SCS updated to 32.3

• CLERIC_MASS_CAUSE_LIGHT_WOUNDS is using an unknown secondary projectile (offset 0x214 of SPARRENP.pro)
  • IDPRO282.pro is displaying the wrong string at 0x030 (namely: Change difficulty to IMPROVED: Vampires show more care in choosing their targets, actively seeking vulnerable targets; they use their dominating gaze on opponents.) => The correct string should be Releases Acidic Vapor. Anyway, you may wanna unset BIT20 (located at offset 0x2c of the .PRO file) since the SPL (namely INNATE_BOMBARDIER_BEETLE_CLOUD) makes use of opcode #139 (string: Releases Acidic Vapor)...
  • INNATE_SPIDER_WEB: opcodes #109 and #157 have a 'duration' of 21, whereas opcode #142 has a 'duration' of 7 (please set the 'icon' parameter to 129 – Webbed) => which is the correct value? 21 or 7? (IMHO, a duration of 12 would be perfect...) Also, you may wanna set BIT25 (Castable when silenced) to 1 (never mind, spiders are scripted to use it if they're not DISABLED...). Moreover, a saving throw vs. Breath (instead of vs. Spell) would probably be more appropriate....
Edited by Luke
On 6/25/2019 at 5:24 PM, DavidW said:

3) Summoned creatures should be equipped with non-breakable weapons (where appropriate)

At least on EEs, you could use DAGG01Q, HALB01Q, BLUN06Q and the like (note the "Q" in the resource name) => they're basically the non-breakable version of the ordinary dagger, halberd, morning star and the like (a.k.a. "quality" weapons).

[BG1EE, SCS v32.3] Improved NPC management and customization:

• the EE joinable NPC Dorn joins the party with 1 use of "Absorb Health" (along with the special ability to change his original class/kit). As a result, if you keep his original class/kit when leveling him from level 0 to level 1, he'll end up with 2 uses of this spell-like ability (whereas it should be one use per day) => I managed to fix this issue via kicking him from the party and then recruiting him again before hitting the 'level up' button...
  • When an NPC joins the party, he/she has 0 (zero) XP points. Is it intended?
Edited by Luke

Couple of things I noticed in my setup:

- Some IWD spells do not show up in BG2.  No scrolls are available for Emotion: Hope, Summon Monster IV and Anti-Magic Shell, and Jaheira is missing Static Charge and Wall of Moonlight from her list.  I suspect this is from interference from A7 Tales of the Luremaster mod.

- Mordenkainen's Force Missiles uses the wrong projectile at higher levels.  May also be from conflict with A7 TotLM.

- Despite what documentation says, Hell Irenicus will timestop/melee at Tactical difficulty.  Setting globals to prevent this has no effect.

- Despite having set the separate HLA difficulty to insane, no mage in SoA, not even Irenicus, uses HLAs.

Edited by Angel

If you have A7-TotLM installed before SCS, SCS will defer to it on any IWD spells that it installed. So these are problems to bring up with that mod (if you can reproduce them on clean SCS, let me know).

I’ll have a look at the other things when I have a chance.

At Abazigal's Lair, game gets stuck in cutscene mode after the two black dragons are defeated.  Tried several times, never works.

EDIT: Poked at it a bit more, problem seems a reference to non-existing creature "dwcutctr".

Edited by Angel
17 hours ago, jeruzugg said:

At Durlag Tower - Fear Warden cannot be killed - stays at almost dead even if insane spike dmg is applied.  Since only mod AFAIK that directly impacts Durlag Tower I have installed is SCS I am asking here.  Thanks in advance

Actually, wait a minute: this is on 32.3? Please confirm: this should have been fixed on 32.3.

On 6/25/2019 at 8:39 AM, Daxtreme said:

I was testing the cowled wizards and I noticed that when replacing Zallanora's script (MAGE18Z), you entirely removed her script that makes her time stop and teleport away if she's under 15 hp

Is it intended?

(Sorry for belated reply.)

Yes, it's intended... well, kind of. I was treating the teleport block just as part of Zallanora's generic combat scripting, especially given there's no guarantee it would actually fire. I guess it's harmless enough to restore it, though (well, without the instacast Timestop/Gate, which is just cheating). Will do so if I get the chance.

15 hours ago, DavidW said:

Actually, wait a minute: this is on 32.3? Please confirm: this should have been fixed on 32.3.

I checked and it seems I do indeed have 32.2 installed.  I installed recently so I thought I had most recent version but I do not. Sorry for that.

Thanks for answer either way. If I ever do a run on 32.3 then I will update.

Edited by jeruzugg

Wild mages lack their characteristic spells (e.g., Nahal Reckless Dweomer) if 'Improved NPC management' is installed. Moreover, their character portrait is greyed out (as if they were dead) upon joining the party if they have very low hit points (e.g., 1 HP => this one may be related to the hit die of the character class being less than 10...)

Hey David,

wanted to report I have the same bug. When Neera joins the party her spellbook is completely empty and missing the needed wild mage trademark spells. Her HP also falls upon the initial leveling so if she isn't fully healed before then her portrait gets greyed out.

Using SCS 32.3, fresh Steam downloaded game with no other mods that should collision with this (just NPC project, UB, RE).