Bug - No Traps or Locks

Guest Ludwig

Guest Ludwig

Just wanted to report that on Siege of Dragonspear, using latest version of BGEE 2.5, and latest version of CDTweaks, there is a game breaking bug on Chapter 12, Avernus.

The hellevator there can not be interacted with if you have No Traps of Locks component installed. I had to uninstall that to be able to activate the lift. Otherwise, there is no way to progress.

I can attach my weidu log if needed, though I don't see the point because I already figured out the breaking component. 

Changing the global variables to:

BD_HELLEVATOR: 3

BD_PLOT: 555

doesn't help either, I still can't activate the lift if that component is installed.

Cheers

Guest Ludwig

Sorry, but the component's name actually is 'No Traps or Locks'. I wrote it incorrectly in the original post, and now can't edit it as a guest.

I also noticed that this component also allows you to bash locks that should not be allowed to be opened without a key, due to game plot. I can give a few examples from Throne of Bhaal as those are the most recent in my memory. The entrance to Balthazar's palace should not be lockpicked without the key you acquire. In Sendai's Enclave, you shouldn't be allowed to enter the south or north tunnels without first entering the barracks and acquiring the key, otherwise the sequence of cinematics are shown incorrectly.There are many other examples to this case.

But I understand it's a bit of a work to actually change all these one by one, so I'm not expecting that to be done. I'm just giving these as information. A person who is using this component probably should know the game good enough to understand where you should and should not force bash doors. 

However, the issue in the original post is unavoidable, and there is no way to progress without actually uninstalling that component. So it would be awesome if that was fixed, because this component is a must have for my solo runs now.

Another things that would be great is to have 'No Traps' and 'No Locks' as 2 separate components. I have no idea about the feasibility of this though, like if it would be easy or not. It's just an idea if it's easy to separate.

Thanks