SCS updated to 32.6 (now 32.8)

Okay I tried once again. I did the following: 

1) Reset the game so it's completely clean. (Repair Installation in the launcher).

2) Installed only the NPC customization component of SCS 32.7

3) Created a new character.

And Imoen, Xzar and Monty all kept getting xp, levelling up to the xp cap.

Edited by janoha
1 hour ago, janoha said:

Okay I tried once again. I did the following: 

1) Reset the game so it's completely clean. (Repair Installation in the launcher).

2) Installed only the NPC customization component of SCS 32.7

3) Created a new character.

And Imoen, Xzar and Monty all kept getting xp, levelling up to the xp cap.

I did the same thing on both SoD and BG1EE without SoD. No XP bug.

Okay that's really weird..

BG:EE is version 2.5.17.0. Installed using the older Beamdog stand-alone installers.

Weidu log:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4100 // Improved NPC customisation and management: v32.7

Edited by janoha

Hi,

I have the same problem as janoha - Imoen levels up indefinitely. BGEE, Clean install from scratch with the only mods being SWS 32.7 and Tweaks Anthology 9.

As long as I'm here I'd like to mention another bug that has persisted over many versions for years now. In Tales of the Sword Coast, in the fight against Selaad and Baresh at the end of the Balduran's Isle quest line, Baresh always turns into two wolfmen. Those spawn at the same location, which means that they become stuck into each other and can't move until one of them gets killed. Selaad behaves normally. I've encountered this bug in BGEE, BGTutu and BGTrilogy games. It still existed in version 32.5.

That said, I also wanted to say thank you for the mod. I've had so much fun with it over the years and wouldn't still be playing these games without it.

5 hours ago, Guest Ivy said:

Baresh always turns into two wolfmen. Those spawn at the same location...

Same here running SCS 32.4 (EET).

Additionally, i cannot hurt Selaad Gan in his Greater Werwolf form with +1/+2/+3 weapons. It always says 'Weapon ineffective'. No problems with the two Baresh wolfmen.

Edited by Azoth
On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 11:40 AM, DavidW said:

At a guess, it's a problem caused by using a separate version of ToBEx rather than the SCS-included version.

If so, workaround: don't install ToBEx, or else try installing it after SCS. (You can enable pretty much all the options you have selected in ToBEx just by editing ToBEx's ini files.)

I'll have a look when I get a chance, but it might not be soon. 

I had to scrap my install, for reasons other than SCS. I downloaded the SCS 32.7 and I kept the WeiDU executable that came with it. WeiDU 246 has an executable with the file size of 1033. The executable that comes with SCS 32.7 is 953, whatever version that is. It did work. Curious, that I have to take a step back in order to install something new. And so it goes.

Edited by Truman

EET SCS 32.4 finishing Improved Balduran's Island:

I decided to let Kaisha live and got the new dialogue option (in MENDA4.DLG) when meeting Mendas/Selaad again. All good, but how do i finish the quests:

The Reclusive Scholar

Balduran's Final Voyage

Shouldn't a block with some EraseJournalEntry(26907,26908,27107,...) fire as in the branch of a dead Kaisha?

Also, kept the werewolves on the island a secret in front of Aldeth Sashenstar, but the quests are still open. Do i miss something?

Discovered one more thing. 5 level Cleric spell, Wrath Of The Faithful.

For different alignment, spell set properly ALLIED_RIGHTEOUS_WRATH_OF_THE_FAITHFUL spell state.

But for same alignment, it should set ALLIED_AND_SAME_ALIGNMENT_RIGHTEOUS_WRATH_OF_THE_FAITHFUL spell state, but there is no line in spell for that, so it never raise that spell state when spell is used.

And one more thing I noticed in 32.7. In Nalmissra (last seal guardians), which is Gorwom01.cre, which use NALMISS.BCS, blocks for Charm spells (she use Succubus charm Male and charm Female spells) have !CheckSpellState([PC.0.0.0.0.FEMALE],ALLIED_RIGHTEOUS_WRATH_OF_THE_FAITHFUL) line.

But as I can see in spell description, and also in Near Infinity, ALLIED_RIGHTEOUS_WRATH_OF_THE_FAITHFUL does not protect against Charm. ALLIED_AND_SAME_ALIGNMENT_RIGHTEOUS_WRATH_OF_THE_FAITHFUL does.

What about Siege of Dragonspear in general?

I played through SoD with insane difficulty slider and all I've seen (except the regular prebuffing mages) was 1 million creatures each encounter. Sometimes it was pretty ridiculous. Spamming fireballs and wands of fire 24/7 was the general response to everything.

I'm pretty certain this isn't the intended standard of SCS. Fighting 30 Spiders (Phase, Sword, Wraith and Giant variants) at once... okay. I just cast fireball with three characters and they all die. Too bad that's pretty much all I do... Playing a nonmagical party would be such a pain.

Worst I've seen was 3 green dragon wyrmlings and two (IIRC) Wyverns spawning randomly in the green dragon cave. Each of the wyrmlings packs a breath weapon that will do 80-100 poison damage in large AoE which is instant death if you're not prepared (ie. not scouting for them, not packing a scroll of poison protection for a warrior type who can beat them). Seems too much of a hassle.

I've used Enhanced Edition Trilogy to bridge games together.

Edited by czacki