Trying to make an invisible bearer of Wizard eye

temnix

I'm making an effect (creature) that is supposed to travel around the map randomly and reveal terrain. The problem is how to implement all at once: Wizard eye, random movement that ignores terrain type limitations and persistence of the effect - and include a visual effect that must play over the creature (it's a kite). If I make an avatarless bird with the RANDFLY script, it goes around freely but will shuck off the Wizard eye in a few seconds. On the other hand, if I take a creature with a basic, non-bird-type animation as a starting point, it refuses to cross over impassable terrain even with No collision detection on it and even with script command that should make it ignore distances. It only wanders around where characters themselves can, when it should take off over walls and crenellations. I invite suggestions for something that could do the job - if there is such a possibility.

I've tried different combinations and learned that it's the script, RANDFLY, and the RandomFly() action in it that causes the Wizard eye effect not to stick, not anything about birds. But RandomFly() is what makes free movement possible. Once that action begins, the creature no longer checks for other conditions, so it's impossible to use it with timers or anything like that...

Edited by temnix