Imoen 4 Ever Bugthread

The Imoen in Spellhold should just "DestroySelf()", i.e. disappear. The Imoen in the group gets moved there instead - which should be of no consequence if the group is already in the area. So much for what is in the mod. I have no idea what would move the Imoen from the group to an unreachable place, but I'd asume it's not I4E as it works with two different Scriptnames for the two different Imoens so it can address them explicitely.

I don't know what happened in your game to the Imoen in your party (other than the abduction in Brynnlaw did not trigger obviously) so I have no idea how to fix it.

While browsing BD1000.BCS in NI, I discovered an invalid dialogue file name.

Code Block:

Spoiler
IF
	Global("C#IM_ImoenRejoinsbd1000","GLOBAL",4)
	!Dead("IMOEN2")  // Imoen
	!InPartyAllowDead("IMOEN2")  // Imoen
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		SetGlobal("C#IM_ImoenRejoinsbd1000","GLOBAL",5)
		MoveGlobal("bd1000","IMOEN2",[470.3737])  // Imoen
		ActionOverride("IMOEN2",Face(N))
		ReallyForceSpellDeadRES("bdrejuve","IMOEN2")  // No such index
		ChangeEnemyAlly("IMOEN2",NEUTRAL)  // Imoen
		ChangeSpecifics("IMOEN2",ALLIES)  // Imoen
		ActionOverride("IMOEN2",SetGlobal("bd_joined","locals",0))
		ActionOverride("IMOEN2",SetGlobal("bd_retreat","locals",0))
		ActionOverride("IMOEN2",SaveObjectLocation("LOCALS","bd_default_loc",Myself))
		ActionOverride("IMOEN2",ChangeAIScript("BDIMOENS",OVERRIDE))
		ActionOverride("IMOEN2",ChangeAIScript("bdasc3",CLASS))
		ActionOverride("IMOEN2",ChangeAIScript("BDSHOUT",RACE))
		ActionOverride("IMOEN2",ChangeAIScript("",GENERAL))
		ActionOverride("IMOEN2",ChangeAIScript("",DEFAULT))
		ActionOverride("IMOEN2",SetDialog("BDIMOENP"))         <================bad file name
		Continue()
END

Edited by Lauriel

Current bug - from Github:

Spoiler
/* join-up after leaving the group */
IF WEIGHT #-1
~!AreaCheck("bd6200")
!InParty(Myself)
Global("bd_joined","locals",0)
GlobalGT("bd_plot","GLOBAL",54)~ THEN join_again  <=====NEED TO PUT AN UPPER LIMIT ON THIS LIKE 590 or something
  SAY #%63958% /* ~Heya, how are things going?~ */
  ++ #%16414% /* ~Sorry to have kept you waiting. Let's get going.~ */ + kickout_4
  ++ #%16413% /* ~Sorry, kiddo, but I don't need your company just yet.~ */ + kickout_3
END

Because there's no upper limit on bd_plot when Imoen begins a dialogue when not in the group, she will muck up the ending of SoD ... when the PC meets her after leaving the sewer

1 hour ago, jastey said:

Did you experience this ingame? Because there is a !AreaCheck("bd6200") in there to prevent that.

Yeah, in a custom area...but I don't think I'll be doing it that way in the future.  So it's probably ok, and if it's not I'll just add the bd_plot check myself if it's required. S'ok.

On 10/8/2021 at 10:10 PM, Lauriel said:

Current bug - from Github:

Reveal hidden contents

I love this mod so far!  What a great idea!

However, I have an ongoing issue where the initial dialog after Imoen reappears keeps starting over.  It started after I think somewhere during Brynlaw, but I am not sure.  And frankly I'm not sure it is this mod because it is happening with the Amber mod I have istalled, and the Nalia story line after her father's wake.  I don't know where to start digging on this one, and I'd sure like to not have to start over on this play through.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!  This is v2.6.6.0 (Steam). 

Hi Jastey,

I've encounters install errors twice now with the I4E component that adds banter to early SoA. This time I managed to copy the error text in weidu. I also attached the debug log.

Spoiler

//ERROR locating resource for 'CHAIN3'
//Resource [BDSAFANB.DLG] not found in KEY file:
//    [./chitin.key]
//ERROR: preprocessing APPEND_EARLY [tb#_compile_eval_buffer/imoen_forever/sod_rejoin/dialogues/sod_banter.d]: Failure("resource [BDSAFANB.DLG] not found for 'CHAIN3'")
//Stopping installation because of error.
//ERROR Installing [Imoen 4 Ever in SoD: Give Imoen Dialogue Content in Chapters 8-12], rolling back to previous state
//Will uninstall  36 files for [imoen_forever\imoen_forever.tp2] component 14.
//Uninstalled     36 files for [imoen_forever\imoen_forever.tp2] component 14.
//ERROR: Failure("resource [BDSAFANB.DLG] not found for 'CHAIN3'")
//Please make a backup of the file: Setup-imoen_forever.debug and look for support at: Please post at G3 or Kerzenburgforum, refer to readme.
//Automatically Skipping [Imoen 4 Ever in SoD: Give Imoen Dialogue Content in Chapters 8-12] because of error.
//Using Language [English]
//[.\lang\en_us\dialog.tlk] created, 404812 string entries
//NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Imoen 4 Ever in SoD: Give Imoen Dialogue Content in Chapters 8-12

Setup-imoen_forever - Copy.debug

The error message means that it tries to patch the listed dlg but can't find it. Which is weird, because I4E should have created it, based on EET's bdbanter.2da. In my unmodded EET install, bdbanter.2da lists for Safana the banter dlg "BDSAFANB" which is what I4E tries to patch the banter to.

So, it seems that a mod installed prior to I4E changed the bdbanter.2da to contain a different banter dlg for Safana. (Because on my EET, I don't get an install error for it.)

1. what does your bdbanter.2da look like when you try to install I4E?

2. which mods changed it until then?

21 hours ago, jastey said:

The error message means that it tries to patch the listed dlg but can't find it. Which is weird, because I4E should have created it, based on EET's bdbanter.2da. In my unmodded EET install, bdbanter.2da lists for Safana the banter dlg "BDSAFANB" which is what I4E tries to patch the banter to.

So, it seems that a mod installed prior to I4E changed the bdbanter.2da to contain a different banter dlg for Safana. (Because on my EET, I don't get an install error for it.)

1. what does your bdbanter.2da look like when you try to install I4E?

2. which mods changed it until then?

My bdbanter.2da lists "bsafan" for Safana.
All others have the BD prefix, except for: Minsc, Khalid, Jahiera, Edwin, Viconia, Neera, Dorn, and Safana.

How I determine which mods changed it?

Well, removing SoD Banter Restoration allowed I4E to fully install without error, so I guess that's the culprit. I was using v0.4 of SoD Banter Restoration. It looks like this was an older version from SHS. There are other, more recent versions that I'm guessing don't have the issue I ran into.

Edited by Lightbringer