Jarno's Insane Ramblings

On 8/10/2019 at 4:12 PM, DrAzTiK said:

I always standardise undead resistances in my game. ( 100 % resistance to cold/ electricity), 50% resistance to slashing/piercing, 90% resitance missile + 10% magic resistance per level

So you set them in the ring99.itm ? And re-neutralize the .cre's resistances. That can be a mod component... but it can't be a set standard for a "fix". As it's not.

Meaning that it would then be an undead creature feature.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola
2 hours ago, Jarno Mikkola said:

So you set them in the ring99.itm ? And re-neutralize the .cre's resistances. That can be a mod component... but it can't be a set standard for a "fix". As it's not.

No I patch every creatures in a old school way.. 

How can I miss such entertaining thread?

There was always something fishy about these skeletons, something was like not right, even off....strange....all these years....no resistances....Bioware, oh Bioware, wherever art thou, you lazy bastards?

5 hours ago, InKal said:

How can I miss such entertaining thread?

There was always something fishy about these skeletons, something was like not right, even off....strange....all these years....no resistances....Bioware, oh Bioware, wherever art thou, you lazy bastards?

Nah, at character level 1, I wounder how you spect your own opposition with a 390% damage resistances out of what, 800% ? Answer, you probably don't. It's not lazyness, it's trying to ease the player into the game... to give a little easier opponents at low levels. Or then, you must have put say 6th level assassins to the Candlekeep too(talking about Shank and Carbos), after all those would be the primary anthagonist the player ran into there.

PS, and when you look at Skeletons, most of you haven't realized that the Skeleton Warriors don't have the reputed 390% damage resistances either, it totals up to 250%, and is far more fairly equally distributed(missile for example is only 60%) ... in BG2, so why would the lower level ones have those ?

Edited by Jarno Mikkola
52 minutes ago, Jarno Mikkola said:

Really, you sure that's not a typo ? Cause you might need to add in the "-weidu" into that.

I am safely assuming that BGT-nonweidu is extinct nowadays, and "BGT" stands for the weidu variant.

You'd need either a very good memory after being around back in the days or archaeological equipment to dig out the nonweidu BGT in 2020.

2 hours ago, jastey said:

I am safely assuming that BGT-nonweidu is extinct nowadays, and "BGT" stands for the weidu variant.

You'd need either a very good memory after being around back in the days or archaeological equipment to dig out the nonweidu BGT in 2020.

Really ? Then why don't I carry out a link for you. Here. 😛

By the way, you are welcome to change the mods name, if you want to. And get it through the admins in SHSForums.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

Oh wow, somehow I missed* the entire first page of this thread. FWIW the lack of ring99 is a slam-dunk bug as, among other things, it provides standard undead immunities--e.g. you shouldn't be able to poison or panic skeletons. It's only a marginally weaker case for the physical resistances but FWIW I'm confident it would have gone into the BG2 Fixpack without discussion.

More importantly: welcome back @cmorgan! Hope everythign is well, and that you can at least socialize for a bit. :)

* As in, I didn't see it, not there was any actual value to it.