

that reminds me, no idea why, a story about this little boy who had problems with "rr". So, he was trying so hard to learn how to pronounce "r" corecvtly. And he was like "rhhh". hhrrhrhhrr", "rrrhhhhh" and finally he had enough and he goes: FUCK THIS! I want some mirk!! I just wanna drink some mirk! Bring me a glass of mirk right now you fucking sons o bitches!!!

On 4/5/2020 at 4:09 PM, CoM_Solaufein said:

Now if they had Bioware when they still had some of the original developers there, it would have been interesting.

BioWare of 10 years ago at the latest, maybe.  After that, they really started going downhill, imo.  The only other developer I might've trusted with this was Obsidian, but who knows how Microsoft would've influenced that development.

I have reservations about this one, such as Larian's writing style, as others have brought up.  I also wasn't particularly enamored with how they heavily borrowed gameplay elements from their D:OS series for that gameplay showcase.  At the very least, I hope they tone that down some for the final product, so that BG3 can be it's own game to some degree. 

The Larian people do have a lot of passion, though, and I did really enjoy the D:OS games for what they are, so I hope that their overall passion and experience carry over to their next game.