Can I run EET Tweaks mid playthrough to alter values?

Ojack

2 hours ago, Jarno Mikkola said:

Yes, -IF it's the last component in your install.

Open the weidu.log -file to find out, you do this with Notepad for example.

Thanks, and if not then I would have to do a fresh install. 

How do I manually change xp values, I've read about that. 

@Ojack I'm not taking any responsibility here but you should be able to use EETtweaks to change xp cap values and quest / killing mob xp in your current install just fine*. (Without having to un- and re-install all the mods you used after EETtweaks. Of couse you can also just let WeiDU un/re-install, would just take some time..)

On 7/8/2019 at 6:16 AM, Ojack said:

Thanks, and if not then I would have to do a fresh install. 

If you already used EETtweaks in your installation you'll have to delete your WeiDU log from your game files or delete the lines referring to EETtweaks from the WeiDU log*. This will effectively make WeiDU 'forget' it already installed those mods and it won't try to uninstall/reinstall anything and just use the mod again. Since changing xp is effectively just a loop overriding those values there should be no harm in using it again. Be warned though that doing this will screw up your installation in the sense that you'll no longer be able to properly re/un-install any previous mods since WeiDU has no idea what's going on anymore. (If the alternative is a new install anyway though, there is no harm for you in doing it this way.)

*Try removing the WeiDU log first and see if it works, if EETtweaks has some check for EET installation that relies on the WeiDU log you'll have to put it back and remove the EETtweak lines from the file instead.

Edited by Ulb

you can re-install just fine

Although consider making backup of the whole installation just in case weidu decides to screw up.

*Try removing the WeiDU log first and see if it works, if EETtweaks has some check for EET installation that relies on the WeiDU log you'll have to put it back and remove the EETtweak lines from the file instead.

don't do it, if you want the CRE XP component to calculate correct values (it has to restore original resources first during un/re-installation). Overall I wouldn't recommend ever manually tricking weidu to do something, at least no without backups.