"Reflect spell level" and weapons

temnix

I'm looking for a way to give characters an immunity to specific weapons. The Reflect spell level effect can stop weapons if it is set for level 0. It doesn't actually throw hits back, but it blocks them. Where is the "level" of a weapon set? Is it possible to change it? Another possibility is Reflect spell type. If what weapons use, NONE, is chosen, this also blocks hits. (There are "Protection from" opcodes that look like they are more to the purpose on both counts, but they don't work for this.) NONE is only a good choice for testing, but I think the list of "spell" types can be extended. Am I right about that? Then, squashing the shining disc visual effect, it would be possible to give special protections. For example, I'm thinking of making oil that will make monsters' claws slip off characters. The claw weapons are S1-10 and so on. They would just need to be edited for custom entries, and voila. Ditto for monk fists!

1 hour ago, temnix said:

Where is the "level" of a weapon set? Is it possible to change it?

It's the Enhancement level ... aka the items Edit display, in the Near Infinity, at offset 60h, when you have that displayed, which can be set in the Options-> Show Hex Offsets.

It can be changed... and yes a lot of +1 items are actually just marked as zeroes.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola