Unauthorized Mod Mirrors

Drakensang

6 hours ago, Almateria said:

https://www.wipo.int/treaties/en/ip/berne/

Have you considered thinking for a second before you speak

Sure... sounds. Too bad we live in the digital age, with concepts such as "modifications to original copyrighted products", are things that have no legal stand at any court, inter&extra-nationally.

To show the legitimacy of my claim, I'll just present myself as the evidence... cause I am pretty sure I stole everyone of my mod concepts from other people, used their code at them and so on. And I am pretty sure, you did it too.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

@Arthas This discussion is not about the legal aspect of copyright. I'm a bit disappointed that you think it's "no point" because modders cannot force copyright onto their mods/in all countries. I am sure you understand that there is more to it, like showing respect for the creation of others, etcpp?

Considering the amount of help you received in the past from patient modder folks, it saddens me to see you giving modder requests to respect their wishes the midle finger for no obvious reason.

On 8/30/2019 at 11:48 AM, Arthas said:

I'm not giving you the middle finger. To be honest, I respect your wishes and I would not spread your stuff around given your personal opinion. What I'm saying is that you can't think that copyright is a good enough reason for people to listen to you - it's one thing that is rarely enforced amongst many countries. It's sheer respect that makes people stand up to your desires. In my case you amongst many others earned it - e.g Subtledoctor, you, Camdawg, Almateria, Lava, K4thos and many others too  - but there are others I frankly don't give a fuck about (they do either about me, so ...)

:c

Please do not consider me a person standing above others in the respect giveaway, I could never write and over time I forgot how to code, now I just earn my living working at a mouse farm.

On 8/30/2019 at 2:46 PM, Guest Arthas said:

Ardanis genie

Same person.

On 8/30/2019 at 12:38 PM, jastey said:

Arthas This discussion is not about the legal aspect of copyright. I'm a bit disappointed that you think it's "no point" because modders cannot force copyright onto their mods/in all countries. I am sure you understand that there is more to it, like showing respect for the creation of others, etcpp?

The point they're trying to make is that respect can only ever be given by one's free will, to whom they deem worthy of it. The moment you require someone to show you respect is the moment you lose it.

PS F invision.

5 hours ago, Ardanis said:

Are you who I think you are?🤠

'course I am, pal. I'm the real deal. This place can't handle my virtuous virtual pilfering of your obviously copyrighted modifications. I'm sharing them with the downtrodden all over the land. Verily, I'm a modern day Robbin Whood.

Edited by Drakensang