New multi-class combination - some questions

Caillean

I've made a mod that adds a Ranger / Thief multi-class option, and there are two problems remaining:

1. I don't want any racial restrictions, so this is available for all races. The alignment is restricted to NG and CG in alignment.2da, which is enforced for all races except for gnomes. So, if I make a gnome Ranger-Thief, all alignment choices are available on character creation, all the other races can only have the right ones. Any ideas how this could be?

2. Concerning item usability:  GemRB wiki says

currently you'd still have to share the usability flags with some other combo

So if I use Ranger item usability in classes.2da my character still can't use certain items, e. g. the Moon Dog Figurine (MISC7T), which restricts usability for any other classes than Ranger and Ranger-Clerics. So would I have to patch item files then to make them usable for my custom class combination, or did I something wrong?

All files can be found here.

Edited by Caillean

1. Race has nothing to do with it, so that sounds fishy. Try adding some debug prints to gemrb/GUIScripts/bg2/GUICG3.py, before if AlignmentOk.GetValue:

print 111111, i, KitName, CommonTables.Aligns.GetValue (i, 4), AlignmentOk.GetValue (KitName, CommonTables.Aligns.GetValue (i, 4))

2. I don't remember such problems with my monks, but file a bug, at least it is easy to reproduce.

1. It shows "Illusionist" as the KitName for gnome characters, for the other races "Ranger_Thief" as it should be.

2. I'll try this with your sorcerer-monks, too, see if they can use mage items. Btw., I kinda borrowed from this one, hope you don't mind.

EDIT: No. 2 is fine. Changed it to thief, it worked, back to ranger, now that works, too. I had the value double-checked, but perhaps I messed it up nevertheless, so sorry about that.

Edited by Caillean

EDIT: No. 2 is fine. Changed it to thief, it worked, back to ranger, now that works, too. I had the value double-checked, but perhaps I messed it up nevertheless, so sorry about that.

Nope, strike that. It's gnomes again, fishy as it may be. Gnome Ranger-Thiefs can't use this Moon Dog Figurine, while other races can.

It's a tweak mod, so almost anything can go there. I've asked CreevsDak to merge the old ones, so it's easier to install and extend. If you know weidu, a new component is welcome. Just those 2s need to be changed to 1s and it's done.

I've got that working.

EDIT: See here.

Though for BG1 and BG2 just replacing 2 with 1 is not quite enough, it seems. The class window shows "Mage" instead of "Illusionist", but then the kit window comes up and you can still only choose Illusionist. I see this in BG2s GUICG22.py:

#make gnomes always kitted
    KitIndex = GemRB.GetVar ("Class Kit")
    MageSchool = GemRB.GetVar ("MAGESCHOOL")
    if MageSchool and not KitIndex:
        SchoolTable = GemRB.LoadTable ("magesch")
        KitIndex = CommonTables.KitList.FindValue (6, SchoolTable.GetValue (MageSchool, 3) )

Does it cause that and do you want me to open an issue?

Edited by Caillean