[v7.7] Item Editor always opens in read only mode?

Guest Speeray

Guest Speeray

Hey I'm trying to use DLTCEP for the first time. I want to make the crossbow Firetooth one-handed. So I try to go to Edit -> Items -> Load Item -> XBOW15. I update the 2handed property (and I've read I may need to update the animation as well, which I can figure out once I can save the override ITM file, but...) then when I try to Save Item As or Save Item I always get a popup message that says "You opened it read only!". Any advice on how I'm supposed to do this? (Also, I've tried the Export options from File, but those don't seem to export as an ITM file that I can put in my override folder so I'm not quite sure how they're supposed to work). Any help would be much appreciated! My elven fighter/thief will be greatly appreciative.

First things first, is this a BG1EE+SoD, or some other thing. Cause the SoD requires the modmerge to be installed ontop of the game before you can do a thing.

Next, start the program and go to Settings -> turn off the "Read Only" tag/check mark !

Edited by Jarno Mikkola
Guest Speeray

That worked perfectly!! thank you!! all I had to do was update that setting, edit xbow15 to have unchecked two handed attribute, saved it to the override folder and voila!! so pleased :):)