Some feedback

3 hours ago, jastey said:

Not yet, but this would be a good reason to finally put it there. I'll try to do so this weekend.

Alright, just let me know.  I finished reviewing all items.  There were some problems with the Merchant League Signet Ring; the Luck effect stacked with itself and the Charm Person effect was not correctly keyed to humanoids.  I fixed it by making the ring simply cast the actual spells, that prevents several other issues as well.  All other items seem fine, most are completely non-magical.  I will be testing these three in my BG1EE game tonight.

6 hours ago, jastey said:

Very cool, thank you! I'll wait for your final ok.

I did my tests and everything seems to work.  I forgot to mention though that these changes are incompatible with original BG1/TotSC (BGT and Tutu are fine).  If that is an issue I can rig up some compatibility code.

2 minutes ago, jastey said:

Ah, compatibility would be great - just because I didn't drop it yet. (There are crazy people like @Greenhorn still playing the originals! :))

I'd be totally fine with just using my versions for BG1, though. I'm not even sure they worked properly for original BG1, anyway.

They probably will, from the top of my head.  Been a while since I meddled with it though.  But the new versions can be made compatible fairly easily, just have to delete all effects with opcode >190 (206, 267 and 296 on the ioun stones).  The ring should work in BG1 as it is now unmodified (but Luck will be stackable there).

Just now, Angel said:

But the new versions can be made compatible fairly easily, just have to delete all effects with opcode >190 (206, 267 and 296 on the ioun stones).  The ring should work in BG1 as it is now unmodified (but Luck will be stackable there).

This sounds great! I'd be happy if you would provide the needed code - as I have no idea how I would delete effects with weidu.

33 minutes ago, jastey said:

This sounds great! I'd be happy if you would provide the needed code - as I have no idea how I would delete effects with weidu.

There's a function for it, DELETE_EFFECT.  But sure, I can do that. 

EDIT: Done!

Edited by Angel

I'm thinking about adding displayed icons to the unbaked egg, too. Free Action and Protection from Poison would be the obvious choices, but what is the icong for being protected against Confusion, is it Mind Shield? And did I really also put a protection against being turned to stone in there, too (effect 33)?

2 hours ago, jastey said:

I'm thinking about adding displayed icons to the unbaked egg, too. Free Action and Protection from Poison would be the obvious choices, but what is the icon for being protected against Confusion, is it Mind Shield? And did I really also put a protection against being turned to stone in there, too (effect 33)?

Usually Mind Shield yes, but Chaotic Commands would also be applicable.  Potion of Clarity uses Mind Shield, so that's what I would go with.

Personally I would go with no icons for the unbaked egg, as it is unidentified - sort of.  But it's your choice eventually.

And yes, must have, it sure isn't mine.  The only one I added is 175, a hold effect you forgot (there are three of them, 109, 175 and 185, the latter being known as "special" hold that is only used in a handful of cases.  109 is usually used for physical restraints like Web, 175 for paralysis like that of ghouls and ghasts.  But it's not always consistent.)

@Angel I didn't mean to imply the question whether it was me, I just really do not remember what effects I put in there and how. (Probably just copied some powerful item.)

1 hour ago, Angel said:

Personally I would go with no icons for the unbaked egg, as it is unidentified - sort of.

It was meant as an easter egg, but without any icons the player doesn't know what to expect at all. I am undecided.

1 hour ago, Angel said:

You can use tolower.exe, it comes with WeiDU.  It works outside game directories too.

Thanks!