Changing unused item types

temnix

Items can belong to a long list of types, only a quarter or third of which are used. There are eyeballs, earrings, scarves - scarves? What game has scarves? Well, I would like to make use of those categories and include some of my custom items in them, mostly so I can have new pick-up and drop-off sounds. I did it for "Hats," when I wanted something for my characters' heads without the clanging of metal, and in that case I edited a line in ITEMTYPE, putting in my own sounds and "6" for the slot where they were to be equipped. But how do I make a version of "Miscellaneous"? What do I need to type for slots for the item to be equippable in the quick items?

6 hours ago, Endurium said:

Misc items are limited to the Quick Item and Inventory slots.

What I'm asking is what slot number I need to enter for an item type to be equippable at Quick Item. They are all, of course, allowed in the backpack.

9 minutes ago, temnix said:

What I'm asking is what slot number I need to enter for an item type to be equippable at Quick Item. They are all, of course, allowed in the backpack.

So what you mean to say is that you can't open a .itm file with Near Infinity, with a previously mentioned Hex Offset option on, in one of my posts, and look at the .itm's offset at 0x1c aka Category, and find the misc files usually in the zero category... aka you just put this:

COPY ~<modfolder>/<itemfilename>.itm~ ~override~
READ_SHORT 0x1c type
WRITE_BITE 0x1c 0
BUT_ONLY

Into your mod. 😋