Is it possible to install EE-compatible mods after using the EET install tool?

I don't think you'll find anyone here who knows what exactly Roxanne's EE Setup Tool does, sorry, with all her silent tweaks to EET and her inofficial mod versions etc. I don't think there is anyone here who can answer any questions to that tool.

Theoretically, what you need to know for EET is that EET_End.exe needs to be deinstalled if you install any mods, and there are some tweak mods that should go last in install order (and at the very end EET_End.exe needs to be installed before you play).

EET_End.exe can just be installed/deinstalled like any mod by double-clikcing the "EET_End.exe" (on Windows).

46 minutes ago, DandyDev said:

I want to use the EET Install Tool BWS-EE to install EET on top of BG1EE + BG2EE, but not all mods I want to use are supported by the tool. Can install mods such as these after using the install tool? I assume that if the mods are EE compatible, that will make matters easier?

No because the proper install order will be destroyed. And the proper install order is something witch is very important for IE modding.

I do know the Project Infinity in Alien's sig is an alternative. It is an install tool that has EET support.

I had previously used Roxanne's tool (quite successfully), but with the already voiced concerns regarding the silent changes I'm switching to Project Infinity. In fact, I'm updating my mods and gathering the required knowledge and resources to perform such an install right now. :)

From what I can tell, there's an install order sorter within PI based on categories (NPC, QUEST, ITEM, etc). It looks like you have to manually assign mods to those categories, then PI will install them.  I'm also using an old Weidu log from a previous install to help guide my install order. (and to re-download everything, to ensure I'm current and not inadvertently using any "unofficial" versions 😕 ).

Others might have more detailed information. Basically, having just acquired all my mods, I'm going to just up and launch PI and see what happens like a brash wild-man xD

13 hours ago, Lightbringer said:

From what I can tell, there's an install order sorter within PI based on categories (NPC, QUEST, ITEM, etc). It looks like you have to manually assign mods to those categories, then PI will install them.  I'm also using an old Weidu log from a previous install to help guide my install order. (and to re-download everything, to ensure I'm current and not inadvertently using any "unofficial" versions 😕 ).

Does PI decide on a category-level what the right installation order is, as long as the user puts the mods in the right categories?

13 hours ago, Lightbringer said:

Others might have more detailed information. Basically, having just acquired all my mods, I'm going to just up and launch PI and see what happens like a brash wild-man xD

Maybe I should be a daredevil and try it myself as well.

1 hour ago, DandyDev said:

Does PI decide on a category-level what the right installation order is, as long as the user puts the mods in the right categories?

From what I've seen it does.  Sometimes the trick is to find the right category.

Update: I just loaded in a modlist of about 75 mods. All of them loaded as "Uncategorized", so I will need to manually place them in the appropriate categories.  There are still the nice GUI checkboxes for all the components, as in BWS.  The categories are sorted in an order, but it can be a little vague. It really comes down to judgement calls, in some cases.

I just wish there was a way to check conflicts between mods. I really liked how the EET Setup Tool would notify me of conflicts within mods and prompt me to resolve or ignore and how to do so.  Most of the conflicts weren't things I would've thought of.

PI has a lot of serious potential. Right now, it looks completely workable, but requires a bit of guesswork from the user. With metadata tags and the ability to search for and download mods from Github, it could become really robust and extremely user-friendly. That will require modders to tag and make their mods ready for PI -- something that can happen with widespread acceptance of this as a new standard.

Edited by Lightbringer