SCS updated to 32.3

I've just released v32.3. Incremental changelog:

• Protective-item detection now fixed
  • Improved Dragon hit points now work correctly when Ascension is installed
  • Fixed the 'customise NPC level/class' ability, which 32.2 broke.
  • Corrected typo in spell-revisions IDS file.
  • Druids no longer get Armor of Faith if Spell Revisions is installed.
  • NPC-detection code now allows correctly for NPCs in SoD.
  • 'Fear' in Durlag's tower is no longer indestructible in certain (mostly EET) situations.
  • Journal and chapter updates are now handled slightly more elegantly by 'Make WK accessible' component
  • Under the hood change: we now do script edits using the newer alter_script library rather than the lib_bcs library in sfo. Inter alia, this handles spaces in scripts properly, which was causing install failures in some (rare) circumstances.
  • Although his Balor flunkies still chafe under Irenicus's yoke, they no longer attempt to rebel by attacking him or his other servants in Hell. (Actually, this was a wider bug that might have affected other Balors too.
  • Nabassu paralysation aura now requires only one saving throw, as intended

i've seen that disabling the spell system changes can provoke "odd things" because the A.i will think everything is enabled. But those "odd things" won't mess with the A.I badly or handicap it, right? I'm purist player, i'm only insterested in the A.I components and a couple of tweaks. By the way, thanks a lot for the incredible work!

Edited by Diogo Bruno
Broken English, sorry.

Well, they’ll confuse the AI a bit, because spells won’t do quite what it expects they’ll do. I doubt anything will crash or break, but if you turn off all the spell changes, I expect that cumulatively you’ll see a fair bit of intelligence degradation. The most significant thing is certainly the changes to allow Breach to be blocked by Spell Turning etc, without which mages become radically easier. After that, probably the increase in Mantle’s strength, and the removal of the control battle with Elementals (quite a few Conjurers will behave stupidly without that). Most of the rest should be relatively minor - but no promises.

Is SCS v32 incompatible with 32-bit CPU/x86 ? I don't have it right now, at work :D, but I had a warning message which explained me that way. Same with Wheels of Prophecy. BTW it appears that I cannot install Ascension too.

I have two laptops and I have no problem with the new one but I prefer play with the old one.

59 minutes ago, Valandil said:

Is SCS v32 incompatible with 32-bit CPU/x86 ? I don't have it right now, at work :D, but I had a warning message which explained me that way. Same with Wheels of Prophecy. BTW it appears that I cannot install Ascension too.

I have two laptops and I have no problem with the new one but I prefer play with the old one.

I solved this by installing PERL 32bit and changing the "setup-stratagems" for a "Weidu 32bit .exe". Install the PERL, go to the SCS .ini and set the "use_perl_natively=0" to "use_perl_natively=1" . Here goes a way that worked for me:

1 - Install Perl 32 bits and then restart your computer (don't know if i can post links here, but i recommend the Padre Perl)

2 - Go to the stratagems.ini and change the line "use_perl_natively=0" to "use_perl_natively=1"

3 - Download the most recent version of the Weidu and get the 86x .exe

4 - Rename the 32bit Weidu  with "setup-stratagems.exe" and put it where the 64bit .exe was before you delete it

5- Install it and have fun! :D

I hope it works for you, my dude!

Wheels and Ascension aren’t really incompatible, they’re just being distributed with 64-bit Weidu. Swapping to a copy of the 32-bit version will fix it.

SCS really is incompatible, partly because of occasional out-of-memory errors that seem to happen with the 32-bit version but mostly because I can’t readily generate a 32-but version of SSL. (But see the above post for a workaround.)

All right thanks for your return, I'll look into it.

EDIT : worked with Ascension but not with Wheels even though I have a weidu 32 bit exe, checked twice.

Spoiler

Capture.JPG

Edited by Valandil

So far (BGEE without SoD )

1. Wild mages lack their characteristic spells (e.g., Nahal Reckless Dweomer) if 'Improved NPC management' is installed. Moreover, their character portrait is greyed out (as if they were dead) upon joining the party if they have very low hit points (e.g., 1 HP => this one may be related to the hit die of the character class being less than 10...)
  2. Some 2DA files related to Monster Summoning spells contain references to non existing resources.
  3. Summoned creatures should be equipped with non-breakable weapons (where appropriate) => this applies only to BG1 of course... Moreover, make sure all Lizard Men are equipped with a weapon whose 'equipped appearance' is either 'QS' or 'CB' or 'HB'.
  4. You forgot to fix BDSUM00.bcs via adding 'See(LastSeenBy(Myself))' to the two attacking blocks.
  5. Osmadi and Seniyad (and possibly other druids) are equipped with a non existing weapon (i.e., DW#SHNBR.itm). If it may help, I did not install the 'Rebalance Shapeshifting' component.
  6. The Boneguard summoned by the 9th level spell 'Create Boneguard' is using an unknown animation (offset 0x28)
  7. Technical question now. I noticed that enemy sequencers (e.g., DW#MS1.spl) are restored after 1440 real time seconds. Is there a particular reason for that?
Edited by Luke
23 hours ago, Valandil said:

All right thanks for your return, I'll look into it.

EDIT : worked with Ascension but not with Wheels even though I have a weidu 32 bit exe, checked twice.

Reveal hidden contents

Capture.JPG

My mistake: wheels uses SSL, I’d forgotten. OK, it’s genuinely incompatible (doesn’t currently have a use-Perl-natively switch).

2 hours ago, Luke said:

So far (BGEE without SoD )

1) wild mages lack their characteristic spells (e.g., Nahal Reckless Dweomer) if 'Improved NPC management' is installed. Moreover, their character portrait is greyed out (as if they were dead) upon joining the party if they have very low hit points (e.g., 1 HP => this one may be related to the hit die of the character class being less than 10...)

2) Some 2DA files related to Monster Summoning spells contain references to non existing resources.

3) Summoned creatures should be equipped with non-breakable weapons (where appropriate) => this applies only to BG1 of course... Moreover, make sure all Lizard Men are equipped with a weapon whose 'equipped appearance' is either 'QS' or 'CB' or 'HB'.

4) You forgot to fix BDSUM00.bcs via adding 'See(LastSeenBy(Myself))' to the two attacking blocks.

5) Osmadi and Seniyad (and possibly other druids) are equipped with a non existing weapon (i.e., DW#SHNBR.itm). If it may help, I did not install the 'Rebalance Shapeshifting' component.

6) The Boneguard summoned by the 9th level spell 'Create Boneguard' is using an unknown animation (offset 0x28)

7) Technical question now. I noticed that enemy sequencers (e.g., DW#MS1.spl) are restored after 1440 real time seconds. Is there a particular reason for that?

1)4) are you on 32.3?

2) be more specific

3) noted

5) is this having in-game effects?

6) can you reproduce on BG2? (It’s a 9th level spell, I don’t really care if it works on Bg1)

7) rest-and-recover, though I don’t recall why it’s exactly that length of time

I was testing the cowled wizards and I noticed that when replacing Zallanora's script (MAGE18Z), you entirely removed her script that makes her time stop and teleport away if she's under 15 hp

Is it intended?

17 hours ago, DavidW said:

6) can you reproduce on BG2? (It’s a 9th level spell, I don’t really care if it works on Bg1)

Yes, it's using an unknown animation even on BG2EE (creature file: MS7BGRD)

Edited by Luke

BDSUM00.bcs is fixed on v32.3 but only for BG2EE...

Moreover, why do some summoned creatures (e.g., OGRELESU) use some other script (e.g., DW#SUMME) than BDSUM00 when summoned by the player? Just to allow for toggling AI on/off via hotkeys? I mean, it's worse than BDSUM00 combat-wise....

Edited by Luke
17 hours ago, DavidW said:

7) rest-and-recover, though I don’t recall why it’s exactly that length of time

But the script action Rest() is supposed to restore everything (including innate abilities) => Am I missing something?

Edited by Luke
On 6/25/2019 at 5:24 PM, DavidW said:

5) is this having in-game effects?

Dunno, I didn't test it... In any case, they're scripted to use it (via the script action SelectWeaponAbility()), so this may crash the game....

2) Some 2DA files related to Monster Summoning spells contain references to non existing resources.

This is related to the new humanoid creatures (e.g., DW#MS4YU, DW#MS6GT and the like) you introduced for level 6,7,8 and 9 Monster Summoning spells => Anyway, this may be intended since you cannot cast level 6, 7, 8, and 9 spells in BG1 due to the experience cap. Can you confirm?

Moreover, some of them (e.g., DW#MS4YU, MS7BGRD) are coded as FIGHTER with no apparent reason => To tell the truth, it may be reasonable but then consider the idea of giving them some pips (for instance, since the Yuan-ti is equipped with a long sword: 

SET_BG2_PROFICIENCY	~PROFICIENCYLONGSWORD~	3
SET_BG2_PROFICIENCY	~PROFICIENCYSINGLEWEAPON~	2

or something like that....). As a side note, DW#MS1HA (from MSUMMO1.2da) is coded as THIEF and its melee weapon is not suitable for backstab/sneak attack...

You may wanna give BERSERKER_RAGE to OGREGRSU for consistency purposes (otherwise DW#MSOGR.bcs is useless...)

Edited by Luke