Jump to content
DavidW

SCS updated to 32.6 (now 32.7)

Recommended Posts

I've also reproduced the auto-leveling bug in v32.7 in BG1EE. One odd thing, though, is that I've been able to avoid it by trying to make the character join in a different way. That has worked for me for several characters which triggered the issue. I'm not sure what was different, but I tried to reload, talk to a different NPC before, use a different dialog option, etc. I wasn't able to make it work for Baeloth, though. He keeps the max XP issue. Not a big deal, though. The awesome customization feature is adding a lot of replayability to the game for me!

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 6:14 PM, Jarno Mikkola said:

If the NPCs health remains at 1, they are carrying an item that won't allow them to die... as long as they carry the item. It's an item that's intended to have this power and it's usually removed by an action that the character should be able to take imminently after joining the party... fixes like script changes and such that can wreck havoc to the integrity of the game if not carried out... but if you are sure the character is correct, then you can open the save with eekeeper and remove the minhp.itm from any slot it's at...

Imoen, for example had this kind of item(her BG1 belt) in BGT's BG1 portion cause the character would need to be alive to start the BG2 - SoA dungeon... and if she ever dropped below 1 hp during a battle, she would start a conversation after the battle and exit the party to reappear in BG2... but she was an essential character there, don't know about others.

So you might want to make sure you don't cheese your game while at this.

And yeah, the mod component czacki you installed that allows to customize NPCs is not compatible with any changes you intend to do after installing it and before you have the NPC already joined to the party. So, essentially, you just F'ed your own game by doing it before you were supposed to. As the item won't get removed because you made a change that prevents it's removal.

Hmm. I checked this. For example Imoen has not that kind of item in BG1 when I recruit her. Only the basic items (40 arrows, bow, wand of magic missiles etc). Still the black bears in the same map weren't able to kill him.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Merlin said:

Hmm. I checked this. For example Imoen has not that kind of item in BG1 when I recruit her. Only the basic items (40 arrows, bow, wand of magic missiles etc). Still the black bears in the same map weren't able to kill him.

Well, I need; a save game & the exact game information(version data) & set difficulty setting, to verify this. The save game is so I can see the items, in an editor. Dah.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

Share this post


Link to post
Guest Ludwig

Another spell not working as expected is True Sight. In the description, it says it will protect against magical blindness for 1 turn, but it does not do that at all. It doesn't dispel blindness, in addition, when you cast power word blind on someone who has true sight active, they still get blinded. It has the same effect on enemies and allies alike. I'm using IWD spells component using the latest version of SCS, and I'm not using any other spell tweak mod like Spell Revisions.

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Guest Ludwig

By the way, I've been using SCS on a complete playthrough from BG1 to SOD and up until the end of BG2, and haven't faced any bugs apart from the 2 very minor spell effect issues I mentioned above. Some people were writing ridiculous comments in other threads like the mod is unplayable, that's why I wanted to clarify that they do not show the truth at all. However, I have to say that I'm not using NPC Customisation, Improved Shapeshifting and Ease of Use AI components, so I can't comment on those 3. Everything else is working perfectly based on my experience.

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, Guest Ludwig said:

Another spell not working as expected is True Sight. In the description, it says it will protect against magical blindness for 1 turn, but it does not do that at all. It doesn't dispel blindness, in addition, when you cast power word blind on someone who has true sight active, they still get blinded. It has the same effect on enemies and allies alike. I'm using IWD spells component using the latest version of SCS, and I'm not using any other spell tweak mod like Spell Revisions.

Thanks

Does SCS even change True Sight?  I don't think this is an SCS issue...

I know SR does change True Sight, such that it does prevent/cure blindness.  But you said you're not using SR.  (Maybe you should!)

Share this post


Link to post
Guest Ludwig

SCS does change True Sight if you're not using SR. Below is taken from the readme, under Non-Spell Revisions changes:

Give True Sight the ability to prevent magical blindness

This spell modifies True Sight (and the clerical version, True Seeing) so that the caster is immune to Blindness while the spell is effective; existing Blindness effects are also removed.

(The main reason for this change is that Blindness is essentially lethal for enemies (especially spellcasters). With this change, Truesight effectively works like Vocalize, in addition to its other effects.)

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/15/2019 at 4:49 PM, Jarno Mikkola said:

Well, I need; a save game & the exact game information(version data) & set difficulty setting, to verify this. The save game is so I can see the items, in an editor. Dah.

Well, I researched this problem more. Sorry that I previously reinstalled the factory settings by using the Beamdog client. It seems that this reinstallation setup does not remove all previous problems. My bad. Moreover, it seems that the combination of scs and spell revisions does not cause the problem. But the combination of:

1. Npc project,

2. Tweaks anthology,

3. Spell revision and

4. Scs

cause the problem. I checked that the problem did not exist before the scs installation. And scs was the last installed mod. The combination of tweaks and scs is my next bet.

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, Merlin said:

Well, I researched this problem more. Sorry that I previously reinstalled the factory settings by using the Beamdog client. It seems that this reinstallation setup does not remove all previous problems. My bad. Moreover, it seems that the combination of scs and spell revisions does not cause the problem. But the combination of:

1. Npc project,

2. Tweaks anthology,

3. Spell revision and

4. Scs

cause the problem. I checked that the problem did not exist before the scs installation. And scs was the last installed mod. The combination of tweaks and scs is my next bet.

I'll just put a line in the sand and tell you that I cannot verify that there's even a problem without the above requested information, so I can NOT help you without them:

On 12/15/2019 at 4:49 PM, Jarno Mikkola said:

Well, I need; a save game & the exact game information(version data) & set difficulty setting, to verify this. The save game is so I can see the items, in an editor. Dah.

And yes, a weidu.log's info would be among the version data, and the game version... the one you can find when you start the game, in the game menu.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Jarno Mikkola said:

I'll just put a line in the sand and tell you that I cannot verify that there's even a problem without the above requested information, so I can NOT help you without them:

And yes, a weidu.log's info would be among the version data, and the game version... the one you can find when you start the game, in the game menu.

Now I have an installation, which contains tweaks anthology and scs. Nothing else. And Imoen does not die. I attached the save file and weidu.log.

000000023-Test.zip WeiDU.log

Share this post


Link to post

Can you also confirm that the party AI was turned on, and on what difficulty setting you had the game on ?

The first is because of this:

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4100 // Improved NPC customisation and management: v32.7

And the later is because of the story mode difficulty.

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Jarno Mikkola said:

Can you also confirm that the party AI was turned on, and on what difficulty setting you had the game on ?

The first is because of this:

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4100 // Improved NPC customisation and management: v32.7

And the later is because of the story mode difficulty.

Difficulty was insane, Imoen's immortality is independent of party AI (I tested both).

Share this post


Link to post

I couldn't find anything on this, but what's going on with inquisitor Dispel in this latest version of SCS? I came back to the game after a hiatus and checked out the new SCS version, and while it does mention the familiar component that can reduce Inquisitor Dispel to x1/x1.5 if applied, I didn't find anything that would actually let me set the values for that component. It doesn't show up on the in-game tweak tool, it doesn't show up in the Stratagems .ini configuration file, it doesn't even show as a component in WeiDU.log - but it does show up in the current readme, and in the game, Inquisitor definitely dispels with x1 now. I even checked with NearInfinity, and SPCL231.spl (Inquisitor's Dispel Magic) shows "Use caster level (1)" under "Dispel type". I tested with various enemies in the game, and the behavior seems consistent with a x1 lvl Dispel, i.e. anything higher than the caster is virtually impossible to dispel.

Now, ordinarily this wouldn't be a big deal (Inquisitors were nerfed for a reason), HOWEVER if you play Legacy of Bhaal mode then the increased levels in that mode make Dispel Magic effectively unusable - or literally, since with the start of ToB you already encounter enemies above lvl 40, which is past the level cap for Inquisitors. Without a dispel level buff, Inquisitors are effectively crippled in LoB since their marquee ability basically might as well not exist. I can probably fix this via NearInfinity, but it'd be great if this just had something to control the behavior of the component in SCS.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

[Would like to apologize in advance if this query comes across as somewhat obtuse/obnoxious...]

Realized I’d be “better off” uninstalling the SCS component Improved NPC customization and management (soloing a lot of pre-Spellhold SoA inevitably led to NPCs banking obscene amounts of XP upon recruitment... clearly a lack of foresight on my part).

That being said, I’m not sure if I’m going about said component-removal the right way, as running setup-stratagems.command in order to do so also results in the reinstallation of other components despite the fact that I select [N]o Change.
 

Not an issue per se since the reinstalls are hitch-less, but given my hardware limitations (a 2k9 MBP ain’t necessarily slumming it... but prbbly doesn’t qualify as life in the fast lane) I’m wondering whether there’s a way to avoid having to re-initialize AI components, re-install Smarter Mages etc.

I’d appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction... Is this simply par for the course (needless to say, the end result is more than worth it) or am I missing something re removing/adjusting individual components more efficiently? 

Edited by grlndbrggs

Share this post


Link to post
Guest Daidre

I have encountered very nasty bug in the end battle of Siege of Dragonspier. With Improved NPC customization and management installed, hostile Caelar Argent was completely immortal and made boss battle impossible to complete - without killing her with this RP choice, end sequence scripts were not triggering. Uninstalling component solved the issue.

I have seen similar problem with Hexxat in BG 2. When you chose to attack her in dialogue it is impossible to actually kill her, "companion" script (item) protects her and she is stack in the same hostile + immortal state.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...