Jump to content

Wheels of Prophecy updated to 8.3


Recommended Posts

Can you explain what are the different things between WoP and Ascension?

Because... when I wanted to play just with a redeemed balthazar (and some things more) I would just go for Wheels of prophecy and skip ascension because I didn't want the new fights. 

So...

1) am I wrong by saying that using all the component but "rewritten final chapter" in ascension is equivalent to installing Wheels of Prophecy?

2) Also, in Ascension you made possible to have balthazar even if you're evil. Is this possibility also available in Wheels of Prophecy, or is it only in Ascension?

Edited by Arthas
Link to post

Hello everyone, I have recently updated Stratagems (33.4 to 33.7) and Ascension (2.0.13 to 2.0.14) and make a new config but since then I can't install wheels of prophecy due to an error loading with readme.txt on tp2.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.79bd7c0b90e2fb358343ff7f4c3709da.png

I took a look on tp2 file and I've seen " REQUIRE_PREDICATE GAME_IS "tob bgt bg2ee eet" @2 ". I'm on normal GOG version but on a previous config it worked. Are the updates of SCS and Ascension responsible for that ? Is 8.3 WOP only available for EE? At your disposal. Thank you in advance.

EDIT : I saw a post from Alien in Ascension 2.0.14 topic  mentionning that WOP is not yet adapted to EE (not my concern) and new Ascension. I'll do without WOP then...

 

Edited by Valandil
Link to post

I get an error message while trying to install v8.3 on BGT.

"ERROR: error loading [wheels.tp2/lib/resource/weidu_external_readme.txt]"

This breaks the installation.

Apparently, the issue is here [from install_sfo.tpa]:

   ACTION_IF !VARIABLE_IS_SET mod_root BEGIN
      OUTER_SPRINT mod_root "%TP2_BASE_NAME%"
      ACTION_TO_LOWER mod_root
   END

I am not sure whether I am doing it right but swapping %TP2_BASE_NAME% with %MOD_FOLDER% fixes it.

I'd be curious why nobody else has ever reported this issue with version 8.3 before though?

 

Edited by Salk
Link to post
2 hours ago, Salk said:

I get an error message while trying to install v8.3 on BGT.

"ERROR: error loading [wheels.tp2/lib/resource/weidu_external_readme.txt]"

This breaks the installation.

Apparently, the issue is here [from install_sfo.tpa]:


   ACTION_IF !VARIABLE_IS_SET mod_root BEGIN
      OUTER_SPRINT mod_root "%TP2_BASE_NAME%"
      ACTION_TO_LOWER mod_root
   END

I am not sure whether I am doing it right but swapping %TP2_BASE_NAME% with %MOD_FOLDER% fixes it.

I'd be curious why nobody else has ever reported this issue with version 8.3 before though?

 

That error appears to be triggered only if you use WeiDU v247 to install the mod. Try installing the mod with WeiDU v246 (the version included in the mod archive).

Link to post

Thanks for the suggestion, argent77.

Are there issues with the latest version of WeiDU? I have some mod that comes with v247 and it does auto-update the mods I installed after it. I noticed that it also hangs the auto-updates too from v246 to v247. I have to close the window and restart the .exe (and then it works normally).

Edited by Salk
Link to post
3 hours ago, argent77 said:

That error appears to be triggered only if you use WeiDU v247 to install the mod. Try installing the mod with WeiDU v246 (the version included in the mod archive).

Yes, version 247 of WeiDU causes problems with older versions of SFO, the function library developed by David (and used by, I think, only David and me).  SCS has been updated, but Wheels hasn't been yet.

Link to post
7 minutes ago, Salk said:

Thanks for the suggestion, argent77.

Are there issues with the latest version of WeiDU? I have some mod that comes with v247 and it does auto-update the mods I installed after it. I noticed that it also hangs the auto-update from v246 to v247.

WeiDU v247 has several compatibility issues. Afaik, only a small number of mods is affected by it. However, replacing all WeiDU installers by earlier versions doesn't work either because some mods make use of features introduced by the latest WeiDU version.

Link to post

@Salk I can't say why there are issues, but Generalized Biffing and also Aran Whitehand need to be installed with WeiDU v246. For GB it is really important. (Aran W. gives an instant install error, so there it is easy to see.)

Link to post
On 4/18/2021 at 2:58 PM, argent77 said:

WeiDU v247 has several compatibility issues. Afaik, only a small number of mods is affected by it. However, replacing all WeiDU installers by earlier versions doesn't work either because some mods make use of features introduced by the latest WeiDU version.

 

On 12/3/2020 at 7:10 PM, DavidW said:

I never make release-date promises, sorry. Don't hold your breath, though. It requires substantial effort and has got buried under other things.

After discussion with @CamDawg on the G3 Discord, I have agreed to at least try to cobble up a maintenance release for Wheels to fix the WeiDU 247 issue while @DavidW is busy.  Since I have had to do this for my own mods that also use SFO, I at least have some experience here.

I'm not sure how successful I will be, but so far I have at least I have been able to get it to install without warnings or errors on BG2EE by transplanting the latest versions of SFO and SSL from Stratagems and making a few choice edits here and there.  Bear with me here, I have never worked on Wheels before.

Making this announcement could according to Cam "summon David in a cloud of sulfur before you even hit submit", judging by his experiences with the v31 maintenance release of Stratagems.  So David, if you read this and feel I shouldn't be meddling here, I am really very sorry.  Just let me know and will back off immediately.

The things I do for my love of the Forgotten Realms and this 20-year old game.  Onward! ...to futility...

Link to post
Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...