SCS updated to 32.6 (now 32.8)

@DavidW while you're having a small modding window and checking Ascension stuff, could you also look into those installed with warnings me and @4udr4n reported couple of posts up? We're not sure if those are harmless or may produce some unwanted results in game.

Thanks in advance! 

Also, jimfix:400:Prevent silent prebuffs fails to detect smarter mages on my install.

As per my post on the Ascension tpic, I respect that Jimfix isn't your mod, but your advice on whether there are still silent prebuffs with SCS smarter mages, and if there are, any suggestion as to why Jimfix cannot detect them would be appreciated.

Here's that component's .tp2 content:

BEGIN @17
DESIGNATED 400
GROUP @2
REQUIRE_PREDICATE FILE_EXISTS ~override/dw#mage.mrk~ @34
ACTION_FOR_EACH filename IN ~dw#sw102~ ~dw#sw408~ ~dw#sw319~ ~dw#sw606~ ~dw#sw512~ ~dw#sw517~ ~dw#sw320~ 
BEGIN
  ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~%filename%.spl~ BEGIN
    COPY_EXISTING ~%filename%.spl~ ~override~
      READ_LONG 0x8 spell_name
      LPF ADD_SPELL_EFFECT INT_VAR opcode = 139 target = 1 parameter1 = spell_name header = 1 insert_point = 0 END
    BUT_ONLY
  END
END

Guest Jabberwock

Coming back to BG2 after a hiatus and its GREAT to see the state that SCS and ascension are in. Ascension 2.0: Wow!

One quick bug report. Cernd still doesn't behave properly if you have him fight Faldorn in the druid grove for you. He stays in human form and swings ineffectually at her until his death. This is fixable in game by temporarily recruiting him into the party and turning him into a werewolf, then removing him from the party and going down the dialogue tree to start the fight. But my understanding is that the intended behavior is for him to either start the fight as a werewolf or shapechange during the fight, guaranteeing his victory. He still doesn't do this and just stays a human throughout the fight.

I am running SCS 32.7 and Ascension 2.0.11 on insane with essentially everything enabled during install config (certainly all the enhancements that might apply to this fight, to my knowledge).

On 3/14/2020 at 5:23 PM, Grunker said:

A minor thing concering the import of IWD spells: I really like this feature, but I raised my eyebrow about the duration of Call Lightning and Static Charge being different. Is that SCS? Specifically, Call Lightning has a duration of 1 turn per 4 levels whereas Static Charge lasts one turn per level, meaning you get a lot more bolts for your buck with the latter.

I've just had a look at this. In IWD, Call Lightning also has a much shorter duration (1 round per level), so this isn't an inconsistency introduced by a mismatch between IWD and BG2 spells. It also doesn't lead to any egregious problem in spell use, of the kind that SCS's spell tweaks address. So I think it falls outside the scope of SCS

I agree that it's a bit odd: if I were designing the spell system from scratch I wouldn't do it this way. But if I started adjusting every oddity like this, I'd be writing a different mod.

On 5/18/2020 at 8:09 PM, Guest Jabberwock said:

Coming back to BG2 after a hiatus and its GREAT to see the state that SCS and ascension are in. Ascension 2.0: Wow!

One quick bug report. Cernd still doesn't behave properly if you have him fight Faldorn in the druid grove for you. He stays in human form and swings ineffectually at her until his death. This is fixable in game by temporarily recruiting him into the party and turning him into a werewolf, then removing him from the party and going down the dialogue tree to start the fight. But my understanding is that the intended behavior is for him to either start the fight as a werewolf or shapechange during the fight, guaranteeing his victory. He still doesn't do this and just stays a human throughout the fight.

I am running SCS 32.7 and Ascension 2.0.11 on insane with essentially everything enabled during install config (certainly all the enhancements that might apply to this fight, to my knowledge).

Can @DavidW confirm that bug?

On 2/28/2020 at 6:43 AM, Merlin said:

About the fine weapons installation in BG1EE:

Fine weapons instead of +1 weapons is a very good mod. But it seems to have some bugs:

1. A fine flail +1 has a damage code of 1d6+1.

2. The fine short bow sold by Taerom in Beregost gives only +1 thac0. Should it give +1 dmg also?

3. The damage and thac0 codes of the fine composite long bow in Feldepost's Inn are such low that the basic composite long bow is better.

The faster or more realistic bears mean that bears may remain neutral even if 6 characters shoot them with arrows.

1. Corrected, thanks

2. No: fine bows, like magic bows, don't affect damage.

3. THAC0 is correct, I think (+2, vs +1 for the basic bow). Damage should be +2 and not +1; corrected, thanks.

Bears: that's not SCS (so far as I can tell), I don't mess with their script beyond a quick apply-speed-spell block.

On 12/21/2019 at 1:43 AM, Guest Ludwig said:

Another spell not working as expected is True Sight. In the description, it says it will protect against magical blindness for 1 turn, but it does not do that at all. It doesn't dispel blindness, in addition, when you cast power word blind on someone who has true sight active, they still get blinded. It has the same effect on enemies and allies alike. I'm using IWD spells component using the latest version of SCS, and I'm not using any other spell tweak mod like Spell Revisions.

Thanks

I can't reproduce this on 32.8.

Guest Ludwig

Thanks for the response regarding True Sight. I can consistently reproduce it in both BG1EE and BG2EE with SCS. And I'm also using 32.8. Could someone else please try to reproduce it as well maybe? I have no other mods that touch this spell(or any other spells). If I am blinded, it doesn't matter if I cast True Sight before or after, it doesn't dispel blindness. 

OK, this is a little weird. My test case was:

1) Imoen casts True Seeing

2) Someone casts Power Word Blind on Imoen - she's unaffected.

Can you give me an exact scenario like that to reproduce the problem you're seeing?

(I should say that I haven't checked yet if it can *dispel* blindness, rather than *protect* from it. But your report says neither is working.)

FWIW I have NI open at the moment (rare, since in my fully-modded install with 55K override files, it takes 15 minutes and 20% of my laptop battery just to open NI), and the SR version of True Sight has both an opcode 75 effect to cure blindness and an opcode 101 effect to prevent it. 

@Guest Ludwig (or anyone else), if you can look at the spell in NI or DLCTEP, just check for those, should be pretty quick.

@DavidW ok i found couple of bugs. I am not entirely sure SCS caused both of those but i will discribe them. Just a note, during testing i was using BG2 EE(obviously) SRR, IRR, SCS, all the latest versions, installed without errors. No other mods. Difficulty - Tactical, no change at either components. I basically created a sorcerer and pumped it with console to high levels just to test some spells, thats what i found.

First one is about contingency. I have "Make spell sequencers and contingencies into innate abilities" option installed from SCS. While testing some spells i noticed that sorcerer on high levels got contingency spell scribed into spellbook along with innate ability Contingency. Also when i hovered my mouse over contingency in innate ability bar it said "Quick Weapon" and when hovered my mouse over Contingency in spell bar it said "Contingency". I realized something was fishy and started to pump sorcerer level by level to see when this ambiguity occured. And found out that at 13th level everything was ok, but when i pumped to 14th Contingency automatically got scribed into my spellbook as 3rd spell of my 6th level spells though i only took 2 spells of that level. Also Contingency Icon appeared in my spell bar among other spells. I also could use both Contingencies without rest and both worked.

The second bug is a bit more nasty. At high levels when i had opportunity to get Planetar summons as innate ability i could either choose the Good one or the Fallen one. When i chose the Fallen one everything worked ok, i could cast PLanetar's spells without any predicament, but when i picked the Good one... well, the PLanetar descended from the skies and automatically casted "Magic circle against Evil" (the spell from SRR). I tried to cast some of the spells but probably only 2 or 3 worked - otherwise PLanetar woudl just stand there and did nothing. I loaded save, tried again, this time i think i managed to cast 4 or 5, but spells like True seeing, Blade Barrier, Holy Word, Chaotic Commands, Find Traps and some others would not work. Repeated that many times, every time it let me cast different number of spells, but never the ones i mentioned. Finally i tried to turn Party AI off and moved planetar right after i summoned it not allowing it to cast "Magic circle against evil" (somehow sometimes it casted Circle even with AI being turned off, as i found out later) and forced it to cast spells one by one, and it worked, managed to cast every spell from the assortement. Loaded again, succesfully repeated with several spells then stopped to read some spell and suddenlly it automatically casted Circle again. After that i could not cast abovementioned spells, PLanetar again would just stand there and did nothing.

Basically, i am pretty sure the bug has something to do with that Circle spell, however i am not sure what exactly caused the malfunction. It could be AI being "too active" and somehow overriding normal behavior of the PLanetar, it could be the spell, that somehow blocking the use of other spells, it could be both the spell and AI conflicting with each other. I tried to present more detailed discription of the bug just to make the life of modders easier :) but in reality , i think, it would be better if you test it and probably contact @Bartimaeus on this issue if you find it necessary. I could make similar post in SR thread but i suspect it would be unduly, since i dont know about the real background of the bug. 

Edited by pochesun
Guest Ludwig

I'm sorry, apparently I was wrong regarding True Sight. It protects about blindness, but doesn't dispel existing blindness. I did your case DavidW, and working as you described. But if I cast Power Word Blind before True Sight, then the character has both True Sight and Blindness, and limited view as per blindness. I checked from NI as per subtledoctor's suggestion, and NI supports this as well. True Sight(and True Seeing) has Opcode 101 in its effects, but not Opcode 75. Hope it's more clear now. Thanks a lot.