Some strange problem with the quest:III. Babysitting in Nashkel, including Carnival Encounter

Guest piepoljack

Guest piepoljack

Well i just started a new game with this mods and everything seems fine and the first two quest of beregost were reallys enjoyable for the my first time with this mod.

then when i starsted heading at nashkell i spoted a little girl reapeating some lines of dialogue with the topics of a mother and her children, i was thinking that it was here that i could starsted the quest of Babysitting in nashkel but when i looked at it i seen many lines of dialogues in disorder liked some kinds of bugs,there were even some lines of dialogues of the mother .

i tried to install again the mods (version 18 and then 19) but the problem seems to stay.

so i wanted to ask: they are people with the same problem than me ?

my actual version of baldur's gate 1 is 2.5 and im french so actually i see this problem in french dialogue and even in english.

Good day everybody .

@pierpoljack The quest Babysitting in Nashkel does not add a character to the South Beregost Road area, and it only uses custom cres. If there is a mixup of dialogue I am not sure how it happened in your game.

Since you are on BG:EE you can look at the girl's stats via cheat console. Assuming you have the cheats enabled, put the cursor on the girl, then press ctrl+m. Post her script name and dialogue file name here. Please also press "x" and put the area code and coordinates here, just in case.

9 hours ago, Guest piepoljack said:

@jastey i just log in and seen your message and i wanted to give you some insight:

first when i meet the girls on the south road of beregost she had invalid and some numbers on hers when i meet her for the first,now she has the dialogue of the men selling the potion for the slime quest and of my protagonist actually and it's seems that my problem is changing everytime i reinstall the game or my mods.

i have actually three other mods with my current game of baldur's gate with your's mods, they're is the BG1 UNFINISHED BUSINESS mods,the Ascalon Questpack and the mods PPE Portraits-Portraits-Everywhere (i don't think this mods create problem but i say it to you in case).

And i would like to post her script name and dialogue file name but i don't know actually.

have a nice days.

That ogre in the cave is part of AC quests, as is the girl.  I've had these same mods installed on BGEE without any issue.  Are you 100% sure you started a new game after installing, as in rolled up a new character and started in Candlekeep?  Because this behavior is typical of trying to continue from an old save after changing mods.  Another possibility is that your dialog.tlk got corrupted.

Edited by Angel

ok thanks for the repply @Angel maybe something is not right with my installation.

and yes @jastey maybe i should make a new fresh game add the mods i want and start a new game.

and i should just say good boy at Ac quest because maybe it's just the mod himself that cannot works with the others mods .

thanks again.