Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
DavidW

SCS updated to 32.2

Recommended Posts

SCS v32.2 is now out, fixing the critical bug with non-EE versions of Detectable Spells as well as a bunch of other bugs. Full changelog:

Fixed some typos in the Italian translation
Preprogrammed teleport sequences (e.g. Davaeorn's) should no longer crash the game if triggered after the caster's death
'Alignment-appropriate fiend summoning' subcomponent is now compatible with Tome and Blood
SCS code to give IDS entries for SR spells is a bit more robust against a third mod messing with spell.ids
Fixed a serious problem with DS that was causing crashes on non-EE installs
Wand18 no longer has 2 projectiles
Wild mage Chaos Shield didn't work properly due to a bug in Detectable Spells
Auto-leveller gives wild mages their innately-granted spells
We now edit Greywolf's script more surgically, so that it works properly on EE
Insect Plague tweaks are now working correctly
Bodhi in Ascension uses her Fire Shield (on Insane) and her other powers
Abazigal in Ascension doesn't come forward before his cutscene triggers
Fixed a vanilla bug in Fire Shield where some versions of Fire Shield were coded as zero-level and so bypassed certain immunities

Share this post


Link to post

Hello David,

I think there's a typo at stratagems/lib/spell_rev_ids.tpa, line 84.

"CLERIC_STALEKR" should be "CLERIC_STALKER"?

 

Best regards.

Share this post


Link to post

Dragons don't seem to get the HP boost on insane. (I waited a minute to let the effect kick in since in a previous thread someone said there might be a delay).

Tested by summoning a planetar who whacks the dragon and after a min or two I added the dragon to party (tried Firkraag, shadow dragon, Adalon, Saladrex)

WeiDU.log

Edited by Lilaina

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Lilaina said:

Dragons don't seem to get the HP boost on insane. (I waited a minute to let the effect kick in since in a previous thread someone said there might be a delay).

Tested by summoning a planetar who whacks the dragon and after a min or two I added the dragon to party (tried Firkraag, shadow dragon, Adalon, Saladrex)

WeiDU.log

Can reproduce. There is a tag to turn off hitpoint boosts for Ascension Abazigal, but it's being overenthusiastic and turning off hitpoint boosts for all dragons if Ascension is installed. If you want to hotfix, replace 'IsAscension' with 'NoHitPointBoost' both in stratagems/dragon/ssl/dragonsetup.ssl and stratagems/ascension/abazigal_dragon.tpa.

3 hours ago, Lilaina said:

Customize NPC Class/Kit ability isn't working for me either. Not sure which version broke it but it did work earlier.

Can't reproduce, or not straightforwardly (gated in Minsc14 to a new ToB install, he behaves correctly). Can you give me an exact case to try to reproduce?

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, DavidW said:

Can't reproduce, or not straightforwardly (gated in Minsc14 to a new ToB install, he behaves correctly). Can you give me an exact case to try to reproduce?

I just start a new SoA game. Imoen, Jaheira, Minsc and copper coronet followers all start at lvl 0, ready to be leveled up, and with the ability to change class/kit. Using it, the NPC will do the animation with its hands but no dialogue window with the choices comes up. If I level them up 1st, the ability disappears which it is supposed to I recall. Tried both with AI on and off.

Game version BG2EE, latest patch with latest Ascension and SCS. (This is probably not related, but my weidu log says ascension version is 2.0.3 despite it being 2.0.4. I know its the latest version cuz the old bugs are fixed).

WeiDU.log

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Lilaina said:

Game version BG2EE, latest patch with latest Ascension and SCS. (This is probably not related, but my weidu log says ascension version is 2.0.3 despite it being 2.0.4. I know its the latest version cuz the old bugs are fixed).

A small omission, fixed with Ascension 2.0.5

Edited by AL|EN

Share this post


Link to post
Guest guest

this does NOT work. Install fails because it tries to write to "wizard_acid_cloud_scroll" which doesn't exist in the game.

Share this post


Link to post

'this does NOT work' is insufficiently precise to be much use debugging. It does work in the sense that I did a full install test before releasing it, and it does install. So either there is an incompatibility with some other mod, or you've installed some partial subset of SCS components and there's a dependency I'm missing. (There are about a million trillion trillion different install permutations, so obviously I don't test all of them.) Either way, I need to see your WEIDU.log (copy-paste it or post it as a zip file) before I can help. (And I'd like to help, if only because I've seen that error message before so whatever install you're trying probably isn't that uncommon.)

Share this post


Link to post

OK, considering this further: I suspect that you have installed another mod which (i) introduces the wizard spell 'Acid Storm', but (ii) fails to provide a scroll of that spell. The most likely culprit is Faiths and Powers. SCS sees that Acid Storm is installed, so doesn't install its own version; but it then assumes a scroll exists, and chokes when that scroll is missing.

I should probably make sure that the IWD-spells component checks for, and if necessary installs, scrolls for all wizard spells even if the spell is present. In the interim, you can work around this by making sure the IWD spells are present before installing Faiths and Powers (or whatever the IWD-spells mod is). Do this by installing the first two components of SCS (the IWD spells components) before installing Faiths and Powers.

Share this post


Link to post
Guest guest

ignore the above comment. mod incompatibilities. sorry.

Share this post


Link to post
Guest guest

Also, no idea what mod it was. just did a super basic fresh install and removed a large number of mods from the install list. Sorry for spam/frequent posting and sorry for even initiating this.

Thanks for the info on what more than likely caused the issue and I apologize that I am unable to further clarify why this issue was presented.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, DavidW said:

OK, considering this further: I suspect that you have installed another mod which (i) introduces the wizard spell 'Acid Storm', but (ii) fails to provide a scroll of that spell. The most likely culprit is Faiths and Powers. SCS sees that Acid Storm is installed, so doesn't install its own version; but it then assumes a scroll exists, and chokes when that scroll is missing.

I should probably make sure that the IWD-spells component checks for, and if necessary installs, scrolls for all wizard spells even if the spell is present. In the interim, you can work around this by making sure the IWD spells are present before installing Faiths and Powers (or whatever the IWD-spells mod is). Do this by installing the first two components of SCS (the IWD spells components) before installing Faiths and Powers.

How does SCS look for whether Acid Storm?  I do see some code that could add the spell, and without a scroll... but I don't see anywhere in the mod where that code is invoked. 

I'm adding some sanity checks, in any event.

26 minutes ago, Guest guest said:

Also, no idea what mod it was. just did a super basic fresh install and removed a large number of mods from the install list. Sorry for spam/frequent posting and sorry for even initiating this.

Thanks for the info on what more than likely caused the issue and I apologize that I am unable to further clarify why this issue was presented.

Why can't you further clarify?  How did you set up your "super basic fresh install?"  Did you use a mod installation tool?  If so, which one?

Also, ... ah, forget it.

Edited by subtledoctor

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×