SCS updated to 32.4 (edit: now 32.5)

Version 32.4 is now out. Incremental changelog:

• The cutscene with the black dragons in Abazigal's lair no longer hangs
  • Summoned boneguards get the right size animation
  • Summoned ogre berserkers get Enrage
  • Fixed a vanilla bug in the EE summoned-monster script that makes it stutter when foes go invisible (this was fixed in BG2EE on 32.3 but not on BGEE)
  • Bombardier beetle stun/deafness now grants a saving throw (see full readme for details)
  • Bombardier beetle stun no longer displays duplicate or inappropriate strings
  • Fixed some oddities in spiderwebs on BGEE/Tutu
  • Dorn no longer gets duplicate abilities in 'Improved NPC customisation/management'
  • Some summoned monsters were missing on BGEE versions of IWD spells
  • IWD-spell-summoned creatures' weapons are now unbreakable
  • Added an in-game note to tell the player they need to save and reload to get Wild Mage spells after using 'NPC customisation and management'
  • Druid swift-shapeshift is now controlled from the ini, rather than checking if the player is using swift-shapeshift (this was supposed to be present in v32.0 but was broken)
  • Lizard man shades now have weapons
  • Cause Light Wounds no longer does duplicate damage
  • Storm Shell doesn't stack with itself
  • Cure Serious Wounds and Cure Critical Wounds now have their alignment restrictions removed properly

Additional changelog for 32.5

• Corrected a bug that in rare circumstances blocked "smarter mages" from installing
  • Updated Italian translation (thanks, Improb@bile)

The component "Skip the Candlekeep tutorial sections", option 1, also removes Jondalar along with the robed tutors. Not that it makes a huge difference, but this strikes me as being over-zealous. By the way, this was by no means introduced in 32.4, it already existed in 32.3 and most likely even earlier (this is a guess not the result of actual experience).

Guest Ludwig

Jondalar is also a tutorial npc, and he talks about using Space Bar, red circles and left clicking etc. It makes 0 sense to me to leave him there while removing all the other tutorial npcs. So, I would say it's working as expected, at least based on my opinion.

3 hours ago, n-ghost said:

There was also some inconsistency involved between him and all sorts of item revisions, as in they tend to replace dummy arrows of his buddy with something lethal.

Erik(.cre) uses AROW13, which are, as you said, dummy arrows. Still do zero damage with IR installed (including Weapon Changes). However, if you have Weapon Changes installed, then a Long Bow will give a damage bonus of 1. How much damage is he doing with those arrows?

Edited by Bartimaeus
9 hours ago, Guest Ludwig said:

Jondalar is also a tutorial npc, and he talks about using Space Bar, red circles and left clicking etc. It makes 0 sense to me to leave him there while removing all the other tutorial npcs. So, I would say it's working as expected, at least based on my opinion.

Hmm, that was not my memory of Jondalar, so fair enough. If I am not misremembering though, and unlike the other robed tutors, he does give some xp with the little mock up fight  -- for whatever that matters.

Edited by grodrigues
29 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

Erik(.cre) uses AROW13, which are, as you said, dummy arrows. Still do zero damage with IR installed (including Weapon Changes). However, if you have Weapon Changes installed, then a Long Bow will give a damage bonus of 1. How much damage is he doing with those arrows?

I'm honestly not quite sure, it's been like 3 years since I saw that NPC last time, but I distinctly remember that on Insanity (with double damage turned on) one arrow was enough to kill a lvl 1 d4 character.

this is an example of a paraphrase of the jondalar dialogue without 4th wall breakage, while preserving some of the tutorial function.

"Hey there... /no changes/"

"Now, hold your staff, and try hitting me. If you know any offensive spells, you may also use those. I took some special precautions in order to give you a taste of real combat, so be sure to put in your best effort, and don't worry about injuring me... but remember: in any real situation, when you just want to knock someone out, you should put your weapon down and rely on your fists instead."

"During our fight I’m going to spring a little surprise on you. Are you ready now? Good!"

I have got a question about 

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4250 // Make spell sequencers and contingencies into innate abilities: v32.4

The readme says that it removes the assorted scrolls from the game. But I just found a spell trigger scroll in one of the small graves in the cemetery district (BG2EE). So i guess random loot can still yield the scrolls?

2 hours ago, bob_veng said:

this is an example of a paraphrase of the jondalar dialogue without 4th wall breakage, while preserving some of the tutorial function.

"Hey there... /no changes/"

"Now, hold your staff, and try hitting me. If you know any offensive spells, you may also use those. I took some special precautions in order to give you a taste of real combat, so be sure to put in your best effort, and don't worry about injuring me... but remember: in any real situation, when you just want to knock someone out, you should put your weapon down and rely on your fists instead."

"During our fight I’m going to spring a little surprise on you. Are you ready now? Good!"

This would be really cool, actually. I also completely forgot that he uses 4th wall breaking text, but his presence somehow belongs into Candlekeep imho.

Unfortunately, there are still some issues with summoned monsters.

• Why do some summoned creatures (e.g., OGRELESU, HOBGOBSU) use some other script (e.g., DW#SUMME) instead of BDSUM00 when summoned by the player (i.e., [GOODCUTOFF])? Just to allow for toggling AI on/off via hotkeys? I mean, it's worse than BDSUM00 combat-wise...
  • Lizard man shades now have weapons => You placed #S1-12.itm in SLOT_HELMET (should be SLOT_WEAPON)
  • You attached opcode #326 (param#2 = 0, resource = ~RNDTRE03~) to some summoned creatures (e.g., GNOLLSU, HOBGOBSU). I don't think this is intended...
Edited by Luke