[Kit Pack] Deities of Faerûn (BGEE, BG2EE, IWDEE and EET)

Very nice, though I am most looking forward to the eventual addition of the other Lords of the Golden Hills.

Curious though with the spheres...I mean they would literally only have access to one elemental sphere...in theory I guess?

Edited by John

Glad this mod is still being worked on! I especially liked the updates for the last update with Gruumsh and Corellon.

I had a question about compatability, and no rush, as I'm sure you're very busy. If I was to install a new druid kit from a different mod, one that wasn't designed to be compatible with this mod, what do you think might exactly happen? Would they just not have access to the sphere system and it would revert to the default casting system? Would they get the same spheres as a true-class druid? Or would there likely just be a conflict between the two and the game might not play or there would be problems with it?

Thanks!

On 11/19/2019 at 4:36 AM, John said:

Very nice, though I am most looking forward to the eventual addition of the other Lords of the Golden Hills.

Curious though with the spheres...I mean they would literally only have access to one elemental sphere...in theory I guess?

The Lords of the Golden Hills are the pantheon with the most deities so far, so they'll probably lay back in line for a while.

As for the Lords' spheres, they will definitely get major in their respective element, but I'm not sure if it will be the only elemental sphere. I'll think about it.

1 hour ago, Guest Gnoll said:

Glad this mod is still being worked on! I especially liked the updates for the last update with Gruumsh and Corellon.

I had a question about compatability, and no rush, as I'm sure you're very busy. If I was to install a new druid kit from a different mod, one that wasn't designed to be compatible with this mod, what do you think might exactly happen? Would they just not have access to the sphere system and it would revert to the default casting system? Would they get the same spheres as a true-class druid? Or would there likely just be a conflict between the two and the game might not play or there would be problems with it?

Thanks!

Hey, Gnoll. Good to see you around here. If I may give you a suggestion, create an account to follow this thread. Will be easier to keep track of the mod's news.

Every kit not embraced by the sphere system gets the default selection (the same of the non-kitted class). If you point to me what kit it is I can try to get in touch with the author as I did with many others. If it is the Lost Druid, you're out of luck as the author went MIA for a while now. I can send you a MP teaching how to add a personal selection locally but there is nothing I can do in termos of release as it would be kind of disrespectful with the author. 

Hey, Gnoll. Good to see you around here. If I may give you a suggestion, create an account to follow this thread. Will be easier to keep track of the mod's news.

Every kit not embraced by the sphere system gets the default selection (the same of the non-kitted class). If you point to me what kit it is I can try to get in touch with the author as I did with many others. If it is the Lost Druid, you're out of luck as the author went MIA for a while now. I can send you a MP teaching how to add a personal selection locally but there is nothing I can do in termos of release as it would be kind of disrespectful with the author. 

Thanks for the quick reply. I was interested in a couple of these druid kits, but I don't think it's being supported. Maybe I will just do circle enforcer for Jaheira instead. Thanks!

10 hours ago, Gnoll said:

Thanks for the quick reply. I was interested in a couple of these druid kits, but I don't think it's being supported. Maybe I will just do circle enforcer for Jaheira instead. Thanks!

FailGeek is MIA too as far as I know. But feel free to send him a MP on my behalf asking him for getting in touch with me here - I would do it, but I'm banned from BD's forums (not something up to discussion, except through MP).

5 hours ago, John said:

Of course. Take your time, just always been that gnome guy. How is Moradin looking?

With a long beard and kind of shorty.

Just kidding, I didn't touch anything mod-related in the past weeks. My baby is having tough nights and my graduate studies are being harsh - whatever time I have left (and is not devoted to sleeping) was expended in Fallout New Vegas.

Not even ClearAir.2da was modded yet - I lost the instructions Kjeron gave me as I don't have access to my inbox at BD's forum anymore.

Edited by Raduziel

I can't get this mod to install on BG2EE on my mac. The first time, I got a parsing error on the base cleric changes, then after that I'm getting a parsing error before it even gets that far. I'm not very computer-savvy, any help?

19 minutes ago, Guest Baquan said:

I can't get this mod to install on BG2EE on my mac. The first time, I got a parsing error on the base cleric changes, then after that I'm getting a parsing error before it even gets that far. I'm not very computer-savvy, any help?

Mac? I know nothing about Macs, sorry.

39 minutes ago, Guest Baquan said:

Hello,

I never even touched a Mac - probably not even was in the same room with one, to be honest - but I'll do my best to help.

To do so, I need some intel. Can you please provide the following files, from your game's root folder: Setup-DeitiesofFaerun.debug and Weidu.log

Those files will allow me to pinpoint exactly the problem and start to work on a solution.

Thanks and sorry for this inconvenience.

debug:

WeiDU v 24200 Log

./setup-DeitiesOfFaerun
[./chitin.key] loaded, 877618 bytes
[./chitin.key] 189 BIFFs, 62285 resources
[./DeitiesofFaerun.ini] loaded, 2614 bytes
[./engine.lua] loaded, 104 bytes
[./weidu.conf] loaded, 17 bytes
[./lang/en_us/dialog.tlk] loaded, 11630279 bytes
[./lang/en_us/dialog.tlk] 103241 string entries

[DEITIESOFFAERUN.TP2] PARSE ERROR at line 2 column 1-7
Near Text: SUPPORT
	GLR parse error

[DEITIESOFFAERUN.TP2]  ERROR at line 2 column 1-7
Near Text: SUPPORT
	Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: parsing [DEITIESOFFAERUN.TP2]: Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: problem parsing TP file [DEITIESOFFAERUN.TP2]: Parsing.Parse_error

FATAL ERROR: Parsing.Parse_error

WeiDU Timings
load TLK                         0.000
parsing .log files               0.000
loading files                    0.010
Parsing TP2 files                0.019
unmarshal KEY                    0.032
stuff not covered elsewhere      0.033
unmarshal TLK                    0.052
TOTAL                            0.146

I am on a fresh install; no other mods yet.