SCS updated to 32.2

Guest guest
15 minutes ago, subtledoctor said:

Why can't you further clarify?  How did you set up your "super basic fresh install?"  Did you use a mod installation tool?  If so, which one?

I used project infinity. Avoided most NPC mods, avoided anything that affected magic whatsoever.

Installed with Ascension, cdtweaks, atweaks and EET (though SCS has to be installed AFTER the EET_end component) as well as EET_Tweaks, Portraits, and quest packs/story additions.

Possible culprits: MSFM (More Styles for Mages), Deities Of Faerun, Shadow Magic, Tome And Blood.

Guest guest
35 minutes ago, Guest guest said:

I used project infinity. Avoided most NPC mods, avoided anything that affected magic whatsoever.

Installed with Ascension, cdtweaks, atweaks and EET (though SCS has to be installed AFTER the EET_end component) as well as EET_Tweaks, Portraits, and quest packs/story additions.

Possible culprits: MSFM (More Styles for Mages), Deities Of Faerun, Shadow Magic, Tome And Blood.

Additional info: Avoided all kit mods.

The main reason I didn't want to clarify was that I didn't keep note of exactly what mods I installed this time around (4th attempt today) after failing 3 previous times with SCS being the only portion that had any errors or hangups.

It's quite possible that my list of culprits does not in fact include the mod that was actually causing the issues and so I didn't want to send anyone on a wild goose chase, searching through coding where it isn't necessary.

Next time, I will be sure to keep note of every bit of valuable information in order for it to be provided for debugging.

Once again I apologize for not being of much help and jumping the gun. I'd delete my original post if it was possible.

3 hours ago, subtledoctor said:

How does SCS look for whether Acid Storm?  I do see some code that could add the spell, and without a scroll... but I don't see anywhere in the mod where that code is invoked. 

I check for whether WIZARD_ACID_STORM is in spell.ids.

If you think Faiths and Powers doesn't add Acid Storm, I'd be interested in your thoughts as to what mod might - I just saw the add-IWD-wizard-spells library in the mod and assumed if it was there it was probably invoked.

2 hours ago, Guest guest said:

Additional info: Avoided all kit mods.

The main reason I didn't want to clarify was that I didn't keep note of exactly what mods I installed this time around (4th attempt today) after failing 3 previous times with SCS being the only portion that had any errors or hangups.

It's quite possible that my list of culprits does not in fact include the mod that was actually causing the issues and so I didn't want to send anyone on a wild goose chase, searching through coding where it isn't necessary.

Next time, I will be sure to keep note of every bit of valuable information in order for it to be provided for debugging.

Once again I apologize for not being of much help and jumping the gun. I'd delete my original post if it was possible.

Don't apologise. Even that 'acid storm' note is useful information.

I think it's probably Deities of Faerun.

I hadn't anticipated that anyone would add a wizard spell without the attached scroll, but I guess cleric kits using wizard spells as domain powers makes sense as a context (though sorcerers presumably also get them, so it's still a little odd). Anyway, I'll look at how to allow for it; in the meantime, the workaround is to install SCS's IWD-spells components before Deities of Faerun.

Guest guest
39 minutes ago, DavidW said:

I think it's probably Deities of Faerun.

I hadn't anticipated that anyone would add a wizard spell without the attached scroll, but I guess cleric kits using wizard spells as domain powers makes sense as a context (though sorcerers presumably also get them, so it's still a little odd). Anyway, I'll look at how to allow for it; in the meantime, the workaround is to install SCS's IWD-spells components before Deities of Faerun.

Knowing this, I'll be redoing the bg2 portion of my modding in the next few days with my full mod list, will implement the workaround -installing the IWD-spells component before any mods that might be adding spells- and come back with the results.

Thank you for your replies and helping me troubleshoot. Stratagems was a must have on my mod list and knowing that I can more than likely implement it with everything else I wanted just makes it all the more better.

If there is any other info I can provide I'd be happy to do so.

Found a bug in the code that installs the Nabassu's paralyzation aura, the 60 second immunity is not granted properly, making the aura quite overpowered.

Issue is here:

LPF ADD_SPELL_EFFECT INT_VAR opcode=206 target=2 parameter1="-1" duration=60 resist_dispel=1 STR_VAR resource="%DEST_RES%" END
LPF ADD_SPELL_EFFECT INT_VAR opcode=206 target=2 parameter1="-1" duration=6 resist_dispel=0 STR_VAR resource="%DEST_RES%" END  // this second one is so that creatures with MR check only 1/rd

Problem is that there is a quirk in WeiDU, if you copy to "override" without specifying an explicit file, %DEST_RES% is set to "override", not to the target file.  Thus the immunities are not properly set.  I'd suggest using %SOURCE_RES% instead.

Thanks!

That's code copied direct from (and tested in) Ascension v2.0, in which context it had to be DEST_RES. I hadn't noticed the change and didn't know about the quirk. Fixed locally. (I've stuck with DEST_RES, because it's helpful to keep the SCS and Ascension code identical, but called out the destination explicitly.)

Yeah, it's a quirk I've run afoul of myself several times, so I recognized it instantly.  I didn't check all code, it may be in more places.  Maybe I should see if Wisp can fix it as it is not very intuitive behavior.