Dynaheir Mod

Well if someone wanted to make a mod for her, they would of course explain how she survives. Someone did it with Xzar after he was killed by the harper spy. I've played all I am going to play of BG1. If I knew how to mod i'd make her one. Unfortunately I didn't stick with computer science or coding when I was in college. What I can do on the pc I taught myself. I see Ajantis was made into a BG2 mod and hes dead to. Tiax dies in spellhold yet I think someone is making that a mod. So why not Dynaheir?

It would be possible, you never actually see her in BGII. Even the (in the original game not used but restored by EET) cutscene in SoD doesn't feature any deaths of party NPCs.

I don't know of any mod featuring Dynaheir in BGII or anyone working on one though.

10 hours ago, Vlan said:

I think the latest version of the "BG1 NPCs for SoA" mod adds her to BG2.

Yes, if you take a gander, I linked to it in the above post.

11 hours ago, jastey said:

It would be possible, you never actually see her in BGII. Even the (in the original game not used but restored by EET) cutscene in SoD doesn't feature any deaths of party NPCs.

Well, her corpse is in the teleportation room you teleport into near the start of SoA, as it's identified by Minsc in a cutscene. It's the same room you find Khalids body too, if memory serves. Been a long time.

PS: Psionica... the corpse thing was a kinda joke for me... this is a fantasy world where people can be resurrected from nothing... there's no serious judgement. Although, I'll say this... the only free beings in that world is Demons.

6 minutes ago, Jarno Mikkola said:

Well, her corpse is in the teleportation room you teleport into near the start of SoA, as it's identified by Minsc in a cutscene. It's the same room you find Khalids body too, if memory serves. Been a long time.

Not sure what you are referring to. Minsc tells about Dynaheir's death before and upon joining. I never experienced a cutscene where he finds Dynaheir's body in ID.

To everyone their own, but I think any Dynaheir mod for BG2 would be conceptually incompatible with the tragic arc of the Dynaheir Romance. Also, there's already too few "acknowledged" NPC deaths in the Trilogy, due to the whole exaggerated resurrection business, so I kind of appreciate Dynaheir, Khalid and Yoshimo adding this touch of loss to the second game.

Far more than an extension into BG2, I'd rather see a mod that corrected or simply cut all the SoD Dynaheir content.

I get that Beamdog saw a very different character than the NPC Project did, and all writing is taste based, but jeeeeez do I despise the tone and writing shift from BG1 NPC Project Dy to SoD Dy.

And really, it's no fault of Beamdog, more a testament to how very well done the BG1 ended up being.... and perhaps suggestive of my love for Dune xD

Edited by Janissary
Clarification . . and rant