Arthas

Why is everyone quitting beamdog forums?

2 hours ago, shawne said:

Aww, thanks! Yeah, that was me 😎  The BG3 news had me feeling nostalgic so I took a little tour around the old haunting grounds - stumbled on this thread and had a good time!

shawne, as I live and breathe. I remember being bummed about your banning.

12 minutes ago, Skitia said:

It is ultimately subjective admittedly so an agree to disagree situation I guess. But  from reading it in totality, I do not think those who received moderator action are in the right. That said, for those who do feel wronged by the moderators, I hope they can at least get a chance to appeal and have a second chance.

As all the posts have been deleted, you can't know if the warnings/bans were deserved.

5 minutes ago, Kilivitz said:

shawne, as I live and breathe. I remember being bummed about your banning.

Ah, the good old days when "Mizhena" got more search results than "Madonna" 😆 

8 minutes ago, lefreut said:

As all the posts have been deleted, you can't know if the warnings/bans were deserved.

I was giving that opinion based on the snippets from both sides on this thread, since that is the evidence I have to work with. Based on that, I do think they were just.

Edited by Skitia

19 minutes ago, Skitia said:

I can go read the forums though, and I can't agree with the declaration of unhealthy and poisonous at all.

Maybe not in some broad sense, but my point was, it has certainly been pretty poisonous to kilivitz, and to shawne, and to lefreut, etc.  These are (were) forum users just like any others.  I hardly think their experiences should be discounted.

Oh, I certainly agree an individual's experience on a forum could be less than pleasant, and given a ban was involved them having that emotional takeaway is very understandable. 

Edited by Skitia

Oh, I certainly agree an individual's experience on a forum could be less than pleasant, and given a ban was involved them having that emotional takeaway is very understandable. 

Well, we are bitter haters, after all 😇

More to the point - the fact that several individuals are describing the same experience might be the smoking gun you should be looking at. Just sayin'.

Edited by shawne

Aside from the grievances in this thread, I'm pretty sure there are different reasons why a lot of users have left quietly as well. Among them has to be the incredibly lengthy patch cycles and no new announcement of any games other than Axis and Allies(which sorry is even more of a niche game than the BG series) We're getting further 2020 now and there doesn't seem to be that much progress.. actually barely any progress at all to be honest..

I would say Beamdog is in danger of being forgotten completely if they keep this up.

Seems like Beamdog customers are in danger of being forgotten. That patch was supposed to drop in 2017...

Posted (edited)

What an interesting thread, I can't believe I'm just seeing it now.

I'm on mobile and so far I just read up to page 10 so I'll be brief.

1) If Tresset is still a moderator, Beamdog has no morale to demand anything when it comes to respect and civility. Period.

2) I give full permission to public discuss all details of my banning and warnings. I even want to see here a copy of all my posts that were moved to the so called "holding area". No need to vow for my privacy, go ahead and openly talk about everything. And give me access to my account for five minutes so I can screenshot some PMs. But please, let's discuss everything and not just a frame that is convenient for Beamdog.

I'll go take my daughter to eat ice cream now as I know that those hidden posts will never see the light of the day again. Wouldn't look good for BD.

Peace.

Edited by Raduziel

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, subtledoctor said:

Seems like Beamdog customers are in danger of being forgotten. That patch was supposed to drop in 2017...

Hell, doc, you've been around since the beginning - it's hardly the first time Beamdog customers got left in the dust for actual years.

Edited by shawne

On 3/6/2020 at 8:54 PM, Raduziel said:

1) If Tresset is still a moderator, Beamdog has no morale to demand anything when it comes to respect and civility. Period.

His provocation and disrespectful posts leads to the bans of people who openly complains about Beamdog. Of course he is still a moderator...

Posted (edited)
On 3/6/2020 at 5:32 PM, subtledoctor said:

Well as I see it that essentially leads to the same thing. Regardless of the reasons behind the delays.. three years is a long time to wait for a patch and Nwn:EE is showing the same slow progress. Soon enough people stop caring and you don't have a fanbase to keep you afloat anymore.

I mean what is their future plans at the moment ? ....Is there even one? 😅

Besides fixing bugs. There's also a boatload of potential features that have been requested in both the feature subforum and in the ask beamdog thread. Not that  I think those will ever see the light of day...

Giving an option to chose between the vanilla intros and beamdog version for example. 

Edited by Lanky

On 1/26/2020 at 1:51 PM, Jarno Mikkola said:

Sorry to burst you bubble, but you use the wrong word here. See a modder usually means a person that use a mod, but a better term is "mod user"... that's not rare. A "mod makers" are a bit rarer, which I assumed you meant. And then there's the forum moderators, aka a person that monitors a forum and can modify their content ... all which could be called modders, but as you can probably read, but it gets twisted when used in a fachion that's goes around the usual suspects, or rather the precision. Especially when all you got to do to become from one to another, is to know how to open a text file with a Notepad, to actually start, after which you can probably start wondering if you opened the correct file. 😋

Yeah, we are all modders and this WAR!!! is like modders against modders. Modders banning modders, modders giving modders a middle finger and "leaving forever", like in that scene in Mass Effect when Shephard Modder sticks a tool in Sergeant Modder's back and he says: "you are modding/moderating too hard..."

I'm gone for a long time and I see nothing changes with the BG community DRAMAS!!!!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.