ITM File Format Discrepancies

I was looking through the ITM file format descriptions between the different versions, and found a few discrepancies.  I can make some PRs for some edits, but wanted to get some feedback first.  In addition to some capitalization, spelling, and minor jargon differences, these jumped out at me:

I.              ITM V1

A.              Extended Header

1.                0x0020            2 (word)          Offset to feature blocks

a)                This seems to be an index into the feature blocks, not an offset.

II.           ITM V1.1

A.              General Description

1.                Header: Size=114 Bytes

a)                This is confusing considering the Header structure indicates a size of 154 (0x9A) bytes.  I have not checked an ITM V1.1 file to verify this value.  Can the graphic be updated to reflect a proper ITM V1.1 file?

B.              Feature Block

1.                0x0020            2 (word)          Dice Sides

0x0024            4 (dword)        Saving throw type

a)                Dice Sides should either be a “4 (dword)”, there is a missing field in here, or the offsets are incorrect.  I suspect the first option is the correct one, but have not checked an ITM V1.1 file to verify.

C.              Header Item Type

1.                Code    Item type>

a)                Extraneous “>” in HTML code.

III.        ITM V2.0

A.              General Description

1.                Header: Size=114 Bytes

a)                This is confusing considering the Header structure indicates a size of 130 (0x82) bytes.  I have not checked an ITM V2.0 file to verify this value.  Can the graphic be updated to reflect a proper ITM V2.0 file?

B.              Extended Header

1.                0x0018            2 (word)          Dice thrown

0x0019            1 (byte)            Secondary type

a)                Dice thrown should either be “1 (byte)”, or the offsets are incorrect.  I suspect the first option is the correct one, but have not checked an ITM V2.0 file to verify.

C.              Feature Block

1.                0x0020            2 (word)          Dice Sides

0x0024            4 (dword)        Saving throw type

a)                Dice Sides should either be a “4 (dword)”, there is a missing field in here, or the offsets are incorrect. I suspect the first option is the correct one, but have not checked an ITM V2.0file to verify.

D.              Header Item Type

1.                Code    Item type>

a)                Extraneous “>” in HTML code.

Edit:  This forum software sucks at formatting anything more exciting than plain text...

Edited by Sam.
2 hours ago, Sam. said:

Edit:  This forum software sucks at formatting anything more exciting than plain text...

You can take a picture out of your preferred view/software with the snipping tool and upload it to somewhere and show that. It can't technically be quoted... but one can copy paste and edit pictures with MS pain ... t. :devlook:

ITM v2 & v1.1:

- it's clear the graphic and subtitle are the same for all three versions

- ext: no idea what all the extra upper bytes are doing there, all the dice stuff is stored in words

- feature: yes, a dword

ITM v1.0: agreed.

PRs are welcome. :)

Edited by lynx
On 8/14/2019 at 6:15 AM, lynx said:

- ext: no idea what all the extra upper bytes are doing there, all the dice stuff is stored in words

- feature: yes, a dword

I apologize, but I don't quite understand/follow what you are saying.  Would you mind elaborating?