Problems with some objects in my mod…

Well, I’ve recently made an install of my new mod - Emerson v1 - and I’ve encountered a few problems : I’m unable to give 4 of my items - an armor, 2 maces and a helm - to a cleric character - NB: It works with a paladin -…I’ve pointed meticulously all these items with NearInfinity, and I don’t know what is the problem exactly (the PEARMACI.ITM is recognized in passing). So is it possible that an experienced modder put an eye here and may give the solution to this thorny problem ? Thank you by advance.

Here the 4 items :

PEARMVAI.ITM
PEHELMPS.ITM
PEMASCEL.ITM
PEMASHER.ITM

Sorry the descriptions are in French but I’m ready to translate them if necessary.

EmersonVF_v1beta.rar

Instead of giving item files, which are probably all right, if you can type the items in with the console in-game and equip them directly (that's what you mean by "give", right?) - instead of that you should describe how you are going about this in Weidu. And whether there are any WARNINGs in the log file generated by your installer.

Thank you for your quick reply, Temnix, but I have to precise one thing : in all cases I’ve created PCs in ToB, giving them a big sum (100000 GP) et put in the Waukeen Promenade (AR0700), at the Adventurers Market with the console. And well the things didn’t wok at all anyway…

If you want to know where the problem is, you have to break the process down, step by step. This looks like a mod you are making just for yourself, so the most advice I want to give is to implement the features one step at a time: give them gold; if that works, put them in the Promenade...

@temnix, I am pretty sure you read that wrong.. as Prof tries to buy the items from his own merchant with a ToB protagonist by using the console and cheats for easy access to ar0702... he didn't exactly say that... but that's cause he is a French and you know, English is sometimes hard.

Yes, a little more explanation would work wonders. Perhaps @Prof Errata, you could post in French with more information, after all, we are not mind readers, and someone can reply that way a lot better. PS: NOT ME ! 😋

Dear Jarno, thank you for your word of encouragement. Well I haven’t progressed at all and I don’t know what is the cause of these bugs for these 4 items, it concerns only clerics characters and I’ve verified, the Fighter/Cleric too…I put here these 4 files, hoping that a good soul will solve these problems. Thank you by advance.

NB : I’ve had 7 years of english studies at school, and I’m ready to do the translations if necessary.

PEARMVAI.ITM PEHELMPS.ITM PEMASCEL.ITM PEMASHER.ITM

Looking at the pearmvai.itm:

image.thumb.png.02559f9adca5dd23c7d80ec625d435c3.png

The Dexterity requirement looks a LOT WRONG, same with Int and Wis... so just go to the Edit view, and set them to zero'es.. or rather set all those to 3's.

The identified name is wrong in my NI, because we use a different language and so forth. It's not a big deal, but the others ARE.

EDIT: Yeah, my bad... I had the BG1 as the game to view the files with in NI.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

Mmh, voyons voir…Having installed my mod, I’ve had a look at PEARMVAI.ITM. And well there aren’t weird characteristics. So Jarno I suggest you to install directly my mod and see if you find the source of the problems. I’m ready to translate the terms in English if necessary.

NB : this mod have been created with Near Infinity.

14 hours ago, Prof Errata said:

NB : this mod have been created with Near Infinity.

But what version of Near Infinity do you use ? And show me what it says there with it.

I ask this because, if the file that you say doesn't work HAS a -256 as the Dexterity REQUIREMENT to use it, it can't have come from NOWHERE ! So you F-ed that somehow up, or something else ...

I used the files from the first file you uploaded(EmersonVF_v1beta.rar) to check that. My NI is a NearInfinity-20180205 version, it's not the newest, but it's definitely something that will show the file basics WELL.

EDIT: Yeah the above posts explanation goes here too.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

Salut Prof !

Le problème semble venir des flags Unusable : décoche tous ceux concernant les mages. Pendant que tu y es, tu peux aussi supprimer ceux des kits de druids, car ils ne servent à rien puisque les druides ne peuvent pas porter ces objets. Idem pour les kits de voleur.

Oops...

In English: the unusable kit flags are wrong. Remove all the mage kit flags. Do the same with Druid and Thief kits.

Edited by Gwendolyne
1 hour ago, Gwendolyne said:

In English: the unusable kit flags are wrong. Remove all the mage kit flags. Do the same with Druid and Thief kits.

AND the so called Generalist or True-Class, as that's the one that's screwing the whole non-kit'ted characters like Cleric or Fighter & Fighter/Cleric.

52 minutes ago, Gwendolyne said:

Yes. I did not mention it as NI display it with most mage kits offset..

Yep. But why would you edit the term "Generalist" out from your post.. yes, I read your non-english post part, didn't understand it... but I read it and it definitely had the word "Generalist" in it. 😛

(ox2d I guess). ;)

Sorry, but that's a zero-ex-too-dee, not a ou-ex... :D .. as the zero-ex defines the following number to be a hexadecimal one, just like the zero-bee(0b) would make it a binary, and zero-dee(0d) could be a decimal.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola