[Kit Pack] Deities of Faerûn (BGEE, BG2EE, IWDEE and EET)

On 2/10/2021 at 6:22 PM, Guest Matt said:

I noticed that some of the new spells are available to mages as well as priests. Is there a vendor that sells scrolls for these spells?

No - some wizard spells are available to priests but no priest spell is available to wizards (at least not in this mod), so there's no need for scrolls.

4 hours ago, Raduziel said:

No - some wizard spells are available to priests but no priest spell is available to wizards (at least not in this mod), so there's no need for scrolls.

hmmm, I thought the spells came from this mod, perhaps I am wrong. When I make a Sorcerer I have several spells such as Expeditious retreat, Summon shadows and summon shadow monsters, suffocate, seven eyes, etc on my list of options. Are these not a part of this mod?

Hey hey hey! :) I have the same issue with the Heartwarder of Sune kit, it's the only thing in like 30 mods that didn't install properly. SPWI411.spl fails to copy? 

The weidu log is attached. 

I didn't use the Sphere system, since I'm not a massive fan, could that be causing it? That said, every other kit installed fine. :)

Is there a way for me to fix this myself? I don't want to cause anyone problems! 😕 

Thanks! 

WeiDU.log

12 hours ago, CaloNord said:

Hey hey hey! :) I have the same issue with the Heartwarder of Sune kit, it's the only thing in like 30 mods that didn't install properly. SPWI411.spl fails to copy? 

The weidu log is attached. 

I didn't use the Sphere system, since I'm not a massive fan, could that be causing it? That said, every other kit installed fine. :)

Is there a way for me to fix this myself? I don't want to cause anyone problems! 😕 

Thanks! 

WeiDU.log 41.68 kB · 1 download

Can you attach Setup-Deities-of-Faerun.DEBUG, please?

Thanks.

Nevermind, a reinstall of the EE Mod Setup/EET seemed to fix the issue. I simply installed the deities kit packs first then let the installer run and do the mergers and what not. Seems to have worked nicely. :) 

Thanks for your time all the same! And thanks for your hard work, you've done an INCREDIBLE job! :)

13 hours ago, Cahir said:

@Raduzielwhat is the exact incompatibility between DoF and Spell Revisions? I've been debating for some time whether to choose DoF or F&P, but this one point always turned the tide towards F&P. But of the incompatibility is cosmetic, this could change my perspective.

It is not merely comestic.

Long story short, to make DoF compatible with SR I would have to write lots of codes that I don't want to because SR overwrites some spells instead of patching them.

Hi Raduziel, I noticed issues with 2 of the SPL files.

The first is with the Hail of Arrows ability (RASOLO4.SPL). It's supposed to set APR to 5 for 1 round, but it doesn't do this because the Type field for the APR bonus is set to 3 (Set Final), which only works as an equipping effect. Changing the type to 1 (or even 0) will fix this.

The other issue is with the kits that have Fighter APR bonuses. At level 13, they are gaining a full additional +1 APR, instead of just +0.5. Looking at RAAPRFX.SPL, the way the bonus is supposed to work is at level 7 it gives the 0.5 APR, then at level 13 it removes the 0.5 and adds a new +1 APR bonus. On op321, the resource field is set to an item that doesn't exist, instead of RAAPRFX.SPL, so the level 7 bonus isn't being removed. Changing this should make it work correctly.

Also, and this is just my opinion, but for Hail of Arrows, something to consider is using op176, instead of op126, for reducing movement to 0, so it can't be prevented by Free Action. Since the character isn't being Held, but is standing in one spot to use the ability, I don't think Free Action should be able to allow movement.

Thanks for the quick update. Hail of Arrows works correctly now. With RAAPRFx.spl, apparently, changing the resource field on op321 wasn't enough to make it work correctly (though it was still needed). I was surprised because I have a working version of the spell on my current iwdee install. Looking in NearInfinity, the only difference I see in the SPL files is I changed the timing field on the level 7 APR effect to timing mode 9. 

I'm not sure why, but just testing it right now, when the level 7 op1 effect is set to timing mode 9, it gets removed by op321. When set to timing mode 1, it does not get removed, and the character ends up with 2.5 attacks at level 13, instead of just 2.

Edit: Removed file because the issue is fixed in the latest release (v1.9.7.6.7)

Edited by Dan_P