Sign in to follow this  
Arthas

Why is everyone quitting beamdog forums?

As a long time Beamdog forum user, I also hope that mods will be discussed and promoted on the beamdog forum as well as here.

there was a great debacle concerning the timeframe of the 2.6 updates... and yes I was there as well. But I do hope that differences aside, that at least the modders behind bars will maintain some open channel on the beamdog forum.

especially since the beamdog forum is a great place to start for new players, and thusly learn about the mods that keep the game fresh. If the mods aren’t maintained and promoted at the Beamdog forum, it will keep many new players from the real beauty of the game: mods.

I see you've been reinstated since your last posts date to 2018, but got banned again. Irredeemable :(

I honestly do not remember as the beamdog forum is extremely milquetoast and boring to read. I think I had an another account way back?

I did went there just now, and found Ardanis's series of posts about how trans people are unworthy of existence and how transphobia is the human nature. So that was something! Beamdog might be good for outing people as garbage creatures.

Edited by Almateria

From what I can tell, the bottom line is that you’re not allowed to stick up for yourself over there. And if you do, you must be completely debased in order to get your full speaking privileges back.

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

I haven't had the same experience. Once i got a warning i didn't agree with and sent a reply in a moderate tone, but basically stuck up for myself and didn't experience any reprisals. Gotta be moderate dude.

6 hours ago, bob_veng said:

I haven't had the same experience. Once i got a warning i didn't agree with and sent a reply in a moderate tone, but basically stuck up for myself and didn't experience any reprisals. Gotta be moderate dude.

Oh believe me I have been extraordinarily civil with the moderators. I have continually tried to engage them in constructive communication. Even now I have (had?) maintained a running conversation over PM. But my efforts have been generally been met with reactions ranging from circle-the-wagons defensiveness to unprovoked hostility.

6 hours ago, bob_veng said:

Gotta be moderate dude.

You'd think that would apply to moderators too.

Lol, I like where this is going :D Has anyone tried opening older threads over there? It's a fucking graveyard :facepalm:

If anyone's curious, they sent me a "warning" for this post https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/1087996#Comment_1087996, claiming I was "apologizing terrorism". Roflmao wut.

Later, they sent me another "warning" when I explained in PM to another participant of the trans thread (would've used the thread itself, but it was clearly veering off-topic) at his immature view of the world, so he proved my point once again and ran crying tears to the mods.

In any case, I've known for several years it was just a matter of time until they banned me. Anyone old enough to remember BWL dramas will understand what I mean😏

9 hours ago, Almateria said:

I did went there just now, and found Ardanis's series of posts about how trans people are unworthy of existence and how transphobia is the human nature. So that was something! Beamdog might be good for outing people as garbage creatures.

Would you mind clarifying if you're trolling or being sarcastic, or if that is what you had actually made out of my posts? I would very, very much like to know if that's what it looked like. I mean it seriously. (Just FYI - while I was certainly trying to talk some common sense into several thick SJW skulls present there, at that point I was already fully aware it was a futile effort to reason with them, so I was half arguing with idiots, half asking other idiots for a long awaited ban.)

Edited by Ardanis

On 11/16/2019 at 4:45 PM, lefreut said:

One discussion about the lack of any information on the next patch got a little heat (because people are tired of waiting with no news). Then Beamdog decide to hide some messages because they can't accept criticisms. It got more heated because people don't like seeing their posts disappear with no reason.

Beamdog finally gives a reason but not for long as they change their mind and removed everything. Even messages asking what happenned were quickly removed as if they don't want to let anyone know.

And it ends up with warnings and bans.

I didn't see that thread, but if it was the same as any other before it, than I'd like to be fair - Beamdog does not mind criticism. The people comprising the forum staff, however, are not part of the company and have severe difficulties understanding how human nature works. This is how half the forum ended up banned "for breaking the rules", even though nobody would raise an eyebrow here at G3. I tried, unsuccessfully, to explain them the damage they've been doing to the community, only to have eventually my access to the staff forum removed.

Edited by Ardanis

Heh heh, yeah, they left up the most aggressive post I wrote in the whole thread, but conveniently deleted everything after the point where two moderators violated their own forum rules.

1 hour ago, Ardanis said:

The people comprising the forum staff, however, are not part of the company and have severe difficulties understanding how human nature works. This is how half the forum ended up banned "for breaking the rules", even though nobody would raise an eyebrow here at G3. I tried, unsuccessfully, to explain them the damage they've been doing to the community, only to have eventually my access to the staff forum removed.

I've been trying to communicate that to them too, but have been unable to get through to them.

Edited by subtledoctor

That hardly looks aggressive to me? But yes, the problem is that "being rude" to other users is a sacred cow brought to an absolute there rather than common sense. And since most any person doesn't see it that way (or doesn't know/care), they thus naturally assume the mods are the hounds employed by the company to shut down any criticism. Even if it's not the case, the net effect remains the same.

In the end I stopped giving a damn, and just enjoying the drama now. I probably shouldn't, but I wasted enough brain cells explaining the issue to not feel obliged. If someone who appears to be shooting their own foot says that yes, they know what they're doing, then who am I to get in their way.

Edited by Ardanis

5 hours ago, Ardanis said:

Lol, I like where this is going :D Has anyone tried opening older threads over there? It's a fucking graveyard :facepalm:

If anyone's curious, they sent me a "warning" for this post https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/1087996#Comment_1087996, claiming I was "apologizing terrorism". Roflmao wut.

I'd say that's more in the vein of advocating for the conservative view of gun control which is a thinly veiled white supremacist thing. Although obviously I would not expect you to view white supremacism as terrorism, based on your other views. 🙂

It's me, I'm the thick-skulled LGBT SJW. Trans rights now, kill fascists, guillotine the rich.

Edited by Almateria

4 hours ago, subtledoctor said:

Heh heh, yeah, they left up the most aggressive post I wrote in the whole thread, but...

JuliusBorisov wrote: »
Unfortunately, updating just one platform, and just for one function, can't be done.

"Well, yes, it can be done. You guys may have made a decision that that is how you are going to do things. But that is a matter of policy - not possibility. TBH I think it’s kind of disrespectful for you to claim otherwise."

Hmm, I don't think that was viewed as aggressive, more likely it's that you were partially right about it being about a policy the game is under. But you might mistake the update impossibility for something different than what it's for. As you misunderstand the reason why it's there.

See, the game might be larger today than it was yesterday, and so also more combersome, to the point where if one were to update one matter, it would need to go through the Quality Assurance today, though all it's departments and only then get pushed to publishment... which does take time. And they don't do partial updates.

A modder such as you will probably not understand this kinda thing because you don't need to assure that your tweaks will not break a thing today or in the future... but they do know this. Or if it does, they need to know how and if to fix it.

1 hour ago, Almateria said:

It's me, I'm the thick-skulled LGBT SJW

Somehow you forgot the Q and A ... no, I am serious.

1 hour ago, Almateria said:

Trans rights now, kill fascists, guillotine the rich.

Funny thing is, the fascists would solve a lot of these problems and there wouldn't be a lot of killing or personal murder, if it hadn't been social/authoritarian, but a capital nationalism. As if you set a value to each person that's born to your nation, and you educate them and so increase their value... you can't really kill them without taking a lot of financial damage. Which as you know from capitalism is opposite to the objective.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this