Help for noober

Guest GunnerBlack

Guest GunnerBlack

Heya. 

Well I'm sure this is a super newbie question, but I need help. I have a few very straightforward item mods, unique items created in NI and described in weidu, that work fine in the vanilla game. When I use them with EET the names and descriptions are broken. I'm pretty sure it's a load order issue but I sure would appreciate if someone would school me on this. Fresh install in an "owned" directory so theres no permission issues either.

Guest GunnerBlack

items are in game by simple copy/paste .itm file from my mod folder where I keep them into override. There IS a language issue, for some reason EET installed in german, I had to switch it in the ingame settings because once eet is installed the reinstall has no language options. Full reinstall again? Also, looks like I didnt start bg2 and create a save first (though there are previous save and I chose the patch save option) in case that could be an issue.

You cannot just copy items into your game. The text assigned to it (name, description) are pointers to the so called dialog.tlk where all the text lines are in. If you copy an item from one game to another, the pointers will point to whatever text is at that string reference number. You need to make a mod installer using WeiDU, that is what all mods use for their "setup-modname.exe". With it you install and deinstall the mod accordingly and the texts will be written into the dialog.tlk during installation.

Guest GunnerBlack

I did use weidu. The itm files are created in NI, dropped into override, and .tlk descriptions are altered with weidu. It is working in my non EET game right now. (yes I know weidu can do all the stuff NI can do but that's above my skill level)

Guest GunnerBlack

SOLVED-

Fresh install, made sure installed in english and installed items first, so it was one of those 2 issues. Thank you guys. I'm new to weidu and it can be intimidating.