SCS updated to 32.6 (now 32.8)

Guest Gwaihir
13 minutes ago, DavidW said:

You can’t make her multiclass: she’s human.

Oh ok. I have installed the tweaks anthology component 'Alter multiclass restrictions' so that anyone could potentially multiclass, therefore i thought i could change her with your NPC customization.

Thanks for the quick reply :)

2 hours ago, Guest Gwaihir said:

Oh ok. I have installed the tweaks anthology component 'Alter multiclass restrictions' so that anyone could potentially multiclass, therefore i thought i could change her with your NPC customization.

Thanks for the quick reply :)

I’m not at all sure how compatible they are TBH.

21 hours ago, NiziNizi said:

@DavidW - Tnx for info.

@czacki - Just as you say, level 15 Aura of Despair work on HD8, level 20 on HD18. I lasts 60 seconds Offer no Save. Not bypass magic resistance. Level 2 spell.

For Absorb Health, it bypass magic resistance.

Very helpful, thank you.

This effectively means that in SCS environment, the spell will NOT work on  the more dangerous foes (Mind Flayers, Undead, Drow, Demons) because it does NOT bypass magic resistance, and will NOT work on many casters on "Insane" difficulty because they precast (minor) globe of invulnerability.

Not that great. I expected a lot more, TBH.

This means Dorn isn't really that great as a party member. His abilities will not work on the hardest foes. Beats Minsc (but what doesn't?), but loses to casters and to Keldorn. Even if you're using dispel magic nerf (from the optional component), you'll still enjoy a 0-cast time True Sight very much.

Edited by czacki

I have a bug report regarding the "Wider selection of random scrolls: v32.7" component for BGEE dating since RC10 and I decided to report it now. It seems to be only affecting me as I haven't seen anyone report it in the thread.

When killing creature mobs of the same type, then two or more MAGE SCROLL drops. It is 100% guaranteed there going to be the same spell. I thought I was getting unlucky until I got 4 Larloch Minor Drain scrolls from one fight and decided to test then take screencaps afterwards. I have visual proof in an Imgur album linked below along with pictures without "Wider selections" component installed. Stratagems IWD spells is installed. I'm not sure this component bug affects BG2. Mage scrolls and Divine scrolls can drop together, but Mage scrolls will always be duplicates of each other. I haven't seen two or more divine scrolls drop, but I think it isn't affected by the "Wider selections" component.

In order to test the guaranteed mage scroll duplicate, I used the half ogres for Bjorn's quest:
1) Quick-save before traveling to area.
2) Kill them with the god bow.
3) Check if they drop two or more mage scrolls, if not then reload quick-save.

I've included my WeiDU log in a pastebin link below, as I feel certain that "Wider selections" component is not following the behavior of more variety in mage scroll drops. Again, this is probably only affecting me. I'll continue my SCS installed without this component. Thank you.

Imgur album: https://imgur.com/a/5t2ls70
WeiDU Log Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/qUSPhspe

000000030-Premature Stealth Breaking.zip

DavidW, 

For some reason the default script for Strategems Ease of Use AI wants to double stealth me.  Often as soon as I stealth it wants to stealth me again and break the stealth. 

See attached save, stealth the FMT and walk around a bit and stealth him again while the AI is turned on.

Version: 2.5 from GOG , SCS 32.7     Most SCS components installed.

I'm not sure, is this bug because of scs, but in bg1:ee, npc companions does not die on insane difficulty level. Their health remain at 1, even if they get more damage. I have installed several other mods also: npc project, spell revisions, anthology tweaks. The other mods or combination of the mods may be the reason for this bug.

11 hours ago, Merlin said:

I'm not sure, is this bug because of scs, but in bg1:ee, npc companions does not die on insane difficulty level. Their health remain at 1, even if they get more damage. I have installed several other mods also: npc project, spell revisions, anthology tweaks. The other mods or combination of the mods may be the reason for this bug.

I checked this bug. I installed only SCS 32.7 to mod-free version from beamdog server. Minsc go naked against a mephit in the corridor behind the golem  in chateau Irenicus and cannot die. 

I confirm the bug with “customize NPC” and continuous leveling with version 32.7.

In a new BG2EE game, Imoen gets new levels in her second class, when she shouldn't have.

Also after installing SCS, some of the mods I chose (Rogue Rebalancing and Atweaks), fail to install.

Is the cause something that SCS changes or should I report it to the mod's authors?.

Spoiler

Rogue Rebalancing

[...]

Copying and patching 1 file ...
ERROR: Cannot find 6 rows with at least 40 columns.ERROR: [CLABTH02.2DA] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("Cannot Set 2DA Entry"))
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Thief kit revisions], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall  30 files for [RR/SETUP-RR.TP2] component 1.
Uninstalled     30 files for [RR/SETUP-RR.TP2] component 1.
ERROR: Failure("Cannot Set 2DA Entry")
[...]

SPWI705.SPL is broken, attempting to repair the file
ERROR: illegal 2-byte read from offset 826 of 826-byte file spwi705.spl
ERROR: [spwi705.spl] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("spwi705.spl: read out of bounds"))

ERROR Installing [Additional equipment for Thieves and Bards], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall   3 files for [RR/SETUP-RR.TP2] component 7.
Uninstalled      3 files for [RR/SETUP-RR.TP2] component 7.
ERROR: Failure("spwi705.spl: read out of bounds")

[...]

ERROR: [spwi705.spl] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("spwi705.spl: read out of bounds"))

ERROR Installing [Chosen of Cyric encounter], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall   3 files for [RR/SETUP-RR.TP2] component 11.
Uninstalled      3 files for [RR/SETUP-RR.TP2] component 11.

[...]

ERROR Installing [Shadow Thief Improvements], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall   3 files for [RR/SETUP-RR.TP2] component 12.
Uninstalled      3 files for [RR/SETUP-RR.TP2] component 12.

Atweaks

[...]

ERROR Installing [PnP Fiends -> Mod-added fiends are also affected], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall   4 files for [ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2] component 152.
Uninstalled      4 files for [ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2] component 152.

And three more components with the same error.

For those with the level up bug, are you leveling up the first time with party AI on or off? I only had the problem with party AI off.

Has anyone encountered a bug where Dynaheir is unkillable when trying to fulfill Edwin's quest? Not sure if SCS or another mod is the issue here.

Thanks for the awesome mod! It's the main reason I still keep coming back to BG.

On 10/30/2019 at 6:39 PM, Merlin said:

I checked this bug. I installed only SCS 32.7 to mod-free version from beamdog server. Minsc go naked against a mephit in the corridor behind the golem  in chateau Irenicus and cannot die. 

I almost finished a playthrough of BG1EE with 32.6 and didn't encountered this bug. Companions were very killable, and died indeed.

Maybe it's related to 32.7 but it seems odd such a bug could be added with the leveling fix.