SCS updated to 32.6 (now 32.8)

Guest Newxieland

The uncontrolled NPC levelling is definitely a thing for me in V32.7.

Can also confirm this issue went away if "NPC Customisation" was unchecked during SCS installation.

However this means that none of the SCS AI scripting will work for your NPCs... annoying but not game breaking like the uncontrolled levelling bug.

Still - very grateful for all the mods and modders out there that has made this game so enjoyable! 

If the NPCs health remains at 1, they are carrying an item that won't allow them to die... as long as they carry the item. It's an item that's intended to have this power and it's usually removed by an action that the character should be able to take imminently after joining the party... fixes like script changes and such that can wreck havoc to the integrity of the game if not carried out... but if you are sure the character is correct, then you can open the save with eekeeper and remove the minhp.itm from any slot it's at...

Imoen, for example had this kind of item(her BG1 belt) in BGT's BG1 portion cause the character would need to be alive to start the BG2 - SoA dungeon... and if she ever dropped below 1 hp during a battle, she would start a conversation after the battle and exit the party to reappear in BG2... but she was an essential character there, don't know about others.

So you might want to make sure you don't cheese your game while at this.

And yeah, the mod component czacki you installed that allows to customize NPCs is not compatible with any changes you intend to do after installing it and before you have the NPC already joined to the party. So, essentially, you just F'ed your own game by doing it before you were supposed to. As the item won't get removed because you made a change that prevents it's removal.

I saw the uncontrolled NPC leveling problem on a clean, brand-new installation of BG:EE.  I wasn't able to get it to stop until I:

* Levels on join pending.

* Turned on party AI.

* Quicksaved.

* Reloaded.

* Party AI showed as still on.

* Probably went away and level ups worked correctly.

This seems to always fix it; if AI is off it repros.

On 11/5/2019 at 4:56 AM, Guest Fannin said:

For those with the level up bug, are you leveling up the first time with party AI on or off? I only had the problem with party AI off.

[...]

It seems to be true. On a new game, when AI is on, the leveling issue is gone. But only for human characters. If it's elf or half-elf, the problem still persists.

8 hours ago, Jason McCullough said:

I saw the uncontrolled NPC leveling problem on a clean, brand-new installation of BG:EE.  I wasn't able to get it to stop until I:

* Levels on join pending.

* Turned on party AI.

* Quicksaved.

* Reloaded.

* Party AI showed as still on.

* Probably went away and level ups worked correctly.

This seems to always fix it; if AI is off it repros.

This seems to completely eliminate the problem.

@DavidW, did you add additional empty lines to the end of the Stats.ids file ? Asking cause the BWP's trim_IDS.bat file trims it to dust. Aka to be the last empty line.

EDIT: This also happens in v32.6 ... but not in v31 (in the old engine).

LATE EDIT: OK, this was verified.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

The spell Mind Blank says in the description that it would protect against Petrification. However, when I use it and face the basilisks, they still petrify if I don't make the save. I'm using IWD Spells component of SCS on the latest version of 32.7

Thanks

Special offer from Ribald (after you return from Underdark) includes a Freedom scroll. It's limitless and for a bit of gold you can get 9000 exp just by re-learning it ad infinitum. I'd suggest to limit this similarly to how other Freedom scroll supplies are limited from other sources because this invites the player to trade some (mostly useless at this point) gold for ridiculous amounts of experience.

Guest Sir Thanxalot

Well.. thanks a lot for spoiling my BG2 SoA installation with your shitstain mod. When it fails, it doesn't even show that it's reverting files to what they were, which is why I felt the need to do an uninstall. I don't care to inform you about anything else, just wanted to thank you.

Guest Guest You're an Idiot
On 12/1/2019 at 4:39 PM, Guest Sir Thanxalot said:

Well.. thanks a lot for spoiling my BG2 SoA installation with your shitstain mod. When it fails, it doesn't even show that it's reverting files to what they were, which is why I felt the need to do an uninstall. I don't care to inform you about anything else, just wanted to thank you.

You're an idiot and you're the obvious shitstain, idiot. Go away.