A condition in dialogue refuses to trigger

temnix

I have two NPC, one is supposed to recognize the presence of the other in the area and the fact that he is not dead and his quest has not been completed. The branch in the conversation of this one has these triggers: ~InMyArea("calkan") !Dead("calkan") Global("CALKAN","GLOBAL",0)~. The simplest stuff, really. Calkan is, of course, the other NPC's name and script name. He does have that script name and scripts react to him properly, but for some reason these conditions in the dialogue of the other NPC do not trigger. Substituting Exists() for InMyArea()~ does not help. Anybody has suggestions about why that might happen?

You could try Range("calkan",999), but I don't remember any hiccups with InMyArea(). Other than making sure you've double checked you don't accidentally trigger another state with the same text, and that it's exactly InMyArea() that blocks it and removing it makes the trigger return true, I can't really think of anything else.

Exists() ignores area check and will return true even if the object EscapeArea()'s, so it's not something you'd normally want to use unless you know what you're doing.

Edited by Ardanis