Ulb's PI Install Order

Ulb

2 hours ago, Ulb said:

@A|ien

Is there a way to 'force' PI to install all available components of a sorting order list?

Right now it seems whenever you close PI all mod selections will be unchecked (though the group order is preserved) and you have to manually re-check every single box?

That seems very inconvenient.

You already have full control over which mods you want to actually install by just removing/adding them to PI's mod folder. I don't see why you would ever need PI to not simply install the currently set sorting order.

How it should be in my opinion:

Importing a sorting order re-orders all available mods in said order and checks/unchecks them accordingly. Afterwards the player can then adjust that setting as usualy by checking/un-checking and re-ordering mods manually.

PS: Plas change your name to something that is easier to tag. :D

@Ulb What exactly do you refer by saying 'Importing a sorting order'? Are you talking about the detailed list of ModID:ComponentID:Description from you first? If yes, you don't have to re-check every mod again. After you pasting it, you can immediately click "Start-Installation". The "auto-check when paste content into install sequence" is a missing feature (it works when importing WeiDU.log)

Now, to the actual "Sorting Order" feature, you need to create "Sorting Order File" or convert it from old BWS data/Weidu.Log. The idea is: install order and the actual mods which you want to install are not the same things. 

For the mod list from you first post, it would look like that:

EET *
ascension *
A7-TestYourMettle *
A7-GolemConstruction *
bgqe *
ac_quest *
c#sb_silber *
DjinniCompanion *
Eilistraee *
ooze *
rr *
SirinesCall *
A7-TotLM-BG2EE *
d0questpack *
TGC1E *
ub *
TOD *
WhiteQueen *
wheels *
Aura_BG1 *
glamnpcpack *
c#solaufein *
isra_bg2 *
ajantisbg2 *
ajantisbg1 *
evandra *
TheBeaurinLegacy *
A7-ConvenientEENPCs *
song_and_silence *
A7#ImprovedArcher *
ArtisansKitpack *
SpiritHunter *
Spiritwalker *
StormCaller *
hammers *
c#sodtweaks *
DruidGroveMakeover *
HiddenGameplayOptions *
EET_Tweaks *
EpicThieving *
NoSoDSound *
SkipChateauIrenicus *
cdtweaks *
EET_end *
stratagems *
atweaks *
UlbsPatchEE *

save such data as sortingorder1.csv, point PI to this file using appropriate field. Then, after you paste list of mods which you want to install (they can be in any order), you click "Apply--SortingOrder" button and everything from the 'Install Sequence' field should be sorted according to the content of the 'sorting order file'.

P.S. If you want to tag my nick, just type '@al' and my nick should appear at the list.

Edited by AL|EN

@AL|EN

What exactly do you refer by saying 'Importing a sorting order'? Are you talking about the detailed list of ModID:ComponentID:Description from you first? If yes, you don't have to re-check every mod again. After you pasting it, you can immediately click "Start-Installation". The "auto-check when paste content into install sequence" is a missing feature (it works when importing WeiDU.log)

Ah, I see. That makes things a lot easier. I assume the auto-check feature is coming though?

Because right now, let's say I've forgotten a mod I want to include. I can't just load my old installation-order and add that mod via checking it because everything is going to be unchecked and creating a new install sequence would be blank except for that mod? So I would have to edit my old installation order in a text editor, right?

Now, to the actual "Sorting Order" feature, you need to create "Sorting Order File" or convert it from old BWS data/Weidu.Log. The idea is: install order and the actual mods which you want to install are not the same things. 

For the mod list from you first post, it would look like that:

Is there a difference between using an .ini file and a .csv file? I did try using the first list I posted as an .ini file and it seemed to work alright. (I am aware that generally you would want to use a list with only complete mods instead of listing imcomplete sets of components.)

2 hours ago, AL|EN said:

@Ulb I should also add that if you don't split various mod components into different places, between other mods, you entire install order can be simply achieved by moving mods at mod list. Simply reorder them, the order will be saved even after you will exit PI.

Just to make sure, the only thing that determines what PI installs is whatever is listed in the lower right window, right? So PI will never install any unchecked mods or components of they aren't listed there? 

And one more thing, as general feedback: 

I think it's a bit confusing that you can check the main mods (not any component but the main mod name that has all components under it) but nothing seems to happen when you do that.

In BWS/EET-Setup checking the main mod box would mean that all components/sub-components get installed but in PI that seems to not be the case.

Edited by Ulb

@argent77

I'd recommend to install the Djinni Companion after QuestPack, Unfinished Business and Golem Construction, so the mod can take advantage of the additional content. (Although the current order works fine in your specific case, since you leave out the relevant mod components.)

I can't really find any options that would suggest there is additional content with questpack/ub/golems? What exactly am I missing here?

Regarding the improved AI for spell casters in Golem Construction, do you foresee any issues when installing it together with SCS?

48 minutes ago, Ulb said:

@argent77

I can't really find any options that would suggest there is additional content with questpack/ub/golems? What exactly am I missing here?

Regarding the improved AI for spell casters in Golem Construction, do you foresee any issues when installing it together with SCS?

I haven't included Golem Construction compatibility in the Djinni Companion readme yet (will do soon). The other mods are mentioned in the compatibility section of the readme.

I rarely play with SCS, so I can't say for certain what issues may occur. But it's likely that SCS simply overwrites the original combat scripts.

2 hours ago, Ulb said:

Ah, I see. That makes things a lot easier. I assume the auto-check feature is coming though?

Because right now, let's say I've forgotten a mod I want to include. I can't just load my old installation-order and add that mod via checking it because everything is going to be unchecked and creating a new install sequence would be blank except for that mod? So I would have to edit my old installation order in a text editor, right?

It's planned and you can edit 'install sequence' as much as you want, and then paste it. Be aware that when you save it, it will work correctly as soon as one of the mod will change their designated numbers. Overcoming this issue is another story.

2 hours ago, Ulb said:

Is there a difference between using an .ini file and a .csv file? I did try using the first list I posted as an .ini file and it seemed to work alright. (I am aware that generally you would want to use a list with only complete mods instead of listing imcomplete sets of components.)

File extension doesn't matter. If you try to sort 'install sequence' using 'sorting order file' which has only few explicit component numbers then only those components would be sorted. It's much better to simply use * so this way, you sorting order file is protected from 'designated' number changes. But not the 'install sequence' list.

You can read more about the details here: https://www.gibberlings3.net/forums/topic/29826-install-orderinstall-sorting-definition-file-brainstorming/?tab=comments#comment-264831

BTW: Sorting order file can have component numbers at the same line separated by spaces.

1 hour ago, Ulb said:

Just to make sure, the only thing that determines what PI installs is whatever is listed in the lower right window, right? So PI will never install any unchecked mods or components of they aren't listed there? 

Yes. But if you paste incorrect entry's because you removed the mod or mod was updated locally and  'designated' numbers has been changed, PI will simply skip those components.

1 hour ago, Ulb said:

I think it's a bit confusing that you can check the main mods (not any component but the main mod name that has all components under it) but nothing seems to happen when you do that.

You are actually double-clicking the main checkbox. But anyway, that's current tech stack limitation it will be changed. BWS teach me that I shouldn't allow people to select all mod components at once so I'm not planing to enable this feature.

Edited by AL|EN
1 hour ago, AL|EN said:

You are actually double-clicking the main checkbox. But anyway, that's current tech stack limitation it will be changed. BWS teach me that I shouldn't allow people to select all mod components at once so I'm not planing to enable this feature.

Yes I do, old habits I guess.. :)