SCS updated to 32.4 (edit: now 32.5)

20 hours ago, Ulb said:

@DavidW

I just had another CTD when entering the NE Baldur's Gate district, adding a copy of DW#RND100 as DW#RND10 to my game fixed that issue as well.

So either there is an issue with the current SCS version (a typo, 10 instead of 100?) or something messed up SCS in my installation and warrants further investigation.

You know, it just dawned on me that DW#RND100 is 9 characters long. 

At least in the old engine the maximum characters for items was 8 (spells would start acting weird post 7 characters if I remember correctly) so unless the EE engine did away with that limitation or random treasure items are a special case, I think this is the cause of the problem (the last zero of the resource being ignored by the engine, thus turning it into a 10).

Just strange that I seem to be the only one having issues with that?

22 hours ago, Ulb said:

I'm really no expert on this but from my understanding scrolls should be fine since those are distributed by SCS, so it's just cerlics and sorcerers.

I think removing those spells from hidespl.2da would make them reappear, though I do not know how exactly the engine adds spells to clerics, so no idea if it works for characters that already have those spell levels assigned to them. As for the safty part, just make a backup copy of hidespl.2da and try it, if anything bad happens just put the backup back in and you're good.

Again, I want to stress that I'm really no expert on this and I take no blame for burning computers or AI's becoming selfaware through muliple copys of Curse in Jaheira's spell book...

So I've done more testing and I'm pretty sure that scrolls of spells hidden by TotLM are not able to be bought from stores. I looked in my SCS only install and found several scrolls at the adventure mart and sorcerers sundries that weren't there in the TotLM install.

So in my orignal install, I won't be able to buy these scrolls, at least from those stores. However, that is what EEkeeper is for. I added those spells to my character manually, and if I happen to find them out in the world then all the better. I also have something installed that let's my character create scrolls from learned spells. This can be used to teach my mage companions.

Another question (maybe bug): When having a spell shield and a globe of invulnerability, shouldn´t the spell shield be protected against spell thrust by the GOI? I just tried it and the spell shield gets consumed by a spell thrust. If this is intended, GOI is a very bad choice over minor globe.

5 hours ago, Christian said:

Another question (maybe bug): When having a spell shield and a globe of invulnerability, shouldn´t the spell shield be protected against spell thrust by the GOI? I just tried it and the spell shield gets consumed by a spell thrust. If this is intended, GOI is a very bad choice over minor globe.

Yeah, Spell Shield protects your other "spell-protections" and takes the first hit even when those protections are not in danger of being dispelled.

If you have active GoI + bunch of low-level spell protections (Minor Spell Deflection, Minor Spell Turning, Spell Immunities) - Spell Thrust can't do anything to you anyway ("Spell ineffective"), although without GoI all that will be removed by one Spell Thrust. And if you add a Spell Shield to that mix - now it will activate and get wasted on a Spell Thrust for no reason.

Edited by Kromgart

But then again I would rather use spell shield and minor globe. There are like 3 spells that may be worth it for to cast a GOI over a minor GOI. And those are either not that harmful or are used rather rarely by enemies. Teleport Field, Icestorm and Greater Malison. And on the last one I am not sure, if GOI actually protects against it. So using a lv6 slot instead of a lv4 slot for that seems like a horrible waste. 

I am just irritated because GOI did protect your spell shield against spell thrust in earlier versions. I have been watching mivsans SCS-Ascension playthrough on youtube and on several occasions his (and the enemies) spell shield was not affected by spell thrust because of a GOI.

Edited by Christian

Following up on a few of these:

Spell scrolls: if SCS sees that a spell is already installed by another mod, it assumes that mod has already dealt with putting the spell scroll into stores, and so it doesn't do it itself. If some mod isn't doing that, work around it by installing the SCS IWD-spells component (or IWDification) before that mod.

Ulb's DW#RND100 CTD: it's (iirc)not a typo, it's an automatically-generated set of files that isn't supposed to go past DW#RND99. What's your weidu.log?

Spell shield/globe of invulnerability: Pretty sure I haven't touched anything here; if it's changed, it's a change in the baseline game. (Can you reproduce the result on unmodded BG2EE?) In any case, I don't have any problem with how it's working. (SCS uses all of Teleport Field, Ice Storm and Greater Malison; it also uses the IWD fourth-level spells Vitriolic Sphere and Mordenkainen's Force Missiles, and the Emotion spells. So there's plenty that GoI protects from that MGoI doesn't- and of course the spell is also used by enemies.)

Clean BG2EE + Component #4240 // Treat mages' and priests' High-Level Abilities as innate abilities

Readme says for that component:  Note that clones (Projected Images and Simulacra) of the spellcaster do not get High-level abilities.

1) Both Projected Images and Simulacrum can cast HLA as any other spell. Tested on 3 million XP sorcerer (Summon Planetar) and cleric/mage (Summon Deva) .

2) Simulacrum (at 60% from those 3 million XP) can still cast HLA.

Clean BG2EE

Spoiler

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4240 // Treat mages' and priests' High-Level Abilities as innate abilities rather than memorisable spells (each may be taken only once): v32.4

I have noticeed couple of bugs in "NPC customisation and management" component for EE.

1) Script breaks after changing any character into Sorcerer. Character gets enough xp for one level up but no more. When I added xp for farther leveling with EE Keeper character spellbook bugged out - script was adding 3-4 spells known for every spell level on top of those you can choose.

2) Experience calculation is linked to level in original class and breaks when class changed to the one with slower level progression. For example, when I recruit Yoshimo with main char at 1kk exp and change his class to Fighter, scripts first calculates how many lvls it should give as Thief (lvl 14 at 880k exp) and proceed to give him exp until he is Fighter 14  (1.5kk exp).

3) Similar to 2, class change from single to multi gives NPC x2 or even x3 exp of main char. Characters that start as multi (Aerie) is not affected but when I changed Vikonia to Cleric/Mage she ended up with twice exp between both classes.

4) Dual also get to much exp since they are auto-leveled to pre-calculated value.

For some reason, trying to install SR and SCS together in the EET tool gives me 2 conflicts. Previously, you could use the native IWD spells from SCS to install IWD spells but now it is giving me an error for divine spells from IWD.

Secondly, Spell Revisions is said to conflict with SCS's smarter mages. Given that smarter mages is a big part of the SCS install, I was hoping someone could shed light on why they are suddenly conflicting.