Sign in to follow this  
Drakensang

Unauthorized Mod Mirrors

Nice try pal, but your lies and cover ups won't work this time. You're done for.

Did you even ask the maker of that meme if you're allowed to post it here? Did you credit him and the site of origin? I think not! Not only are you a thief of the highest order and a criminal scumbag, but now you're not only done for once, but TWICE as you've the meme maker's wrath and mine upon you. Man, you done goofed big time.

Ok Jessy, my dude, I'll give you that, you're right. I'll stop replying Artemis, I'll starve that nasty troll to death.

Oh, but to be fair, I need to hit him once or twice with fire or acid before he keels over for good. Any tips?

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Almateria said:

https://www.wipo.int/treaties/en/ip/berne/

Have you considered thinking for a second before you speak

Sure... sounds. Too bad we live in the digital age, with concepts such as "modifications to original copyrighted products", are things that have no legal stand at any court, inter&extra-nationally.

To show the legitimacy of my claim, I'll just present myself as the evidence... cause I am pretty sure I stole everyone of my mod concepts from other people, used their code at them and so on. And I am pretty sure, you did it too.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

Posted (edited)

Drakensang, no worries. Moderation here is very different from Beamdog forums.  I edited the post myself. I removed it because trying to ignite a fire in a forum, with other people makes no sense. If someone thinks that Berne convention is enough to protect the copyright, good for him/her/these. But don't be surprised when you meet the harsh reality. There are many countries where these documents are signed but that doesn't mean they are enforced in any way. The only place I would try 100% to enforce copyright today is America.

Where I live, distributing against the will of the author would cause you no issue, If the author left it online for free. And the author has to sue you and really want you to pay. And given that this is free stuff, a judge would laugh the face of the author actually sueing face and tell him to piss off. So no harm. The turning point on a cause would be the following: did the author distribute it for free? Can he gain money from distributing it for free, even indirectly? For example, does it bring many people to your website, full of ads?  No? So void point. You actually removed details linking the creator to the mod to gain notoriety? Maybe. 

Artemius, didn't you block me on Beamdog forums? You should ignore me here too. Thanks, bye.

One last note: Drakensang, relax. Being hot-headed for a simple subject doesn't mean that it's you against everyone. 
People here have no ill intent and do not gang up on you, like it happens in other forum https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/1090615/#Comment_1090615

or end in such a way to actually make mod authors quit your community https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/1090929/#Comment_1090929

Lefreut: 

Last Active

August 17

Edited by Arthas

@Arthas This discussion is not about the legal aspect of copyright. I'm a bit disappointed that you think it's "no point" because modders cannot force copyright onto their mods/in all countries. I am sure you understand that there is more to it, like showing respect for the creation of others, etcpp?

Considering the amount of help you received in the past from patient modder folks, it saddens me to see you giving modder requests to respect their wishes the midle finger for no obvious reason.

Posted (edited)

I'm not giving you the middle finger. To be honest, I respect your wishes and I would not spread your stuff around given your personal opinion. What I'm saying is that you can't think that copyright is a good enough reason for people to listen to you - it's one thing that is rarely enforced amongst many countries. It's sheer respect that makes people stand up to your desires. In my case you amongst many others earned it - e.g Subtledoctor, you, Camdawg, Almateria, Lava, K4thos and many others too  - but there are others I frankly don't give a fuck about (they do either about me, so ...)

Edited by Arthas

Guest Arthas

Forgot Ardanis genie wisp alien and many others. The list is too long

On 8/30/2019 at 11:48 AM, Arthas said:

I'm not giving you the middle finger. To be honest, I respect your wishes and I would not spread your stuff around given your personal opinion. What I'm saying is that you can't think that copyright is a good enough reason for people to listen to you - it's one thing that is rarely enforced amongst many countries. It's sheer respect that makes people stand up to your desires. In my case you amongst many others earned it - e.g Subtledoctor, you, Camdawg, Almateria, Lava, K4thos and many others too  - but there are others I frankly don't give a fuck about (they do either about me, so ...)

:c

Please do not consider me a person standing above others in the respect giveaway, I could never write and over time I forgot how to code, now I just earn my living working at a mouse farm.

FWIW, even if SHS seems deader than Nameless One, most of SHS' direct links still work.

On 8/29/2019 at 8:01 PM, Drakensang said:

you've illegally deleted his comment and shown your immense hypocrisy. You've come undone, GeeThree. You've no ground to stand upon

Are you who I think you are?🤠

Edited by Ardanis

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this