SCS updated to 32.3

@jeruzugggreat, that's a relief!

@Aegor: The spells I can reproduce (though I also find that if I save and reload, she has them).

Can you give me an *exact* description of how to reproduce the greyed-out-portrait effect? I have tried and can't get it.

14 hours ago, DavidW said:

@jeruzugggreat, that's a relief!

@Aegor: The spells I can reproduce (though I also find that if I save and reload, she has them).

Can you give me an *exact* description of how to reproduce the greyed-out-portrait effect? I have tried and can't get it.

Hmm, haven't tried saving and reloading after levelling and checking her spellbook, gonna give it a try when I get home and report back.

The greyed-out-effect: she takes damage during the introduction fight, asks to join the party, I accept and her HP is 1/10, at level 0. Now if I level her up like this her max HP falls to 4 HP and then appears greyed out. However if I heal her to full health then it's ok.

In the Twisted Rune encounter, I think you tried to fix their AI of doing nothing when they don't see the player with this:

DW#RUHLP.bcs

IF
	!Dead("hlshang")  // Shangalar
	Global("ShangalarMove","AR1008",1)
	!Detect(NearestEnemyOf(Myself))
	!Detect(Player1)
	!Detect(Player2)
	!Detect(Player3)
	!Detect(Player4)
	!Detect(Player5)
	!Detect(Player6)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		MoveToObject(Player1)
END

But "ShangalarMove" global is equal to 2 after he moves, not 1. It's only equal to 1 for like... a split second

(here's why if you're wondering)

Spoiler

IF
	Global("ShangalarMove","AR1008",1)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		SetGlobal("ShangalarMove","AR1008",2)
		CreateVisualEffect("SPROTECT",[825.664])
		CreateVisualEffect("SPROTECT",[1123.640])
		CreateVisualEffect("SPROTECT",[1038.452])
		CreateVisualEffect("SPROTECT",[784.558])
		Wait(1)
		CreateVisualEffect("SPDISPMA",[825.664])
		CreateVisualEffect("SPDISPMA",[1123.640])
		CreateVisualEffect("SPDISPMA",[1038.452])
		CreateVisualEffect("SPDISPMA",[784.558])
		SmallWait(7)
		CreateCreature("HLREVAN",[825.664],NE)  // Revanek
		CreateCreature("HLSHYR",[1123.640],NW)  // Shyressa
		CreateCreature("HLLAYEN",[1038.452],SW)  // Layene
		CreateCreature("HLVAXAL",[784.558],E)  // Vaxall
END

Fixing this is very easy: Just change the line to

Global("ShangalarMove","AR1008",2)

And then all the Twisted Rune members won't just forget about the PC when they're out of line of sight :)

Edited by Daxtreme
On 7/8/2019 at 9:41 PM, DavidW said:

(Sorry for belated reply.)

Yes, it's intended... well, kind of. I was treating the teleport block just as part of Zallanora's generic combat scripting, especially given there's no guarantee it would actually fire. I guess it's harmless enough to restore it, though (well, without the instacast Timestop/Gate, which is just cheating). Will do so if I get the chance.

On second thought please leave it as it is - removed!

I'm making a mod and since it will install before yours, it would be best that way (and nobody else cares anyway :P)

Going through Luke's reports:

Can reproduce; fixed.
- BDSUM00 needs vanilla bug fixing on BGEE
- Boneguard animation is askew
- IDPRO282 has the wrong string
- innate spider web has some oddities on BG (caused because we convert a BG2 resource that's fixed on BG2 but not on BG)
- Dorn gets duplicate innate abilities
- level 6-9 summoned monsters missing on BGEE installs
- summoned ogre berserkers need Enrage
- summoned creatures' weapons should be unbreakable
- wild mages lack their characteristic spells (e.g., Nahal Reckless Dweomer) if 'Improved NPC management' is installed. [actually, I can't fix this: it fixes itself on save and reload, and I add an in-game note to tell the player this.]
- DW#MS1HA (from MSUMMO1.2da) is coded as THIEF (corollary of minor vanilla bug)
- druids try to use swift shapeshift even when SCS shapeshift component is missing (this is sort-of-intentional but wrongly implemented)
- summoned lizard men lack weapons

Not a bug/no action.
- summoned monsters lack BG2 proficiencies. (They can do fine with BG1 ones)
- CLERIC_MASS_CAUSE_LIGHT_WOUNDS is using an unknown secondary projectile - offset 0x214 of SPARRENP.pro. (It's unknown in the original IWDEE projectile too, but as far as I can tell it's working normally even so, so I assume it's either harmless or hardcoded.)

Can't reproduce.
- wild mage portrait greyed out if they join with very low hit points (tested with Neera, can't reproduce it)
- When an NPC joins the party, he/she has 0 (zero) XP points (on my install, their XP is normal once they've finished levelling)

On 6/27/2019 at 10:40 AM, Luke said:

At least on EEs, you could use DAGG01Q, HALB01Q, BLUN06Q and the like (note the "Q" in the resource name) => they're basically the non-breakable version of the ordinary dagger, halberd, morning star and the like (a.k.a. "quality" weapons).

Sorry, forgot to mention these resources exist only on BGEE (not on BG2EE – so if you decide to use them, you'll need to distinguish between the two games)

Spoiler

ACTION_IF	GAME_IS	~BGEE~	BEGIN
	OUTER_TEXT_SPRINT	unbreakable_battle_axe	"AX1H01Q"
END	ELSE BEGIN
	OUTER_TEXT_SPRINT	unbreakable_battle_axe	"AX1H01"
END

Edited by Luke
38 minutes ago, DavidW said:

– summoned monsters lack BG2 proficiencies. (They can do fine with BG1 ones)

Are you referring to offsets 0x6e – 0x75 of the CRE file? If so, then you're right, they're functional, but you may wanna redistribute them => for instance, DW#MS4YU (Yuan-ti) has 3 points in the Spiked proficiency (offset 0x73) but its equipped weapon (SW1H04 – Long Sword) makes use of the Large Sword proficiency (offset 0x6e)....

38 minutes ago, DavidW said:

– summoned lizard men lack weapons

This is particularly true for Lizard Men summoned by WIZARD_SHADOW_MONSTERS, WIZARD_DEMI_SHADOW_MONSTERS and WIZARD_SHADES...

Edited by Luke
7 hours ago, DavidW said:

Not a bug/no action.
- CLERIC_MASS_CAUSE_LIGHT_WOUNDS is using an unknown secondary projectile - offset 0x214 of SPARRENP.pro. (It's unknown in the original IWDEE projectile too, but as far as I can tell it's working normally even so, so I assume it's either harmless or hardcoded.)

projectiles 195 - 201 are hardcoded and cannot be overridden in PROJECT.IDS or VEFPROJ.IDS. They are listed in MISSILE.IDS for reference though - they generate the explosion animation (SHAREA.BAM) for the Sparkle Area projectiles, one for each spell school:

default(gold)/necromancy, blue/alteration, gold/enchantment, green/abjuration, magenta/illusion, purple/conjuration, red/invocation, stone/divination

(necromancy should be "ice", but for whatever reason it's palette (SHAREA7.BMP) is unused)