Glam's NPC Pack: Overview and FAQ

nowxojcuv4zu.jpg

Overview

Glam's NPC Pack adds five playable NPCs to Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, Tutu and Trilogy. From left to right, they are:

DAVE: Human Priest of Talos. Chaotic Evil.
FLARA: Human Dragon Disciple. (Vanilla Sorcerer in Tutu/BGT.) Chaotic Neutral.
LITTLUN PLUNKETT: Halfling Archer. Neutral Good.
MOIDRE: Dwarven Defender. (Vanilla Fighter in Tutu/BGT.) Lawful Neutral.
VYND: Drow Assassin. Neutral Evil.

See their full profiles in the readme!

Note that while all NPCs except Littlun are not supposed to care about reputation, this feature is not supported in BGEE. Maybe the 2.6 patch will fix this! Maybe the 2.6 patch will come out someday! The world is full of mysteries.

FAQ

Where are they again?

DAVE: Beregost, near the obelisk
FLARA: Nashkel, Belching Dragon Inn
LITTLUN: Bear River (Area N of Gnoll Stronghold), southwest corner
MOIDRE: Beregost, Red Sheaf Inn
VYND: Beregost, Burning Wizard Inn

Do I have to use all of them together?

No! Each character can be recruited independently, and will banter with the other mod NPCs and the original Bioware cast.

Is there player-initiated dialogue?

Yes, but not all options are available immediately. More dialogue will unlock as their friendship talks and quests progress. If they have nothing to say, check back later.

Will kicking them out break the friendship?

No. All NPCs can be removed from the party at any time and told to wait where they are or at an inn.

Will they leave if I take too long about their quests?

Littlun will want to do something immediately after being recruited, which she will make clear. Otherwise, no.

I can't take Moidre's helmet off!

I know.

I just want Vynd, and I already have the standalone mod. Do I need to download this one instead now?

No. Other than his interactions with the new characters, Vynd hasn't changed. You aren't missing anything.

Edited by Glam Vrock
Guest Lolth98860

Bonjour, 

Je tiens à vous féliciter pour ce mod qui relance mon intérêt pour BG, sachant que je suis sous BGT avec une méga installation. J'ai intégré Flara, Vynd et Moidre dans mon groupe et je trouve les personnages plutôt bien construits.

Flara est vraiment la meilleure idée je trouve ; ce personnage mériterait d'être creusé afin de pouvoir poursuivre son aventure dans baldur's gate 2 (lien de filiation avec Firkraag ?) ; avoir un dragon mauvais dans son équiipe serait un atout...ou un handicap sévère pour le groupe. Une quète fantastique pour retrouver sa forme draconique ?

Bref j'ai pas mal d'idées, si vous souhaitez en discuter (dsl plutôt en français mais aussi en anglais possible).

Flara a vraiment un énorme potentiel dans ce jeu.

Lolth

Great mod. Best NPC mod in my opinion. For example Littlun voiceover is so good I'm stunned, better than so many professional actors.

in sod they are kinda buggy, but who cares about sod? and yeah I think that Dave can actually romance Moidre.

When I try to install the NPC pack in the Baldur's Gate EE folder (which I did after DLC Merge), the NPC exe doesn't recognize that it's in an EE folder's application:

[C:\Baldur's Gate Series\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition\setup-GlamNPCPack.exe] WeiDU version 24600
Using Language [English]

Using .\lang\de_de\dialog.tlk and .\lang\de_de\dialogf.tlk

Install Component [Glam's NPC Pack for BG:EE, BGT and BG TUTU]?
nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit? I

Installing [Glam's NPC Pack for BG:EE, BGT and BG TUTU]
FAILURE:
Please install on BG:EE, Tutu, BGT or EET.
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Glam's NPC Pack for BG:EE, BGT and BG TUTU], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall   0 files for [GLAMNPCPACK/SETUP-GLAMNPCPACK.TP2] component 0.
Uninstalled      0 files for [GLAMNPCPACK/SETUP-GLAMNPCPACK.TP2] component 0.
ERROR: Failure("Please install on BG:EE, Tutu, BGT or EET.")
Please make a backup of the file: SETUP-GLAMNPCPACK.DEBUG and look for support at: Glam Vrock
Using Language [English]

Install Component [Glam's NPC Pack for BG:EE, BGT and BG TUTU]?
nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit?